Spawn times increased?

Hi,

I have the feeling that spawn time of some mobs has increased to a rediculous level.

I;m trying to get a few more CL's for my level 150 pw.

Normally I kill the drones in BBW, but the spawn time of the cl56-58-60 combo near the gate to Paramis is now 10 (!!!) minutes.

Also, I have the feeling that the spawn time of the mushrooms and horrors in Odin Rex has increased.

Also, I have the feeling that the cl50 Bio spawn time is 10 minutes (did not clock that)...

Please, reduce spawn times! It;s very hard already to find good mobs that can compete with jobbing.

The way it is now, jobbing should be 2-3x as fast as killing which I think is a shame :lol:

And as allways: Thnx for EnB !

Been shooting for 2.5 months now and still lovin' it :D

• Upvote 1

I keep meaning to mention this, and it usually takes somebody else to bring it up first for me to remember what I wanted to put in the forums.

In addition to what Merquise mentioned above, it seems that all of the higher level (27+) Chavez have a much longer respawn time than they used to. The 40's and 50's in Paramis, the high 30's in Rag, and the high 20's in Odin Rex used to respawn relatively quickly. I haven't put a timer on them, but it sure seems to take a really long time for these guys to come back now.

Yup mob spawns on PLAY seem pretty broken or borked take your pick.

Clear mobs around a navigation marker and wait the usual expected amount of time for a respawn and nothing. Keep waiting waiting waiting waiting ... Not sure I want to keep waiting really, it's been too long.

B)

I think some of the problem is that the respawn points for some of these mobs is way off the map (beyond the sector boundaries).

I noticed this on the Paramis Chavez mobs near the Secret HQ the other night, with my TS equipped with full scan+ gear and buffed, giving me upwards of 14km scan range (and those Chavez mobs have a decent engine signature, so I can see them about 20~22km from my position when hugging the eastern boundary)

They are probably spawning from a point further east, but as a guild mate was killing the ones in orbit around the Secret HQ, a few minutes later I'd see their replacement spawns drifting westward and eventually back to their normal tether range over the HQ.

... I also waited a couple of hours for the Genetic Cargo mission mob.

Correct the spawn time of this mob has been increased by an amount of a power of base 2. All Genetic Cargo mobs (note it will have further defenses) will spawn to a power of base 2 due to cell multiplication. The antibodies may be reduced in their spawn time.

Correct the spawn time of this mob has been increased by an amount of a power of base 2. All Genetic Cargo mobs (note it will have further defenses) will spawn to a power of base 2 due to cell multiplication. The antibodies may be reduced in their spawn time.

Exponentially increasing spawn times? Umm... ok.

Exponentially increasing spawn times? Umm... ok.

Well the spawn time in seconds is set to 2^x for the genetic cargo mobs although 2^1 may be a little overkill... New awakened cargo mobs i'm introducing at 2^9 seconds or the RAM Size of my PC when I played this game in live, but that'd be subject to change depending on how nasty the mob is. Tweaking really so spawn times of the Genetic Cargo mobs should not be treated as fixed at this moment in time.

Is there anybody from the dev team that would care to throw in a comment about all the other spawn timers and whether this is something that should be moved to the bug section or if this was an intended change and we just need to deal with it. Honestly ever since I hit about cl40 on my PP (TL has been at 50 for awhile), I will load up with about 3 extra stacks of ammo per weapon, go out for a few hours and kill some mobs until my ammo runs out, take the loot back and sell it, notice that my CL meter has moved maybe 10%, and decide to run trade runs for about an hour and a half or so and pick up the rest of my CL to get to the next level. Now with spawn timers increased, I only go hunting mobs if I need a particular loot item, or if someone wants to do some group killing, otherwise I only do trade runs to level up. Still seems a little unbalanced to me, and I'm not suggesting that trade needs to get nerfed again, it just seems like all these changes are being made to make it harder to level which is a little discouraging. Agree? Disagree?

• 2 weeks later...

I think some of the problem is that the respawn points for some of these mobs is way off the map (beyond the sector boundaries).

This is definitely true. I have been levelling a toon in mars killing missile drones. wWere the first one used to respawn at the nav just as I was killing the last one, now I have to wait several minutes for mobs to come back to the area. I have actually seen them all migrate in in a line from far away.

Samething happened when I moved to getco Drones in earth.

Also noticed the decreased respawn in VG fighting osterae at seeding and harves and in VC fighting zenshai at peril.

Would be good to change the spawn points back to the appropriate nav since the effective long spawn timers really ruin hunting, esp in a game where grinding is the main means to level.

Edited by Marlee