high road to ol150 *possible rant warning*

Well i have a few toons at ol150, je, pw and jd, today as i was doing the trade jobs for pp to level him as fast as possible, i realised something, i don't play the ol150 toons except when needed, for instance pw and jd for kill assists and farmin, and of course je for taxi service while levelling the other toons.

So i logged on ps and figured i will try mining on him, ran into a field in abg guarded by lvl 12s but it was just lvl 2 - 4 ores there, my first thought was devs nerfed the game again (yes thats a bit of overkill to have those guards there but thats for another topic), funny enough i had him go mining with the snowball launcher equipped and the pp has it equipped as well, and my second thought was get jd over here. then it occurred to me i don't know how to play this game, if my toon was balanced he could handle this but i didn't have the proper gear and have no idea what to do but just to do jobs till i hit ol150 and then i am stuck, oh yes i love agrippa thats why i am levelling the pp and still i am missing the point of it (whatever that is but its still fun). Wouldn't it be great to just spend a month working on a toon without too much assist from the other ones (yes i know player base is a bit low), i don't know where the missions are because i am constantly stuck on the job term. Only time i take interest in a quest/mission is when a guildie or someone else mentions it, i mean with 3 ol150 toons i should know a thing or two but i don't because of the high road to ol150, i am killing the game for myself. Stanig has some interesting items for his theme park but i only tried them once then gave up and went back to the job term.

Then i hear all the chatter about lack of content while at the sametime folks like me don't take time to find the content, one of the devs/gms once mentioned that there are over a 100 quests/missions for jenquais, and 900 or so for all the races/classes combined but i know not more than 10 of them because of the high road.

Are we the players taking the fun out of the game by focusing on the high road? For someone like me with all jenquai and progen classes and only aware of less than 10 missions/quest i am just making the game boring for myself. *end rant*

• Upvote 2

A good read FireRibs.  I always wonder about those folks, running to 150 in 1 month.  Yes!!!, they ARE missing all the fun.  I enjoy bringing out my OL 84 toons, finding a small or full group and going out to challenge our combat levels (usually 5-10 CLs above us).  You also mentioned missions.

I do love the cryptic clues of some of the missions, in EnB.  I was a legend of Zelda fan and all the secrets were cryptic, but I finished the game after a few months and many tries.  Felt great!  With ENB missions, I get that same feeling.  Decrypting the coded mission log, flying back and forth across the universe, unlocking a hidden vendor and/or receiving Uber gear for my class only.  SHHWEEEEET.

I've played with those "gotta make it to 150" in a week dudes. They made 150 in 2 weeks and none of them play anymore; or they pop on once in awhile now. This will be the third time my main toons have made it to 150, and they all still did their L30 HU bonus.

A good post Fire...something I've been saying to myself, for awhile now.

• Upvote 1

enjoying the game even more now, i am currently going from station to station speaking to all the npcs and i have found a few missions which i didn't even know existed. and i have been blown up to bits quiet a few times yet still great fun :)

imagine my surprise when i gained a level and was not even aware that i have accumulated that much xp, i am gonna go look for some groups to join and go terrorise some locals :)

I personally want to do the missions but I find that there isn't a DB for them.  I am not saying that there should be I am saying I am the type of player that likes one so I tend to avoid missions and stick with the random grind and terminals.  If there was a DB I would probably do them.

if there was a list, doesn't that just make it a check off sheet? I would think finding them would be half the fun, but that's just me.

I think a mission list should be a community project. The net-7 wiki would probably be a good tool for this.

I would love a list. Player compiled, of course.

Especially the Agrippa stuff. I've basically avoided playing my progen toons since the whole Agrippa thing started, because I have no idea where to start any of it, and I've been told at various times that there's whole portions of it (or even all of it completely) that you can miss out on if you don't start it at the right level, or lose a token or something. I enjoy long and involved missions, but it seems like a lot of this kind of thing is deliberately obtuse.

Obtuse is not the word for it...Insanity comes to mind.  For example in speaking to Telum at Norstrand Vor my PW (Warrior!!! B not Explorer) for the entire level 1 section fought level 0 - 1 mobs.  The remainder of that section I parked my PW in NV and begged parts from players who have done the missions.  I had my PS collect the many ores that a PW doing a PW mission could NEVER get on his own. Again... Warrior mission B, I could go with the premise if there was more building but collecting ores is just mostly silly.  

Now for stage two I found that I need max build even though the npc across from Telum tells me I need build 7 but need build 8 to start the ,mission..  Hello B...lvl 8 and 9 go together not 7 and 8. So after spending the last week or so gaining trade level 45 (to max build weapon skill), I find I am out 2 mil credits analyzing a beam weapon...A BEAM!!! ????? If I waited another month to get my newly aquired build 9 skill up it may have only cost me 1 mil credits.

This is as far as I got as I ran out of credits.

In answer to your question (and additional info) as long as you do not do your 135 HU you should be golden.  I waited to do the level 100 HU as well but I don't think that was necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI, I do have a list of missions.

When I ran EBIIA, I compiled a lot of data.

With that said we are looking at implementing the old site with a sub-domain here.

Considering the old site in near 10 years old it greatly needs a refresh.

However I do have part of the old site up and running that I was doing for testing.

You will find a lot of information here:

KEEP IN MIND THIS SITE IS NOT FULLY OPERATIONAL :)

It's just there for a reference.

http://ebiia.net/Gamequests.shtml

Here's also a newbie guide.

http://ebiia.net/Newbie.shtml