Can buil skills be fixed?

jrichards

How come warriors don't have to analyze a level 2 weapon before they can complete the build weapons skill?  Why don't all Jen builders have to learn level 2 build skill before they can complete their build missions?  Why do progen, and Terrans have to learn level 2 build skills before they can complete their build skill missions?

For the love of god can't these damn build skills be setup like Live?  No game gives you a skill mission, to learn the skill, and then require you to up the skill before you can complete the mission.  That's just wasting players time and REQUIRING them to go get their build skills Called Forward....or have serious skill allocation problems later in the game. NOTE: Giving Terrans the entire type x shield line is just an awful reward for having to complete the build shield missions.  I mean if yer gonna give this to TT's can you give the entire line of x-bows to PT's, and the entire line of Ocelot's to the JT's?

And here is the even better kicker.....why not simply allow these missions to be cancelled?  Sure, if I up my skill to level 2 I can then finish the mission and get additional xp.  But if I am not planning on ever leveling this skill, or at least not until I have additional skill points (100 skill points later?), why are these lowbie skill missions stuck in my mission inventory and taking up 3+ of my mission slots?

ARGGGGG!!!!!

And don't tell me I should go visit a PS.  For a basic skill mission it should not require I spend the time and credits to get another player to fix a design problem that should not exist.  If you think this is a quality design decision then why not put the same requirements in for every damn build skill for ever damn class?

Edited by Crichton
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm on board with this, there is no reason I should have to upgrade my skills to level 2 to analyze a shield for an INITIAL skill mission. Sure, make some missions where we can analyze things of higher level for experience and faction, but don't require it to gain the initial skill (which we can't even abandon the missions anymore if we change our mind, thus REQUIRING us to spend money on a CF  device)

I agree. I think all build skill missions should require you to analyze and build a level 1 vendor item only. The rest should be moved to a volontary follow-up mission/missions to gain a few basic bonus prints for the build skill in question. Similar follow-up missions should be available for at least one build skill for each class.

I agree. I think all build skill missions should require you to analyze and build a level 1 vendor item only. The rest should be moved to a volontary follow-up mission/missions to gain a few basic bonus prints for the build skill in question. Similar follow-up missions should be available for at least one build skill for each class.

That's a very good idea.  The TT gets the model X line for learning build shields, seeing the JT get a line of reactors (L2-L4 Gallina would be a good choice), or a PT getting a line of weapons,  would be pretty nice.  For the other 6 classes, people should post their ideas.

I actually think that no class should receive any line of items for simply learning a base skill.  Defeats the purpose of having to find the mobs that drop those items and learn the prints.....or at least work with other players to get those items made.  I would have zero issue if they want to provide a basic line of items, that can be obtained via a vendor, but providing the best line of shields for terrans is unbalanced imo.

Edited by Crichton

There was a reason on Aggripa about L2...

When asked why not L1, NPC says "because we dont have L1 on this station" 

I think that is what was on their mind when giving L2 items... However, at least make mission forfeitable :)

• 2 weeks later...

How come warriors don't have to analyze a level 2 weapon before they can complete the build weapons skill?  Why don't all Jen builders have to learn level 2 build skill before they can complete their build missions?  Why do progen, and Terrans have to learn level 2 build skills before they can complete their build skill missions?

For the love of god can't these damn build skills be setup like Live?  No game gives you a skill mission, to learn the skill, and then require you to up the skill before you can complete the mission.  That's just wasting players time and REQUIRING them to go get their build skills Called Forward....or have serious skill allocation problems later in the game. NOTE: Giving Terrans the entire type x shield line is just an awful reward for having to complete the build shield missions.  I mean if yer gonna give this to TT's can you give the entire line of x-bows to PT's, and the entire line of Ocelot's to the JT's?

EnB is nowhere near live as it stands. I fell in love with the original not this game and is why I simply gave up and quit. I have been around since before the encryption was cracked and even had input into things that are now live. I never wanted self satisfaction for my ideas but an overall improvement... Not a different game as it has become. There were many improvements to be made on live but the total remaking of a game as this project did is no longer my first MMO love.

If you wish you can take this comment as evil, but as I see it myself the warping of a great game that had improvements to be made taken to the extreme as far worse.

This game is no longer the ENB universe as I can see, I love the improvements that include new sectors but not the game it has become.