Client bottle necks processing power

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Standard Recap :D

Issues:Fail to reach log-in screen or poor performance at log-in screen.

reported by Orga2

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Launch the client.

2. Resetting updates.

3. Continue to play the game after updates have finished.

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?

Expected: Client launches normally, continue to net-7 proxy window after agreeing to the ToS the Video runs and then the log-in screen appears.

Instead: Net-7 proxy hangs or locks up, crashes/closes it self while leaving the client running in the background with high processing.

Net7 versions with the problem? Other Net7 versions without the

problem? V1.9.9, I don't know of any other versions .

32-bit or 64-bit and any other build parameters?

Tested and reproduced on 32-bit build, but I expect 64-bit suffers equally.

OS version and versions of tools/libraries used?

Windows Vista x86-based

Please provide any additional information below.

Before updating, when at log-in screen I see, hear choppy animation. The performance is not very smooth and it hogs my cpu power while running.

After resetting updates, failed to reach log-in screen the net-7 proxy window closes/crashes and the client continues to run in the background, only on these permitted to run Win 2000, XP, and higher.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I decided to have a little chat with Kenu the DEV in-game and we went through a bunch of ideas trying to fix this problem and we couldn't find the root of the problem or solution.

Before I start here are some my specs, I have Vista 32bit as OS, 3.0Ghz dual-core CPU & 4Gb of DDR2 Xms Corsair RAM.

The Problem

I had issues when launching the client and reaching the log-in screen and fails down hill from there. The HOG boosting to exactly 54%+ on CPU and using 50mb+ for RAM. Meaning it continues to slowly gradually increase it's hunger when idle. Even when I'm just Well moving the mouse on screen causes it to like run very, very slow i get skipping audio and it barely runs as if there no power left on my machine. Very much like in the same behavior ram leakage happens, but here's the strange part. I have plenty of ram and cpu power and it makes no sense why it's failing to run smoothly instead of like lagging or dying wanting to crash but refuses too. :)

These steps listed below I took to fix the processing issue and none of them worked!

1. reboot, encase updates didn't update.

2. reupdate, encase i missed or skipped an update.

3. Disable AV+Firewall, encase it's preventing some components from working.

4. Change display settings, encase it's a driver problem.

5. config enb then relaunch client, encase it's a settings problem.

6. Compare other game clients to watch for cpu hogging action, it's optional but I didn't see a match. :)

So both me and Kenu are pretty much stumped at this issue, that I notice appear after updating from version 53 - 55. :) recently like yesterday

I just want to know why? Why me lol [DEV]Kenu suggested I post a thread on here describing my problem and that you "C Del" are more tech savy then he is. :D so yeah here I'm please help me...SMASH this bug or issue with the game client.

I well also NOTE that, b4 the update and b4 like 2 months ago I could play this with same settings and same machine and not have any problems. Now it's fubar! >_<

Edited by Orga2

Hey Orga2,

Have you tried uninstalling the client and reinstalling fresh? It may be something weird in one of the files casuing the client to lock up. I have seen this issue mostly with a messed up .MIX file.

Thanks,

David

Nope haven't uninstalled it yet. It's been a long while sense I installed this client and not sure which to use the old method or new one if there is one shot installer hmmm...

Mix files you say? eeek well funny enough I notice at one point recently when searching through the data files, some program must have attributed some of the mixed files in the folder, xD So it may have done something silly lol that I had no control over. Like attributed the mixed files. I don't even know what mixed file types were. I well check that out you may be right.

By the way David Is there an updated version of the one shot installer? or binary installer client? It gets a bit confusing, because there was controversy over which to use to install and I just need to know the right one maybe you can link me it's been awhile. xD

No we do not have any one shot installers because of the ownership of EA we can not really do that. What you can do is download the installer from Ea and then just run the launcher and it will update all your files to the current version. We should be coming out with a new patchier soon to go from the demo version of the client to the latest version.

Thanks,

David

My suggestions...

1. Reseat your memory...

2. I know you will hate this step and it is very probably a waste of time, but cant be ignored... Run Malawarebytes on your pc... really haven nuttin to lose but time

3. Do not disable your firewall or AV, however make sure whatever you are using is legally licensed to you (even if its a free version of something) and check that it is up to date... dont trust it to be. If its hacked go get sumtin legal, there is plenty of free stuff out there

4. Changing your display settings will not tell you if display drivers are old or messed up... download the latest drivers for your vid card and try that

5. Disable your sound card as this could be a audio problem

6. This could also be a problem with your Northbridge/Southbridge video processor on the mobo (or whatever your mobo uses)... and if that is the case your mobo is game over... but if that was it, you would probably be seeing video issues on other places as well

One other thing you may want to try is removing one memory stick and see what happens and then the other... Corsair is nice memory, but most of it is OC so it (in my opinion and experiecne... your mileage may vary) has a higher failure rate than other mem... note... I use corsair as well

one other thing that is probably not the answer but easy to try... make a new user account on your pc and login to that and try enb... sometimes your ntuser.dat file gets some minor corruption and does weird things

I realize you prob did more stuff than you posted... but I can only base my advice on what I read and hope I read it right...

Edited by Avani

if you want a really easy way of resetting your mix files, open a command prompt, go into \Earth & Beyond\Data (whereever you installed it), and type

del *.mix /s

this will delete all your mix files. Then run the launcher and it will patch them back into place.

Although it's the easiest way of doing it, it will take a long time (half an hour to an hour maybe) so make sure you do this right before you're up to something else. Also you don't want to do this if you're on dialup :)

The beauty of it is that it doesn't need any faffing around with disks or installers.

if you want a really easy way of resetting your mix files, open a command prompt, go into \Earth & Beyond\Data (whereever you installed it), and type

del *.mix /s

this will delete all your mix files. Then run the launcher and it will patch them back into place.

Although it's the easiest way of doing it, it will take a long time (half an hour to an hour maybe) so make sure you do this right before you're up to something else. Also you don't want to do this if you're on dialup :o

The beauty of it is that it doesn't need any faffing around with disks or installers.

Cool Idea!!! I well test that out soon. :)

lol dialup... if your on dialup, then thats the problem...

Interesting concept, I have broadband not dial up.

I went through most of these steps I was able to preform some others I questioned.

1. Reset ram how?

2. Coincidentally scanned my pc with MalWarebyts before launching the client and yes it found no potential threats, so according to MalWarebyts I'm clean.

3. Checked my AV+Firewall it is up-to-date and legal.

4. Checked video drivers, they are up-to-date on that.

5. Disabled my sound card temporarily and no change was made to the clients performance.

6. Please explain how I can check my north-bridge/south-bridge on my mobo.?

I'm going to assume here you are running in Compatibility mode for WinXP? Didn't see it mentioned anywhere in the thread.

To answer your question, NO it's not running in WinXP compatibility mode.

However I recently updated before updating the client with this Vista Update, (KB982519) recently is suppose to help with compatibility issues. I think it might have made it worse.

At the same time also updated for nVidia display software. I thought maybe those updates might have affected the client. Haven't uninstalled them to test that theory yet.

So I went to do some more testing on the same messed up client. I got a second opinion in game by someone who "I won't mention name for privacy reasons" can compare stuff with.

7. in-game 140ms to and for server, rules latency out.

8. in-game 60fps on average, rules my gpu out.

9. Enb-config outside-game ruled out, because the other had anisotropic filtering set.

10. Possible updates ruled out, because the other guy has similar video card nVidia brand and updated his.

11. Possible other, strange features I noticed I had duplicate hosts,

play.net-7.org, 3x

ptr.net-7.org, 3x

dev.net-7.org, 3x

So I have a total of 9 host appearing in the client launcher hosts list window. The other guy was not sure if he had duplicate hosts, but he suggested I make a new account and log-in. So thats 2 for 2 on making a new account. If it so happens to be a ntuser.dat file corruption.

Is it possible that the client is confused and is trying to run the same host multiple times in a single window, causing me to have poor performance and high processing throttle, 50-60%+ immediately after launching in-game? Like you have to be connected to server to see the screen, if server is offline you won't even see the screen it well boot you off like usual I should think. It is here when I start noticing the problem.

The only time I have experienced such poor performance when using the game client is when I was triple boxing the client 2 months ago. I mean stuff was kinda choppy and slow, diffinitly boosted my processing throttle a lot. Basically it's obvious your not suppose to run 3 clients on one pc but I managed too. The downside is your computer well stress big time. That stress experience is what I'm noticing after launching, from the log-in screen to in-game. ;)

Ok I tried deleting the .mix files and then relaunching the client to update. :) It updated successfully but surprisingly it didn't work, the behavior of the client acts the same choppy meaning it pauses every 4 - 9 secs just on idle at log-in screen. :(

I also got this error right after updating the launcher and course I said continue because I wanted to see if it would launch. Instead it crashed then i tried a few more times, it got faster more times I relaunched the client. Finally made it to the log-in screen but still same issue occurs.

So WTF is this can anyone make it out? Is this report what messing up my client or not? Do I have a bigger issue relating to the enb client?

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '5' is not valid for 'index'.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListViewItem.ListViewSubItemCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at LaunchNet7.FormUpdateReport.DoDisplayUpdateReport()
   at LaunchNet7.FormUpdateReport.FormUpdateReport_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
LaunchNet7
    Assembly Version: 1.9.9.2
    Win32 Version: 1.9.9.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Net7/bin/LaunchNet7.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4205 (VistaSP2GDR.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
lhba6n3b
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '5' is not valid for 'index'.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListViewItem.ListViewSubItemCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at LaunchNet7.FormUpdateReport.DoDisplayUpdateReport()
   at LaunchNet7.FormUpdateReport.FormUpdateReport_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
LaunchNet7
    Assembly Version: 1.9.9.2
    Win32 Version: 1.9.9.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Net7/bin/LaunchNet7.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
lhba6n3b
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

looks like a javascript error with the java software on your pc and not the game... imo I would definitely be backing up my files at this point in case you dont already do so...

without seeing your computer its hard to diagnose the problems you are having... but either windows is really sick or imo you have a hardware problem somewhere... if your computer has a bootup diagnostics program I would run it... press F10 or F12 or one of those keys at boot

if its your mobo video processor north/southbridge or whichever your mobo uses, there is nuttin you can do and it may not even diagnose... its just sumtin you learn to see by watching pc behavior... but is one thing that would explain the behavior of the game... although it should also result in some bsod's

without someone to diagnose your hardware imo your best bet is to delete all traces of Net-7 and Enb from your computer including any files left over after uninstall then reboot, and then go back to the enb install post and start from scratch... if that does not fix it you can keep posting but imo it gets ugly from there...

also more detailed pc specs would help too for example did you buy your pc prebuilt like Dell or HP, or did someone make it for you and if so what parts did they use...

• Upvote 1

Ok I tried deleting the .mix files and then relaunching the client to update. :) It updated successfully but surprisingly it didn't work, the behavior of the client acts the same choppy meaning it pauses every 4 - 9 secs just on idle at log-in screen. :(

I also got this error right after updating the launcher and course I said continue because I wanted to see if it would launch. Instead it crashed then i tried a few more times, it got faster more times I relaunched the client. Finally made it to the log-in screen but still same issue occurs.

So WTF is this can anyone make it out? Is this report what messing up my client or not? Do I have a bigger issue relating to the enb client?

That's a normal error; it's a bug in the launcher's updating system. It's really hard to determine why the client is causing this kind of lockup. Is this a laptop or a desktop computer?

if its your mobo video processor north/southbridge or whichever your mobo uses, there is nuttin you can do and it may not even diagnose... its just sumtin you learn to see by watching pc behavior... but is one thing that would explain the behavior of the game... although it should also result in some bsod's

without someone to diagnose your hardware imo your best bet is to delete all traces of Net-7 and Enb from your computer including any files left over after uninstall then reboot, and then go back to the enb install post and start from scratch... if that does not fix it you can keep posting but imo it gets ugly from there...

also more detailed pc specs would help too for example did you buy your pc prebuilt like Dell or HP, or did someone make it for you and if so what parts did they use...

I ran a memory diagnostic tool test, it's built in with the OS but runs during boot of course. It detected no errors. So I'm just telling you what it read to me. Most of the time when I run something to diagnostic a problem and no errors can be found, then I'm pretty satisfied with the results but that's just me. I mean because I can't show the results one way or another. I believe the results are legit you know, if no errors have been detected when running any diagnostic tools.

What kind of pc do I use? I actually customized mine and upgraded from an antique setup. It used a lot of nice parts. :) Of course if your needing specs I could always print up a DxDiag file.

Also, I haven't had any bsods in a long time, the only time I encountered a bsod is when I was trying to noobishly load my OS on top of it's self twice with VMware, but that's a given. lol

That's a normal error; it's a bug in the launcher's updating system. It's really hard to determine why the client is causing this kind of lockup. Is this a laptop or a desktop computer?

I have a desktop, If you want me to give you a DxDiag file to help I well be more then willing to. :)

Can I make another suggestion? The M$ .NET Framework version 2.0 is messing on my pc? I never saw that bug until I believe 2 months ago. That's when I uninstalled or removed my old M$ .NET framework 2.0, which in that debugging thread thing was calling I assume? And that's why ever sense I moved to M$ .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, its giving me fits with this client? Some of gaming clients in the past, are known to have trouble with older versions of M$ .NET Framework on a Windows OS If I recall. The client won't start w/o DEP running if you use Vista because your M$ .NET framework version is not up-to-date. That's just what I followed from M$ experience.

It could also be M$ C++ Visual 2008 Redistributable..sry if I'm just guessing. I blame there crap components as a cause to most issues I encounter. They admit with a rollback option. if we screwed up just rollback...

Anyway I just want to say, Thnx to everyone who is working with me on this. I'm sry if I'm taking up your time. I just want to get it done and done right. I too have been working on this like a small lil project. I didn't realize how long this was going to take but trust me I'm working on it. xD I'll ask any questions about my pc except for my banking or SS# number. lol I'm not a genius but I won't get mad if one solution fails and another succeeds :) or someone else has a better method to diagnostic this problem. I like to give short answers ect... Just don't leave me I need all help I can get. :) Thnx

To answer your question, NO it's not running in WinXP compatibility mode.

So, have you tried running in compatibility mode? The second step in the technical faq stickied at the top of this forum deals with that. Yes it says "Crashing" but I had almost this same problem with Gimp. It would get to loading fonts then bam, everything would stop, cpu would shoot up and it would sit there and sit there, before finally loading up. Turned on compatibility mode and everything's golden.

Just curious.

Well, we can at least be almost certain that the .NET framework isn't the problem, as we only use .NET for the launcher; the client is pure native C++. It's also almost definitely not a hardware problem. If it were, you'd be experiencing a bunch of other problems.

Try setting the client to run in compatibility mode, if you haven't already, as Zinlu mentioned above; it's worth a shot.

OK, Well when I tried running it in compatibility mode. Win XP SP2, It doesn't change the behavior it's still the same choppy. Although maybe I forgot to mention this or this glitch is new, but I can't quite on the log-in screen because some of the UI is messing. So I use task manager to close the client out a lot of times and didn't realized it until now. I attached a snap shot of it. hopeful it helps. :)

A nice idea I found in this fourm was to use chkdsk and launch the client in debugging mode. Well the debugging didn't find anything wrong with this client. I used chkdsk and windows found some problems with my system files or file system. Either way it went on to correct them. Then I ran it again to be sure and second time said no errors were found so good thing I checked. That however didn't fix the glitch in the attachment but it did fix a few minor errors not relating to EnB that I notice.

Edited by Orga2

Well... any other game is not working properly?

If it's just this game, it must be its files.

Try running defrag or delete everything and unzip again...

Another possibility could be a weird new software that you installed recently. There's some spywares pretending to be anti-viruses around.

If you said that you used the game in the same computer, it's very likely that's just software.

And don't need to think about exotic possibilities, it's just a 2002 game.

(at least I think it is. maybe I'm wrong and this client is modified in some way...?)

Well... any other game is not working properly?

If you said that you used the game in the same computer, it's very likely that's just software.

And don't need to think about exotic possibilities, it's just a 2002 game.

Well ever mmorpg is built differently some use new coding others use old coding. Finding games that act the way EnB does is challenging I guess? I know in the past for ex: I can run EvE Online but once they modify there codes to work with M$ new crap designs and launch and update patch then it may work differently or not at all on my computer, just because of those minor changes. I actually don't play a lot of mmorpgs to test if other games are causing this to happen. I think graphics have nothing to deal with processing. I don't think this is graphics related though :) most mmorpgs have high graphics anyway it just depends on how they code the game? xD lol I wish I could make sense. Forget what I said just you know if you know of a game that relates and acts like enb even though true it's running off the demo and not an actually thing. then give me a list and I well install and check them out even if i can't subscribe to them. lol :)

In the mean time i well check some free Aeria games mmorpgs to see if they work or not.

Sense the launcher comes with log files according to them. I haven't logged on sense, 6/10/2010 that's the last time I logged on to the server and messed around with it running normally flying. combat, trade runs ect...

I'm starting to believe that this whole launcher is a rogue , :) but lets not jump to conclusion yet. LOL

Ok guys...got it up and working with few issues for the past couple days. First off, ALWAYS make sure you run the net7 launcher as admin if you're running vista. I had to check secure auth box, packet optimization, and the local cert boxes. After that, I had to reset updates and do them all again. I'm thinking maybe I forgot to run the net7 updates as admin...because checking all those boxes still got me the same result until I did the reset updates thing. Hopefully this will help with some troubles.

I decided to follow this guys instructions. xD

So I decided to run the launcher with reupdate or resetting again. Hoping that after my system files were fixed it may improve by updating again correctly. This is the steps it took when reupdating.

client version

295 updates, np found

55 updates, takes longer found something wrong I guess? art_11.mix needed an update. updates finishes, I launch net-7proxy appears, then ToS pops up, I click yes then boom it hangs or locks up and NOW it doesn't even run the EB Sizzle or get to the log-in screen.

So oopsy I officially broke it big time. xD I've test all this using the same launcher same shortcut and same application.

Could one of my art files be corrupt or getting corrupt updates as were discussed in previous tech topics?

Make sure client.exe is still running in corruptibility mode, and try changing it to a different mode, like Windows 2000 or 98.

Well ok then.. here we go:

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_02.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_03.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_08.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_10.th6

Data/client/mixfiles/mixfile_art_11- thru 20.th6

Data/common/network.ini

Data/common/network.ini.orig

release/authlogin.log

Seetms to be the same files over again!

thanks

OMG!!!

I did it! C Del There is an absolute pattern to the corrupt updates of not just mix files but .ini's this can be reproduced by just reupdating I have screen shots! maybe it's a BUG now but this could explain why my client acts sick when running or yeah this makes sense. Something is not allowing it to be updated or the files on your server are corrupted one of the too. Please look into this I feel we are very close to solving the root of this problem. :)

Edited by Orga2

Make sure client.exe is still running in corruptibility mode, and try changing it to a different mode, like Windows 2000 or 98.

Compatibility mode reports...

FOR: Win 2003, XP SP2, Vista

Activating procedures? launched client successfully, continued to net-7 proxy window successful, Net-7 proxy loads then hangs/lockups and continues to run the client in the background after net-7 proxy has closed.

Action took? Use task manager to end process after every launch.

FOR: Win NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)

Activating procedures? Client loads followed by, unhandled exception bug, launcher screen appears, everything grayed out, go to check updates and run followed by an error.

Error On Checking server status. Details: Value cannot be null.Parameter name: address

Pressed OK, buttons are now all available. continued to net-7 proxy window but failed with another error.

Error launching client. Details: This operation is only supported on Windows 2000, Windows XP, and higher.

Closed msg box OK, Failed to close client after multiple tries. followed by another error.

Application Has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process ID=0xb34 (2868, Thread ID=0x640 (1600).

Click OK to terminate the application.

Click CANCEL to debug the application.

Action took? Use task manager to end both processes, the client and launcher window.

FOR: Win 98

Activating Procedures? Failed to activate the launcher followed by this error.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: LaunchNet7.exe

Application Version: 1.9.9.2

Application Timestamp: 4c354e21

Fault Module Name: KERNEL32.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005

Fault Module Timestamp: 49e037dd

Exception Code: 40010006

Exception Offset: 0003fbae

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: b37c

Additional Information 2: 2a7328d8bb40c81c93b4b5f46adb8e10

Additional Information 3: b37c

Additional Information 4: 2a7328d8bb40c81c93b4b5f46adb8e10

FOR: Win 95

Activating Procedures? Failed to activate the launcher followed by this error.

Application Timestamp: 4c354e21

Fault Module Name: mscorwks.dll

Fault Module Version: 2.0.50727.4016

Fault Module Timestamp: 49cc5b00

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000c819

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 1f4d

Additional Information 2: 0ba560eb7920c91a3eab0287290cd119

Additional Information 3: 1e77

Additional Information 4: 4c215f4a795641f157545e5670524ceb

• 2 weeks later...

Well, OK I'm done here I got the green light to uninstall and reinstall a fresh copy of the enb client and launcher so...I'm removing the pics that i previously posted in this thread. Reinstalling doesn't identify the exact issue or what caused this to happen but It was a rare incident or rare bug according to C Del. If you need those pics again for w/e reason, just msg me and I well upload them again if needed. :P

Just for information for problems like the above:

If the ENB client is installed correctly you should be able to start just the client (in ENB directory)

and successfully login through the login screen and be able to chose a character.

If you get a message on login screen something like 'Globalserver not found' your inis are not correct(should be corrected if the launcher works).

You can't play then, but you can be sure your Client is ready to go.

If you have problems with the launcher try this:

Download the Express Edition of Visual C# 2008, Visual Basic 2008 or Visual C++ 2008 and install it (it's free!).

After successfully installed any of these Editions try again the launcher.

That goes mostly for Win 7 and Vista users.

Why installing an Express Edition? It configures Windows correctly for using programs compiled with the Express Editions.

The Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package does this too, but not all the Express Editions do.

If no other option is helping just give it a try.

greets

Hexergirl