Jenquai Seeker

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be very much in the best interests of those who play seekers to finally be able to access the npcs needed for a great many of the activatable/building skills...

Nebiros is a needed sector, as is the ishuan gas giant planetary sector. Who ever is working on that part of the seeker regimen, Can you please elaborate on when the seeker areas will be at least presentable for opening to seekers?

Nebiros is a needed sector...

When? I see nothing pointing to that Sector.

... as is the ishuan gas giant planetary sector.

Null issues, similar to Ishuan Station. Locked for a black-hole issue currently.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Side note, the mission isn't working for the Build Reactors. Since the new system for missions is underdevelopment, I am adding a temporary mission in till the new one is in place. As for Foldspace, I'll have to ask Kenu if he is ready.

- Marco

I'm curious now...

Do you remember the name of the mission, or what skill it was for?

- Marco

IIRC Build Reactor says see unknown @ unknown in Nebiros. FS says unknown @ unknown in Ganymede, all other JT skills are avialable.

Most of the build skills were at ishuaun gas giant area... I'm not sure about the unknown part, but the reactor skill's definately from Nebiros.

Another issue, should give seeker hull patch, cause it just makes sense to have a hull rebuild skill on the Jenq side. My seeker died a few times and it would've been nice if we could rebuild the ships hulls.

I realize not everyome will be happy with the idea... but I'm not happy with the situation either.

I guess I'll have to tolerate things for now I guess.

I think that the JT's skill set is pretty much full, so I doubt that she will get any more skills, other than her Sharim affiliation skill. (I could be wrong) My JT has all her skills except Fold Space, and Build Reactors, because as far as I know they're not available.

Sadly, my seeker is kinda bare as far as skills, because they closed ishuaun gas giant sector before I created her, hence, only build devices is available for me to get her... I think they should've thought first about the skill list before closing that sector.

1. Are any needed skills based in that sector that we'd like close, and if so, is there ways to shift those missions temporarily to other npcs?

Maybe they did ask that question but had to close the sector before the work arounds were ready. My thinking was that they could use the build reactors npc for the jenquai if that is in an accessible locale [dahin or Paren?]. And they could shift the build weapons over to the npc that does it for the JDs [yasuragi area?].

NPCs could maybe say: "Oh, hello. I guess you heard that I am doing favors for my Sharim counterpart and needed my guidance reguarding <skill>...."

Something like that could perhaps be looked at for dispensing the foldspace skill.

Sidenote:

I wish seekers were a little less aggroable, yesterday I was grouped with a jd and half the time, the mobs would always take shot at me even tho the jds sig was larger then my seekers. think I need to push my seeker toward combat cloak, seems to be the only way to do it really...

Sadly, my seeker is kinda bare as far as skills, because they closed ishuaun gas giant sector before I created her, hence, only build devices is available for me to get her... I think they should've thought first about the skill list before closing that sector.

1. Are any needed skills based in that sector that we'd like close, and if so, is there ways to shift those missions temporarily to other npcs?

Maybe they did ask that question but had to close the sector before the work arounds were ready. My thinking was that they could use the build reactors npc for the jenquai if that is in an accessible locale [dahin or Paren?]. And they could shift the build weapons over to the npc that does it for the JDs [yasuragi area?].

NPCs could maybe say: "Oh, hello. I guess you heard that I am doing favors for my Sharim counterpart and needed my guidance reguarding <skill>...."

Something like that could perhaps be looked at for dispensing the foldspace skill.

Sidenote:

I wish seekers were a little less aggroable, yesterday I was grouped with a jd and half the time, the mobs would always take shot at me even tho the jds sig was larger then my seekers. think I need to push my seeker toward combat cloak, seems to be the only way to do it really...

Right now you should only be missing build reactor and fold space. All other skills are available from Ishuan station.

As far as aggro goes, you're most likely healing, which causes aggro. Your JD is most likely using combat cloak, which causes the mob to target you for the duration that the JD is cloaked. After coming out of cloak, the JD needs to punch out a bunch of damage before it switches back to him. You wanna be super safe with aggro, bring a JE that uses shield leech. They'll pull aggro off both you and the JD. =P

I think that the JT's skill set is pretty much full, so I doubt that she will get any more skills, other than her Sharim affiliation skill. (I could be wrong) My JT has all her skills except Fold Space, and Build Reactors, because as far as I know they're not available.

Yup. We are going to be a structured content push this time around. So no longer do we have the weekly ones. I believe there is one this weekend, but I'm not quite sure. I've been a bit busy and missed the meeting last night. ^_^

- Marco

Yup. We are going to be a structured content push this time around. So no longer do we have the weekly ones. I believe there is one this weekend, but I'm not quite sure. I've been a bit busy and missed the meeting last night. :P

- Marco

That would be cool if it was this weekend, seems like we have been waiting for quite some time to get our reactor build and FS skills :)

That would be cool if it was this weekend, seems like we have been waiting for quite some time to get our reactor build and FS skills :)

As I posted in my thread on the Build Reactor mission. I made it a temp mission since the actual mission isn't working 100% of the time. So it is turning into a "Go here and talk to so and so, and there you go." Till the new mission system is implemented.

This way I don't drive good old AF_VET crazy with all those player tickets about why their mission isn't advancing. :P

- Marco

Yup. We are going to be a structured content push this time around. So no longer do we have the weekly ones. I believe there is one this weekend, but I'm not quite sure. I've been a bit busy and missed the meeting last night. :)

- Marco

Thank you Marco.

Excellent.. seeker just got her L30 HU.. now will be off to ishuan station. Later.

Edit:

Hmm, Are you sure its ishuaun station for some of the build skills? Because no one has anything to give my seeker as far as missions/skills, just references to ketsugo outpost by one of the npcs in the lounge. And she is L30 now... dont think that should affect build skill aquiring should it?

Excellent.. seeker just got her L30 HU.. now will be off to ishuan station. Later.

Edit:

Hmm, Are you sure its ishuaun station for some of the build skills? Because no one has anything to give my seeker as far as missions/skills, just references to ketsugo outpost by one of the npcs in the lounge. And she is L30 now... dont think that should affect build skill aquiring should it?

you have to go through the talk tree correctly - keep trying different reply options

Will try that.. I really hope they fix the null that ishuan currently has right now as far as logging out there and coming back..

Edit:

Got the comps and engines build skills, what about weapons/devices?

you should be able to get them also

Hmm, might've messed up on the talk tree progression, cause the one npc only had comps/engines. At any rate, unsure if I can try that guy again

Yeah, you get both comps and engines, for finishing his mission, once you talk him into giving you said mission. You'll need the help of a miner for the comps part of the mission. (supply specific ores) Then the comp will be used to build an engine.

Heh, actually, I used my other acct and the privateer to break the comp down to give my seeker the refined stuff..

And I did get the weapons build skill as well. :D

That works too, I gave my mule char his JE training, and simply refined the ores and gave them to my JT. Since Mule char, is on 2nd account, and ores needed were in Io, made it easy. (Main's a JE, but have a second JE on 2nd account so other chars on first account can get their own whs.)

Heh, ditto, just started a new je yesterday for that purpose.. Anyways...

I've still noticed that alot of people gravitate toward the terran trader even tho the seeker has a few advantages to the tt. Cloaking being the main advantage [please note that anywhere below el 25, your group leader has to be aware of the need for them to remain stopped while your cloaking starts up]. As for the reasoning behind why the tt still seems big is because of that players experience in knowing the class.

Is it because of ability to build shields that the trader is still really popular?

I'm not sure, but can TTs build reactors? If so, why? I'm not sure the tt needs that skill anymore because the only reason they had the skill in Live was because there was no such skill for progens at the time. Now that the privateer has that skill, can we ask the purpose of keeping the build reactor skill on the TT?

Culturally, the strength of the Jenquai is reactors. Only reason the progen build their own reactors is because they dont trust the Jenquai [in storyline]. The strength of the progens are shields, understandably the terrans build shields due to this being the Jenquai weakness. So why do the Seekers get build engines when all three terran classes have this ability because it is their strength?

Is hull repair also a terran strength? According to the storyline and npc placement, we find Getco involved in Both Sharim and Hyperia. I find it curious that Getco should be able to give the scouts hull patch and not allow something similar for the Sharim. Perhaps this could a small plotline in the game, where JEs are asked to obtain information on hull repair for the Sharim division of Getco from Adriel Prime or Margesi Station in order for the Sharim and Getco divisional partners to cobble together their own version of hull repair.

I realize that the skill tree for the seeker is nearly full, but I believe that the above paragraph would be a good way for players to be included in the development of this game. We could use missions like this where we could assist in the storyline side of skill creation.

Thoughts on this? I know its been brought up before, but I wanted to spin it a bit differently and am now asking for thoughts on this.

The Terran Tradesman is the best at the Tradesman role. They can both Recharge shields, and patch hulls. They are also more capable in solo combat than the Jenquai Seeker due to having Missiles as their primary weapon, more speed, and better shields. Their limiting factor is their reactor.

The Progen Privateer can't patch hulls, but more than makes up for it with firepower comparable to the TW.

No, the TT cannot build reactors, nor can any other Terran due to racial weakness.

The Progen Privateer also get build reactors, because it's neither a race strength, nor a race weakness, in addition to a need for it. JT gets engines because the Jenquai aren't weak in engines, they're probably closer to the Terrans than the Progen on that one. While none of the Jenquai get L9 engines, (since the JT was switched to Engine 8) our engines are comparable to the Terrans in quality, and in some cases a Terran might rather use a Jenquai engine than one of their own. Combat using the Mercurius/Halley/Trifid line comes to mind, since the reduce sig buff on those engines actually benefits Terrans more than Jenquai. (The sig reduction is a percentage of the ships base sig, and X% of 2.5 is a larger nimber than X% of 0.5, so on Terrans it works out such that a Mercurius, Halley, or Trifid engine will get a Terran below their base racial sig, while that won't be the case with a Jenquai).

Hull Patch may well be a Terran strength, or a race skill that leaves out the TW. Some have also said that it was supposed to only be on the Scout, but since they weren't in Live, they had to put it on the TT, so someone could do it. I personally would not be against the JT having hull patch, if the PT gets it too but I suspect that the JT might have to lose a skill for that to happen.

Edited by Terrell