Shut up you Evil **

member of this forum since 3 weeks and playing the emu after 6 years cut from enb I choose to use the New Player channel only to get help or help others.

I always try to be polite to others.

After several times got the comment from players: shut up or leave this channel today during talking with some members one came in and told me this.

I'm not used to be treated like that and NEVER heard anything like that in "enb live".

So my Question: Is this the way EnB should go?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think we all know that this behavior you're talking about is not how EnB should go. The question is more of Is this how EnB is going? To me it seems like the community is nicer than it was in live. People have had six years to grow up. Unfortunately not everybody grew up, but I feel like we have a tendency to put EnB live on a pedestal.

• Upvote 1

strange comments. I want to throw it out there that its interesting you had that experience because me as well as many others have a positive

experience. I find it interesting your pushing it about the direction of the Emulator so it puts a seed of doubt in my mind but that's just me

90 percent of the people (even opposite former "enemy" guilds) have been cool and i am sure many people can attest to this.

outside of the occasional "my guns are bigger then your guns" battle most things run smoothly even if you have a low level guild skirmish ( it

turns all in good fun for the two guilds involved)

yes there are a few people who seem to have something wrong with them, but they usually seem to be on low level characters that log on, say some

choice words in game or choice posts on the forums and then you never see them again, i figure this is some one who is bored who wants to start

conflict. so in short, the game rocks, the community rocks and i will end on this. if you seem to be getting grief from a particular area move on

come find me I'll chit chat with you. but also always remember, not everyone in the world will like you or what you have to say. And , There are

people from different countries that do not always understand you, as in English might not be there first language.

:->

p.s. save the chat log in the future so we might understand better.

If there is an issue screen shot it and show the tool for what they are in public.

A bit of group humiliation works wonders.

On the whole I've found the community to be helpful and reasonably polite , misunderstandings do happen but as has been said alot of people don't speak english as there first language (including most americans!!! hehe).

All the best

Alk

member of this forum since 3 weeks and playing the emu after 6 years cut from enb I choose to use the New Player channel only to get help or help others.

I always try to be polite to others.

After several times got the comment from players: shut up or leave this channel today during talking with some members one came in and told me this.

I'm not used to be treated like that and NEVER heard anything like that in "enb live".

So my Question: Is this the way EnB should go?

I was getting the same crap from some inviduals, its freaking annoying when I am trying to ask for help and all I get told to do is to be quiet and when someone tells me that it drives me nuts. I've just been refraining from asking for help anymore and lately I have not even been playing and thats one of the reasons.

BTW I know theres a command to dump the chat into a log but its been so long I do not even remember it, if someone remembers the command I would be ever so greatful.

Edited by CptGemini

There is a screenshot command, but a lot of people say (me included) that it just causes the client to crash. It's the "prtscr" button if I remember correctly (I may be mistaken, wouldn't be the first time). You could always grab the chat log from the program folder, but I can't remember exactly what directory at the moment.

Honestly, I don't know what the race chats are like for non-progens, but nearly every time I am on I will answer that.

I don't typically have "new players" turned on my main characters, so I don't see what happens in that channel. And, the reason I don't turn it on is because its full of that kind of attitude.

All progens should ask in progen chat for help. You'll find many helpful genetic freaks there.

There is a screenshot command, but a lot of people say (me included) that it just causes the client to crash. It's the "prtscr" button if I remember correctly (I may be mistaken, wouldn't be the first time). You could always grab the chat log from the program folder, but I can't remember exactly what directory at the moment.

I have a licensed copy of fraps I use for screenshots and video clips :-)

Use the "Scroll Lock" key to take screenshots. If you are not running the client as an administrator, this may crash the game - otherwise you should be safe. Also, all chat is saved in the "Earth & Beyond\release" folder in the file "Chat.log". I haven't seen people act a fool like this myself, but people are probably nicer when they know there's emulator staff around. If people are giving you a hard time, PLEASE report them. Hostility has no place in this community.

• Upvote 3

If people are giving you a hard time, PLEASE report them. Hostility has no place in this community.

That is exactly what i did after I couldnt take it anymore. I have however not been in the game lately partly due to that and the annoying faction grind.

Honestly, I don't know what the race chats are like for non-progens, but nearly every time I am on I will answer that.

I don't typically have "new players" turned on my main characters, so I don't see what happens in that channel. And, the reason I don't turn it on is because its full of that kind of attitude.

All progens should ask in progen chat for help. You'll find many helpful genetic freaks there.

+1

I always have the race chat ON for which ever race type I'm logged in as. Basic questions going to n00b chan makes sense, but specific questions about your particular race are (IMO) best queued up in their respective channel.

I used to have n00b on to be able to help out but it became such an off-topic gabfest that I couldn't take it anymore.

To be honest, some (self claimed) "veterans" needs to tone it down a little. Most players are helpful and nice, but sadly there is a few rotten apples. I know some of you have played together since early testing stages and know eachother well, but if u dont welcome new players, the game wont survive.

Dont call players noobs and worse because they ask questions, how the hell do you expect them to learn the game if they dont ask? The question might be stupid in ur mind, but for new players they probably are not!

This game isnt run on subscriptions, so if you want the servers to be online, you should do ur best to keep all players, maybe they will even donate in the end.........

• Upvote 2

To be honest, some (self claimed) "veterans" needs to tone it down a little. Most players are helpful and nice, but sadly there is a few rotten apples. I know some of you have played together since early testing stages and know eachother well, but if u dont welcome new players, the game wont survive.

Dont call players noobs and worse because they ask questions, how the hell do you expect them to learn the game if they dont ask? The question might be stupid in ur mind, but for new players they probably are not!

This game isnt run on subscriptions, so if you want the servers to be online, you should do ur best to keep all players, maybe they will even donate in the end.........

nicely said bro. the first time someone told me to shutup when i was asking a question i got extremely pissed off at them, i won't say their name even though the retard never visits the forums.

EDIT: wow i just asked for something in general chat and i was not told to shut up, im surprised.

Edited by CptGemini