Toon's Name's

Guy's and Gal's ,

I know there is no filter on the EMU , So PLEASE don't use name's that will make my "Grandchild" say look pa pa he got a nasty name .

I seen some names that was funny to me, but they might be a name you don't want your child or grandchild to see .

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1299408316' post='35820']
My Josef Fritzl alarm activated upon reading this topic...

If your grandchild knows that it is a nasty name, then what are you protecting it from?
[/quote]
What's more important is probably preventing the question "Dad, what's a <insert profanity>?".

Knowing what a "bad" word means and having your face rubbed in it every time the person talks in new player chat, is two different things. And, people with name like that always seem to talk a lot.

In real life, I tend to avoid people that swear a lot. I just prefer not to hear it. Same goes here. (and yes, I know what all the words mean)
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='GenghisBob' timestamp='1299427167' post='35831']
Knowing what a "bad" word means and having your face rubbed in it every time the person talks in new player chat, is two different things. And, people with name like that always seem to talk a lot.

In real life, I tend to avoid people that swear a lot. I just prefer not to hear it. Same goes here. (and yes, I know what all the words mean)
[/quote]

+1
Totally agree.

[quote name='Darkk' timestamp='1299464392' post='35863']
Well if you see a players name that is offensive, send a message to Blacklung.

If he deems it to be OK, then you'll just have to ignore that player.
[/quote]
http://support.net-7.org

We also have to wire up the name spotter to exclude names of sectors, systems and objects in sectors. I'm looking at you, 'Uranus'. Although he gets a special exemption clause since Uranus jokes are eternally funny and protected by providence.

Hopefully we'll have this wired up before we go Alpha.

In unrelated news did I hear that someone took a PP into Uranus?

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1299473419' post='35889'] I'm looking at you, 'Uranus'. Although he gets a special exemption clause since Uranus jokes are eternally funny and protected by providence.
[/quote]

This shall be quoted later on in my own defense. Thanks Tien!