Attn Devs: Please stop deleting stuff.

First it was Hellfire, Solar Sail 8, Dung Flinger both PM and recipes.

Not satisfied with that next wave of deletions: Loonys Gizmoblastit, Loonys Hunk o' Metal, Dread Mail 8s > 100%, Black Power 8 > 100%, Tail Tucker, Scientists Data Cube.

What difference does it make if we have stuff > 100% or stuff that got out prematurely and we printed it? This stress test is going to end up with a player wipe anyway so it makes no difference.

You had a bunch of happy players who were enjoying the stuff and you wiped the smiles from their faces.

Stop deleting and open a dialogue with players.

<_<

Apparently, reports I am hearing indicate inconsistency in these deletions.

Stuff deleted from one character while the same stuff is not being deleted from another character.

What's going on?

I heard a GM said it's not over yet.

:(

The only items that should/would have been removed are items that conflict with the storyline or timeline for them being available. I'm not aware of us making a move to delete items in particular but Ill ask around.

Why were we supposedly deleting them, exactly?

It happened to me yesterday. i logged in my character Lostcelt to find that my progen reinforcer 8 was gone along with my loony's gizmoblastit and Black Power 8. Not only were these items installed in my ship at the time of removal but the result was that i was left in space with no reactor. And no warning that it was going to happen.

Edited by MuleX

Wait, what? You're saying items are being deleted from inventories? Have you actually seen this or just heard about it?

First time it happened:

Reinforced Solar Sail L8 recipe and a SS8 200% engine taken from LotTT.

Second time it happened:

Dread Mail VIII L8 shield 140% taken from Bliss.

Scientists Data Cube L9 reactor matrix 106% taken from Bliss.

Tail Tucker 135%ish L9 device taken from Bliss.

Loony's Gizmoblastit L8 device 176% taken from Bliss.

Loony's Hunk O' Metal L6 device 106%ish taken from Bliss.

Gaze of the Martyr L8 plasma beam 176% taken from Bliss.

This is stuff that has been deleted from my characters that I've witnessed myself.

Right now we're in a test stage still for the emulator and I really don't see issues around time lines and story lines because this ain't live yet, lol. It does no harm to let the stuff get out there because it gets tested and you get feedback and you can look at any issues. So what if stuff gets out early? Turn it to a positive.

Players having fun keeps them coming back for more.

Deleting stuff is deleting fun and just negative, negative, negative.

Edit: If there is any chance of getting stuff given back again I'd chose Bliss getting the 176% Gizmoblastit and 106% Scientists Data Cube returned they were the most fun. Already got another Hunk o' Metal lol.

Edit2: Remembered another item taken: Gaze of the Martyr 176%. Would also like that item returned too please, if there's any choice in the matter.

Edited by Lot

First it was Hellfire, Solar Sail 8, Dung Flinger both PM and recipes.

Not satisfied with that next wave of deletions: Loonys Gizmoblastit, Loonys Hunk o' Metal, Dread Mail 8s > 100%, Black Power 8 > 100%, Tail Tucker, Scientists Data Cube.

What difference does it make if we have stuff > 100% or stuff that got out prematurely and we printed it? This stress test is going to end up with a player wipe anyway so it makes no difference.

You had a bunch of happy players who were enjoying the stuff and you wiped the smiles from their faces.

Stop deleting and open a dialogue with players.

:D

As i think about it;  Loonys Gizmoblastit, Loonys Hunk o' Metal,Tail Tucker and if i'm right here the Dung Flinger were stuff from 'Der Todesengel'(Bogeril) and shouldn't be in game right now as it goes to story line.(they needed items out of hulks in 'Der Todesengel' to manufacture them, Tail Tucker was also a mission device from there)

But, no one would delete these items without to inform the other devs.

greets

Hexergirl

Hiya Hexergirl. Sorry but someone did remove these items and more. And if you are just now finding this out then obviously that someone not only did NOT communicate with the other devs about it but there was no warning to us either that we may be stranded in space without the equipment to get moving.

All i can say, i have looked in DB and these items are there and seem not changed(for example the needed items to manu)..

But please, you all know atm are problems with the server, so it is possible that unexpected things can happen.

greets

Hexergirl

We are asking about this internally to see what exactly happened. I will update you as soon as I learn anything. It could've been a simple miscommunication, or even an accident.

again people do things without checking/letting anyone know. isn't the first time and wont be the last, ain;t anything to do but sit and wait till someone manages to figure it out, currently tho there are bigger problems they are dealing with(like not being able to log in/gate/dock 90% of the time when the server is actually up

Wait, what? You're saying items are being deleted from inventories? Have you actually seen this or just heard about it?

Nope, wasn't intending to admit to anything if I appeared to. I don't have any clue what's going on here at the moment, but it sounds like not all players lost these items from what I'm seeing in the posts which definitely puts it down to not being deleted intentionally.. or in most likelihood. It sounds like a very strange bug to me, at least so far.

We are asking about this internally to see what exactly happened. I will update you as soon as I learn anything. It could've been a simple miscommunication, or even an accident.

Well, I can speculate about what happened and who it was and probably wouldn't be far off guessing right.

More to the point will anything be done to prevent it from happening again and also to restore items?

Well, I can speculate about what happened and who it was and probably wouldn't be far off guessing right.

More to the point will anything be done to prevent it from happening again and also to restore items?

Does no good to light pitchforks aflame or to lynch anyone based on speculation. To answer the other two questions we'll have to see how it happened.

Nope, wasn't intending to admit to anything if I appeared to. I don't have any clue what's going on here at the moment, but it sounds like not all players lost these items from what I'm seeing in the posts which definitely puts it down to not being deleted intentionally.. or in most likelihood. It sounds like a very strange bug to me, at least so far.

Sorry Kyp, wasn't talking to you. (should've been more clear) I just didn't fully understand the post when i first read it and was making sure I was getting it straight.

Does no good to light pitchforks aflame or to lynch anyone based on speculation. To answer the other two questions we'll have to see how it happened.

Indeed. We have no idea who or what caused this anyway. There's no way to tell for sure that anyone intended for it to happen. Let there not be angry mobs; they always wreck up the place anyway. Do you know what a pain it is to get blood out of the forum carpets?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To answer the other two questions we'll have to see how it happened.

The list of items deleted from Bliss's inventory were too specific for me to believe it was a bug.

I've come across null items and invisible items before in inventory and hold and know that re-logging makes them reappear. I've come across equipped items mutating into other items before. IMO neither was the case here.

I'd accept that a member of staff took it upon themselves to delete the items believing it was right to do so. It is an internal matter for you guys to set out policy and needs no more comment from me.

If you need to remove items then fair enough -- apologize for allowing the items in to game and tell us they need to be deleted. And I don't mean mention it through channels in game letting only those online at the time know what's going on. Let everyone know on the forums. I would hope though that only items that currently break the game get deleted.

Or if quality on items needs to be reset above applies too.

I know I'm not making any friends here but sometimes feedback has to be negative to improve things.

If you're feeling generous though please toss Bliss back her Scientists Data Cube and Gizmo (176%!).

xxx Lot.

:)

my ts avatar has lost its blackspeed engine while i was in space, but i can still do everything like i have 1, warp is like a lvl 1 engine, , so it must be some sort of bug.

Dunno if it has anything to do witht his thread but still wanted to report that I 'lost' 5 million credits :|

5 days or so ago I logged in, guildy asked me to buy some comps for him in Paramis.

I think I had about 3.7m of my own, he gave me 1.5m extra.

I'm pretty sure I had about 5.2 million when I tried gating to BBW.

Game crashed, couldn't log in again.

Today I logged back in and guildy asked me to get those comps.

I went to Paramis and there I noticed I only had 10.000 credits.

Weird eh?

I sold a few things Ihad in vault so he has the comps now, but I wanted to report it anyways :D