Error after hitting play on launcher.

my launcher points here C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe.  Did you change the install path when installing or allow it to install default path?  Despite all the jargon in the pop up it says cannot find specified file that's why I think the path is wrong

Check your client line on the launcher it doesn't look correct. unless you changed the default install path,   mine is c:\program (x86) \ EA Games\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe.

• 2 weeks later...

Windows has changed of few it its security settings. There are a few posts about what you need to do to allow windows firewall to not block the game. Do a search and make sure you are running compat mode for the appropriate exes (all of this is covered in other posts).

• 5 months later...
On 10/31/2021 at 4:53 PM, Woodstock DGM said:

Check your client line on the launcher it doesn't look correct. unless you changed the default install path,   mine is c:\program (x86) \ EA Games\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe.

Sorry been dealing with a loss in the family. I have just checked files and that folder is empty on my system. I'm thinking either the latest Dell or Windows update messed things up. What's the best way of just doing a full re-install of the game?

it also might have been your anti-virus program,  it happened to me before I got a warning just as I clicked on net-7 and again when EnB started,  then nothing,, went and looked both directories were gone. 

to reinstall Pause Antivirus  don't forget when finished  to un pause and clear EnB to to ignored by anti-virus

start when reinstalling EnB first once EnB has been installed, then install the Net-7 launcher , once the net-7 install has completed, go in tot he the directories for both EnB and Net-7 and click on the executable files and select run as administrator and compatibility mode

Once that's completed  run the Net-7 launcher  and let it run  through the updates,  this may take awhile.  when updates are finished the launcher should be V2.2.0

On 4/11/2022 at 3:39 PM, Woodstock DGM said:

it also might have been your anti-virus program,  it happened to me before I got a warning just as I clicked on net-7 and again when EnB started,  then nothing,, went and looked both directories were gone. 

to reinstall Pause Antivirus  don't forget when finished  to un pause and clear EnB to to ignored by anti-virus

start when reinstalling EnB first once EnB has been installed, then install the Net-7 launcher , once the net-7 install has completed, go in tot he the directories for both EnB and Net-7 and click on the executable files and select run as administrator and compatibility mode

Once that's completed  run the Net-7 launcher  and let it run  through the updates,  this may take awhile.  when updates are finished the launcher should be V2.2.0

Thanks. I'm up and running now. I just gotta figure out how to move the window. I cracked the screen on my laptop somehow. >.<

Welcome back .  Hover over the game Tab on the taskbar,  when the mini window pops up Right click and select move  a 4 pointed arrow will popup on the title bar of the game  left click hold and move window to where you want it