Job Terminals for your consideration

I have a suggestion for the Dev's maybe you will like this one. I understand that jobs will be added to lots of the stations now or in the next cycle.

make it known some places have only one type of job.

lets say for example, Joves has LvL XX jobs, but only explore jobs. the next place that does not have job access will have lvl XX combat jobs and so on and so forth, that way no terminal area is completely camped.

people will seek these out just to run that particular type of job, if you feel like doing combat one day you go there, trade there ect ect.

Also. Each race/class has a station in there starter zone. if you have no plans to add lower then ol 50 jobs, make each of there home stations have some kind of job spot.

this will keep the population spread out.

Also, if it is in your power to add a 2nd - 3rd terminal you don't have to be a particular level to run the job, lets say you added ol 50 jobs to somerland ( a big populated area) but have it offer multi jobs. (i figure you would have this power because you added avatar/ship customization to joves)

You will never keep everyone happy but let me tell you this will defiantly be a good idea , especially if jobs are lowered to 5-6 at a time.

• Upvote 1

you have some good suggestions. I like the idea of multiple job terminals in the same station (which the client can do); possibly for different job levels, or something more interesting, perhaps one for slightly longer jobs, and one for the basic ones we have now.

I'm not sure that restricting job terminals in one area to just one job type would be advisable though, but see what people think.

you have some good suggestions. I like the idea of multiple job terminals in the same station (which the client can do); possibly for different job levels, or something more interesting, perhaps one for slightly longer jobs, and one for the basic ones we have now.

I'm not sure that restricting job terminals in one area to just one job type would be advisable though, but see what people think.

Charon Cloister has 2 Job terminals. Having jobs of different travel distances makes sense, same as jobs of different levels at all stations. Jobs that require greater travel should have higher rewards.

Players are like lightning, always taking the path of least resistance.

The reason VT was so camped was not because many different types of jobs were there.

But because it was right next to a weft.

I like the idea of expanding jobs to all sectors that can have a station with a job terminal in it.

Setting the difficulty of the terminal jobs based upon a combination of factors:

- 1. Difficulty of the originating sector (i.e. sectors in SOL system or "the Homeworlds" should be the easier OL 50-75 jobs, stuff from Trader's Fort or Prasad Station should be among the more difficult, OL 135-150)

- 2. Jobs at terminals very near wefts (in particular, Aragoth Station in VT, and Prasad Stn. to a lesser degree) should only OL150 jobs of an exceptionally difficult nature (kill CL55+ mobs for combat, passenger runs spanning at least three different stations located at considerable distances from each other for trade, and data collection explore jobs in three or more distant sectors) with a proportionately higher xp payout than the less travel time intensive jobs.

---- 2a. By contrast, jobs from Kailaasa and Jupiter should be set to a maximum of OL50 since these are close to the Jenquai starter zones, and offer jobs within one to two jumps (most likely in near-Jenquai space like Dahin and Yokan from Kailaasa, or in Saturn/Uranus for Jove's Fury jobs)

These "weft terminals" might get particularly camped, but as far as higher level jobs are concerned, there would also be OL135-150 terminals in stations *not* so conveniently located, with slightly less complex traveling/combat requirements which could be executed faster (such that the xp gain per hour from any given OL150 terminal would be roughly the same)

I do not recommend setting large spread of job levels per terminal; no more than two tiers (OL 50-75, or 75-105, or 105-135, or 135-150) should be offered so as to prevent frustration from players camping popular (i.e. near weft) locations.

Other recommended tweaks for the Job Terminal system:

- 1. Job sponsorship should be based upon station's owning faction, with a majority of jobs coming from that faction and others from "allied factions", for example:

---- 1a. Trader's Fort would offer mostly Freespacer jobs, but some RD and Chavez jobs might show up;

---- 1b. Prasad Station would offer mostly Shinwa sponsored jobs, but some Sha'ha'dem and Sharim jobs might show up;

---- 1c. EarthCorps High Command would offer mostly EarthCorps jobs, with some Infiniti, some GETCO/Hyperia and the occasional Bogeril that "hacked" the job terminal to enter his "get'er done" mission...

---- 1d. Friendship 7 would be mostly Glenn Commission/GSP jobs, with a bit of a free-for-all of other factions vying for your services...

- 2. Fix jobs that spawn travel locations in unavailable sectors (particular with paths going into sectors that are still in "Dev Country" like Ceres/Thule or Neptune or Sulani...)

- 3. Prevent jobs that spawn inappropriate destinations (such as killing a L37 mob in the Fishbowl, or a satellite/trash run into BBW, unless BBW will remain open for transit in the future)

• Upvote 1

Keep multi-job terminals but add some spots that only offer one type of job, this way you may have a taste for running an explore job you could go there, ( I suggest Joves ).

also as stated before, we should have jobs in the noob zones, Lots of sectors go un-used. they dont have to be high level or low level but it would be nice to have people flying through the starter zones , I bet you they would help new players who are trying to figure out the game....

Players are like lightning, always taking the path of least resistance.

The reason VT was so camped was not because many different types of jobs were there.

But because it was right next to a weft.

Agreed, and the places you had to do deliveries to were also all within 1 gate of another weft (Jupiter & ABB wefts). Aragoth Station and L100 jobs will always be the premier area for players over L85 to do jobs from, for that reason.

Ideally, the lvl of job should determine the number of jumps you have to make, so lvl 50 1-2 jumps, lvl 75 2-3 jumps, lvl 105 4-5 jumps and lvl 135 5-6 jumps. Benefits like wefts and shortcuts though BBW should only really effect the higher level jobs, as players will have had time to earn thier factions by this point (If they choose to) or have found a JE friend or 2.

I'm pretty fond of the idea of having some trade jobs requiring multiple statiosn to dock at (like 2 or 3) but having a greater XP reward, since they would take longer to do. That way player can choose to do lots of quick jobs, or a few long ones. I also like the idea of of having the higher lvl missions further out from the core systems.

Regarding terminals having multiple job levels, I'm all for this, but I'd probably want to tweak it so that lets say you have Net 7 with lvl 50 and lvl 75 jobs, but, Margesi would have lvl 75 and 105 jobs, where the lvl 75 jobs are 'slightly' better, this would be the lure to get players to actualy not stay at one terminal all the time and get them to move further out from the core, if you get what I mean?

Ideally I'd love to see all job terminals in the game with some jobs present and with some nice variation in routes as well, just got to get around to it! :-)

• Upvote 1

Regarding terminals having multiple job levels, I'm all for this, but I'd probably want to tweak it so that lets say you have Net 7 with lvl 50 and lvl 75 jobs, but, Margesi would have lvl 75 and 105 jobs, where the lvl 75 jobs are 'slightly' better, this would be the lure to get players to actualy not stay at one terminal all the time and get them to move further out from the core, if you get what I mean?

+4 That right there would be awesome.

Right now its a bit of a grind getting from around 70 to 100 (and from what I hear even after 100 its a bit of a grind) and while a player has the capability of getting 12 jobs from Margesi, I have yet to actually get 12 jobs out of Margesi (or at least 12 jobs that can actually be taken through to completion). People are always camping there. I hadn't been there in a while because about half the available jobs had the problem with the moon that wasn't a targetable nav. But, the other day I went back to try to pick up a bunch of combat jobs, there were only a handful available and two of them sent me to navs that were populated with higher level mobs than the job mob so I had to forfeit them. If we had another station with lvl 75 jobs, that would solve the problem.

Ideally, the lvl of job should determine the number of jumps you have to make, so lvl 50 1-2 jumps, lvl 75 2-3 jumps, lvl 105 4-5 jumps and lvl 135 5-6 jumps. Benefits like wefts and shortcuts though BBW should only really effect the higher level jobs, as players will have had time to earn thier factions by this point (If they choose to) or have found a JE friend or 2.

I'm pretty fond of the idea of having some trade jobs requiring multiple statiosn to dock at (like 2 or 3) but having a greater XP reward, since they would take longer to do. That way player can choose to do lots of quick jobs, or a few long ones. I also like the idea of of having the higher lvl missions further out from the core systems.

Ideally I'd love to see all job terminals in the game with some jobs present and with some nice variation in routes as well, just got to get around to it! :-)

I would agree to a degree as well. In Live however, some trade jobs were round trip, vs one way trade jobs, of the same level. The Round trip trade jobs gave larger XP benefits than the others.

Perhaps we could have the lowest jobs at L30, since that's the first hull upgrade after you finish in your newb sector and give each station 3 levels of jobs. So perhaps we could do something like this for the existing stations. For the new stations, or for Antares 1 should it be completed, jobs apropriate to the station.

To further elaborate on Seeker's idea, how about something like this:

Jenquai Stations:

Jove's Fury:

Level 30, 50, and 100. Sponsored primarily by Sha'ha'dem, Sharim, and Shinwa. to a lesser extent factions friendly to Jenquai particularily JE.

Ishuan station:

Level 50 & 75 Primarily by Sharim & GETCo. Some by JE/JW, Hyperia some but fewer by RD (due to Tzu liking Ariad in Live, when he was at F7)

Paren Station:

30, 75, & 135 Mostly Sha'ha'dem. Others friendly to Sha'ha'dem faction. Rare Free Spacer job. (in live there was an early JE mission that got free spacer faction)

Dahin Planet:

L50, L75 Sponsored by Sha'ha'dem & GETCo, some by factions friendly to either Sha'ha'dem or GETCo.

Prasad Station:

100, 135, & 150 Mostly Shinwa, some Kokura, some JW allies. Occasional RD as a poke in the eye

Yasuragi:

30 & 75. Shinwa & Kokura. Occasional ally of said factions

Terran Stations:

Earth Station:

30, 50, & 100 Primarily by EarthCorps, InfinitiCorp, and Hyperia. Some GETCo, but less than Sharim or Hyperia stations. Factions Terran or TT friendly to lesser extent.

Margesi:

L50 & 75 Mostly Hyperia & GETCo. Some Sharim, and Hyperia-friendly factions.

Adriel-Orsini Mining Station: (Adriel Prime)

L50 & 100. Hyperia, and friendly factions.

Somerled Station:

30, 75, and 135 Mostly InfinitiCorp. Factions friendly to IC.

Kinshasa-Mbali:

75 & 100. InfinitiCorp, Alliance (Nostradamus Smythe, not the Terrans in Moto), occasional Psionic. Factions friendly to Alliance

Inverness Down:

L30 & L50. InfinitiCorp. Some by factions friendly with IC

Orsini Mining Platform: (I'm not sure if this is IC owned or not, if not adjust accordingly)

L75, 135, InfinitiCorp, Glenn Commission. Some Hyperia & EarthCorps

Jagerstadt City:

L30 & 75 EarthCorps, some Hyperia, factions friendly.

EarthCorps High Command:

50, 75, & 100 EarthCorps, some InfinitiCorp, factions friendly. Rare Bogeril (Good idea Seeker)

Progen Stations:

Arx Magister:

30, 50, 100 Centuriata, Collegia, and Sabine represented roughly equally. Friends of Progen, occasional Renegade.

Arx Ymir:

L50, L75 Collegia. Some Centuriata, No Sabine.

*Fixed, had ownership of station incorrect.

Arx Spartoi:

L30, 75, 135, Sabine and factions friendly. Very few Collegia

Provenior Mons:

50 & 75 Sabine, Centuriata. Few Collegia.

Altair III: (can't think of station's name)

50 & 75 Collegia and Centuriata, NO Sabine. Friendly to Collegia

Norstrand Vor:

L30 and L100 Collegia, some Centuriata. No Sabine.

Primus Planet:

L50 & 100, Centuriata, some Sabine. Later V'rix if they still take it over.

Tarsis:

L30, 75, & 135 Centuriata. Some Collegia and Sabine, but more Collegia.

Other Stations:

Friendship 7.

L50, 75, 135 Glenn Commission, followed by other playable factions, non playable factions least.

Venera Highport:

L50, 75, 100: All factions represented

Aragoth Station:

L75, 100, 150: All Factions represented

Charon Cloister Lobby:

50, 75, 100, Anseria, Bogeril, RD, other non-playable factions.

Charon Cloister Lounge:

50, 100, 135 Anseria, Bogeril, Chavez, other non-playable factions

Paramis Station:

100, 135, 150, All Pirate Factions.

Mercury Station:

L75, 100 Glenn Commission, playable factions to a lesser degree.

StarClipper Station:

L50 & 75 Mostly Net-7, mix of everyone else

Net-7 SOL:

L50, 100, 135 Mostly Net-7, mix of other factions.

Trader's Fort:

L50, 75, & 100 Free Spacer, others at random.

Levels in some cases need to be adjusted, but in general it might be a good idea to offer 2 or 3 levels of jobs at all stations with job terminals, to spread out the jobbing. Might be good to distribute factions across the galaxy as well, but most stations should tend to favor certain factions. Other factions could appear as a poke in the eye type of thing, like RD at some Shinwa stations, Renegade Progen at some Progen stations, and in some cases show up because behind the scenes those two factions are friendlier than they are publicly.

Edited by Terrell

I'm liking the idea, Terrell. One thing, though; Arx Ymir is owned by the Collegia.

Also, jobs should no longer be sending players to unreachable sectors; if this is still happening please make a bug report with the job terminal location and the sector in question.

• Upvote 1

I'm liking the idea, Terrell. One thing, though; Arx Ymir is owned by the Collegia.

Also, jobs should no longer be sending players to unreachable sectors; if this is still happening please make a bug report with the job terminal location and the sector in question.

Fixed, didn't realize that station was PT owned. I also agree on unreachable sectors w/r/t jobs. No point to having a mission that cannot be completed.

There are L135 jobs from F7 that ask people to go Menorb(sp?), and L150 jobs from Prasad Station that send people to DT(the bogeril place).

There are L135 jobs from F7 that ask people to go Menorb(sp?), and L150 jobs from Prasad Station that send people to DT(the bogeril place).

Eventually the devs will be able to re-open Menorb. For now the jobs shouldn't go there.