Attn Devs: Please stop deleting stuff.

This isn't limited to the Play server, either!

I just logged into my PS Beta character on the Dev server, and he's missing both an engine and a shield generator! I'm pretty sure he had a Black Force IX and a Black Power IIX. Now, this isn't no major problem, because it's a beta character on the dev server and so I can just create replacements myself, but it does mean that this problem isn't isolated to just Play.

It affects all of us.

EDIT: Interestingly, when I tried to create Black Force IX again... it appeared in my inventory as a "Null Item" - was it removed from the game or something? Same with item Black Power VIII, both of which are Ghost of Blackbeard drops.

This isn't limited to the Play server, either!

I just logged into my PS Beta character on the Dev server, and he's missing both an engine and a shield generator!  I'm pretty sure he had a Black Force IX and a Black Power IIX.  Now, this isn't no major problem, because it's a beta character on the dev server and so I can just create replacements myself, but it does mean that this problem isn't isolated to just Play.

It affects all of us.

EDIT: Interestingly, when I tried to create Black Force IX again... it appeared in my inventory as a "Null Item" - was it removed from the game or something?  Same with item Black Power VIII, both of which are Ghost of Blackbeard drops.

No, Black Force IX and Black Power VIII are in DB, nothing changed as i can see, they are in DB as they are listed.

greets

Hexergirl

Well, lately there has been issues on the play server with items and sometimes entire vaults missing. I know loosing stuff sux, but remember this is a stress test and not even a beta...and whats more its being put together by people working on the emu in their spare time.

I would say lets wait for an explanation before getting too upset. The fact that some people still have the items in question make me think its more of a mistake and less of an intentional deletion, but who knows for sure until we get the full story.

Might it have something to do the with the content update Blacklung announced on General that the other night before restarting server? All i noticed was BBW being faction closed?

I dont have the gear u mention, so just taking a wild guess realy

IIRC, after that update things went into the toilet or was it before , reguarding server issues at present. IMO.

I could be wrong.?

Phor..

Edited by Phorlaug

I am not aware of any items being removed by devs. It's probably a coding bug. It might be affecting these really nice items because they are the items being used frequently by players.

If it is not a bug and a dev has done this without informing us, we will talk to them and make sure it doesn't happen again without being absolutely necessary. Give our coders some time to look to see if it's a bug. I'm guessing that's the case.