"Zack" Clarification

Good Day everyone!

Today i want to bring some clarification to something a get asked often.

First:
Whenever you see a toon ingame with the "Zack" part in the name but not having a [DEV] tag, it is not me. For instance, we have a player called "ZackPW" - this is not me. I have a DEV-PW toon, but it's named "ZackmanPW[DEV]".

Second:
No staff member is aligned with any other guild than the "EnB Staff" guild. I get asked sometimes "aren't you in XXX"?
(Because of the "other" ZackPW some think is me)

Note that every staff member toon is automatically joined into the staff guild and not allowed to have any privileged toon in any other guild. Private play-toons of staff members (no tag) can join any play guild - like any other regular player.

Hope this clears up some questions.

Fly save!

I actually asked him in TS the other day what it was like, he said he gets it a lot actually.  (the non-staff zack)

But yeah, if the toon doesnt have a tag, its not a staff member (however we CAN turn our tags off).  But if the toon isnt tagged, generally its not someone that can help you or whatnot.  Id say this should also extend to any "known" play toons of staff members.  Sort of like an Off-Duty cab or something.

I'd like to add to this given the weird nature of the Net-7 Reporter team. I, the player am not a full member of the EnB Staff, even though it may look like it. I am just a Reporter on the team, just as is Ryle. Our editor, Shaddex however is a full member of the EnB Staff with all that that entails.
Us Reporters are kept in removed cages away from the super-secret stuff and not permitted to attend meetings. As such, we Reporters have to take what cheese we're fed from Developers, GMs, and yes even players as we are listening to you as well. So, even though I'm flying my personal toons through the galaxy, I can't be much of help except for my own player attainments and accomplishments. If you ask me (nicely) I can dig up a past report and re-post it as a clue to Content, but unless I've done that mission line myself, then that's your lot for /tell -ing me.

StaffLite and from NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat

PS 150, Builders Inc, Pakkrat Industries, Doctor of Call Forward, Graduate of Agrippa Tech
PP 89, unGuilded
TT 41, unGuilded

P.S. "Don't say the A-word with in earshot of the Pakkrat." Edited by Pakkrat

• 2 weeks later...

I have to tell you something...I truely admire the policy of no (ADM) or (Dev) belonging to a guild, and can respect them having "private" toons that can guild but (Dev) powers are divorced from them. After this game sunset'd many players went to EVE, anyone that was playing after this sunset'd on that MMO may remember the HUGE scandal that broke out when:

A. It was discovered that Devs had toons that had no distinguishing characterists like tags (Dev).

B. Those toons were in several of the leading  player corp. (their guilds). Especially the PvP corps.

C. Despite claims to the contrary by CCP (the EVE parent company), Devs had been feeding those corps superior tech items, recipes, and inside game dynamic information.

When some irrefutable proof was presented that CCP had been lying and covering up these facts, their response to that, did more damage to their stock and paying public account dropping than the  original scandal, they first tried to suppress all forum references to it and deleted all threads, but once outside tech reporters started pulling archives and reposting proof, it was a done deal, they couldn't bury it any longer and admited it in a lame, self serving, press release that was replete with questionable propaganda, that in  itself, became a source of MORE controversy :) (namely the excuse that they wanted Devs playing anonamously so the could monitor the "player experience" and didn't feel it neccesary to inform the public of this little tidbit, which in its self isn't earth shattering IF they had removed the tool access from those toons)

They then did what they called  a house cleaning and removed some tool access to some of those Devs, rewrote the employee standards and practices, added in some monitoring tools to detect violations and said all was good, nobody need worry anymore...so sorry..trust us. And then..months later, SUPRISE!!!, they (the devs) got caught at it again...and CCP went into damage control saying they caught the perps and were "handling" it internally, and then said they couldn't discuss who it was or who got dismissed because of legal reasons. All good, except one niggling problem, it wasn't them that caught them, nor their "detection tool", it was good ol fashioned human jealosy that narced one employee off on another.

So yes, with all this other MMO history here, keep up the good work! (and DON"T do like those tards did at CCP) be open and above board and you can't go to far wrong, nothing sanitizes like the true power of sunlight.