Ammo does not drop

A user asked me to build for him a Claimjumper lv4 Missile Launcher and also provided him some ammos.  I gave him my last ammo sample then checked the database, and lo and behold, the ammo does not drop.

I think the same problem happens with the Claimjumper lv7, (and undoubtedly other mission-only or boss-dropped MLs, PLs) as well.  While I understand that the launcher itself comes from missions (or from bosses), I would think that the ammos ought to be able to drop from lesser mobs of the same type, otherwise it is pointless to make the launcher manufacturable (cuz no-one need to make a launcher if he/she cannot get hold of the ammos).

The ammo for the lvl 7 Claimjumper ML has always dropped from one mob, and is set to drop as I have checked.

As for the lvl 4 ML, I will see if Stanig knows anything about this.

We can discuss maybe placing these ammo samples on other mobs, but it will have to wait until sunday.

Yes, the ammo for the Claimjumper 7 and the launcher are dropped from the same boss mob.  However, it is hard to catch the boss himself due to multiple teams waiting for him to spawn.  It would help if the ammo is a rare drop from the other mobs of the same type in the area.

Thanks for looking into the matter.

I dont think it would set a good precedent to start dropping items unique to a mob off of others.  I dont generally prescribe to the "put it more X because camped Y" thing, its intentionally rare/set up like that. 

However, whats this level 4 claimjumper whatsit?

Oh right right, sorta like the bb gun for PL users.  I think its two different mission sets depending on race/class.  Ive never seen it cause ive only played it on my progen so far (neptune).  I wrote that half of the content, Darkk the other so I had no clue there was a ML too.

The Level 4 claim-jumper is a mission reward (and can be printed).  The mission boss that has to be killed drops some ammo, and each player that completes the mission gets a couple of each ammo type (chem and explosive).  If a player fails the print just have another toon do the mission (its very low level and offers good xp).  Seems balanced to me.

Edited by Crichton