Very long missions

Tyran

This is just a wild idea, I know it existed in live in a lesser degree:

It would be nice to have missions for people with truly no life. They need to be so long, that if anyone has the reward gained by one such mission the average player will feel sorry for that person - as the mission is just sad.

The type of missions in mind would be like these examples:

Collect 250 Balderium, 250 iron, 250 neutronium, 250 asmodeusium...etc etc...basically a rediculous amount of ores are required numbering into many thousands.

Collect 250 tengu tentacles, 250 nommos eyeballs, 250 red dragon coins, (maybe 250 daeva photon emitters?:)), etc etc...same story as above basically.

Reward does not need to be UBER by any means, just useful.

• Downvote 2

This is just a wild idea, I know it existed in live in a lesser degree:

It would be nice to have missions for people with truly no life. They need to be so long, that if anyone has the reward gained by one such mission the average player will feel sorry for that person - as the mission is just sad.

The type of missions in mind would be like these examples:

Collect 250 Balderium, 250 iron, 250 neutronium, 250 asmodeusium...etc etc...basically a rediculous amount of ores are required numbering into many thousands.

Collect 250 tengu tentacles, 250 nommos eyeballs, 250 red dragon coins, (maybe 250 daeva photon emitters?:)), etc etc...same story as above basically.

Reward does not need to be UBER by any means, just useful.

<---slaps Tyran along side the head

How dare you provide ideas such as this. Now Byakhee is going to implement this mission for the Progen lvl 135 HU, LOL. :)

Byakhee is indeed the ideal candidate to make these missions.

He makes sure only tough warriors succeed ;)

You've got my vote. I like long missions. :P

You've got my vote. I like long missions. ;)

I also like long missions. I would not limit it to warriors. Some missions that are race specific, some that are profession specific, and a few that only one class can do.

I'd love some long explory type missions... And by long I don't mean "Mine 50 unit(s) of lvlX Unobtainium" either. :D

A good 50+ step mission that takes you all around the galaxy to places you may of overlooked or take you to some hidden mining spots.

Indeed a 50 step mission is another option instead of collect XXX parts/ores.

Apart from long quests being end-game material it would be nice if they could also bridge the levels a bit where you now would have to grind like crazy.

In other words levels 100 to 135.

For long missions I thought that the Lyle series of missions for JE and PE, as well as the Zach missions (PE, JE, TT) were nice, though I thought that the Zach mission rewards, should have gone a little higher in max level given the amount of ores needed to make a Sturdy Solar Panel. The length of those missions, however was great in my opinion, though I think Lyle's mission rewards were better.

Long missions are fine by me, as long as they are not so vague in direction that I must seek help constantly to complete.

The latest (kinda) long mission I did was pw lv100 hu, and other than a very scarce mob in one of the stages, it was pleasingly doable. ;)