Leftover parts & broken parts related to building failure

You could also view it as a 'critical failure' Who can 100% something all the time? I'm sure everyone can relate when you have that 1 screw missing... or left over :)

well tbh... I would be ok with building something and having an extra comp leftover... especially if it was one of those 500,000 credit comps :)

sadly we only work the other direction

<--gives Avani a manes essence (this was left over from the last reactor I built for a Terran) :)

Seriously though, I do like the idea that if you have a failure, or "extra parts" you should get back at least a broken comp or something (cracked focusing lense, broken circuit board, etc)

I had made a suggestion in live once that the trader classes should have an ability to take like 3 of the same broken parts and manu them into a working comp.

<--gives Avani a manes essence (this was left over from the last reactor I built for a Terran) :lol:

Seriously though, I do like the idea that if you have a failure, or "extra parts" you should get back at least a broken comp or something (cracked focusing lense, broken circuit board, etc)

I had made a suggestion in live once that the trader classes should have an ability to take like 3 of the same broken parts and manu them into a working comp.

I like this idea too. Would this work as a part of the build comps skill?

I like this idea too. Would this work as a part of the build comps skill?

Yes, build comps skill. I just thought since comps usually require ores (so you would need to partner with an Explorer class or break down another comp to get them) maybe some of the loot only comps, make the ingredients be broken parts instead of ores.

Yes, build comps skill. I just thought since comps usually require ores (so you would need to partner with an Explorer class or break down another comp to get them) maybe some of the loot only comps, make the ingredients be broken parts instead of ores.

An explorer class, no problem, my main toon is a JE.