Web Portal: Suggestions

SiSL

UPDATED: 12.05.2013 (05/12/2013)

I think it would be better if we collect web portal suggestions on a single topic for Shaddex to follow..

While Net-7 is a great portal, there are few suggestions for it. I'll categorise it as Database, Avatar, Account, Portal in general.

Database

Player Contribution

It would be lovely if we can actually contribute to database as players, different from given info. "Players" to add notes to items (such as drop locations or any other info in a thread fashion followed by senders forum ID. It would be just player info, nobody asking development team to reveal any info but players to share. (I think Shaddex suggested this himself on a thread as far as I remember)

Wiki up and running (www.net-7.org/wiki

Solid Links 

Option for solid links to items etc. For instance, having direct link URL to item (to post somewhere else), direct links to one toon's builds... Single page Ajax fills memory and easily lost with just pressing back button (your entire search, etc.) , in other words, ability to open in new tab/window. Did I say "Open in new window" menu for almost every item, builders, cookbook etc.? :) That'd be really easy for people started to forget what to do next to keep in tabs open. 

Compare items 

Since all items in same category has same stat names, ability to compare two or more items side by side (adding same type of items from different searches within a compare basket), similiar to online sales sites.

( Working Progress.  Coming Soon(tm) )

Search item list addition

Fixes Needed:

• When you click on toon names with IE10, despite all HTML5 support, something is wrong with javascript. Does not display anything (main screen disappears but no character screen comes). Same goes for IE9/IE8 - Fixed with next push.

Ingame-mail "Read/Received" Notifications (Suggestion)

If Items mailed between own characters, no need for "read / received" notification would be nice... 

Sending different number of items from a stack (Vault transfer & Mail) (Suggestion)

If you can transfer limited number of items from a stack of items on either mailing or vault transfer it would be really appriciated. May be pop-up window asking number with default value of total number and max number if it has more than 1 item in stack as we drag it to transfer banks.

Stacking same items on transfer if there are same stat items (Suggestion)

While transfering items from toons to toons, it would be lovely if there are same stat stackable items to stack together rather than taking another slot in vault (like components / ammo built by same person) following stacking rules and numbers.

Side notes to your own map 

- Pin a point or coordinates on your own map and take side notes like small post-its on selected for your own map (ofcourse on portal, not in game)  -- Willboney

Inventory Export

- NEW: On the Inventory CSV export can we please have a stack quantity column.. Cheers. -- dgvol 
  - Available on Next Push

NEW: Build List Export

- NEW: CSV Export for All build list (category by category) 
   - Available on Next Push

NEW: Mailing Enchancements 

- NEW: It would be really nice if there is a pull down menu of our own character names to fill "receiver name" on change...  (Currently we need to search our character names every time from all others, selecting between similiar names, instead, an optional pull down menu similiar to vault selection, that automatically fills correct ID and name into the receipient section, would be really useful if you are someone emailing stuff between your characters.

- NEW: After each mailing ajax with math.random to refresh "inventory" would be nice also... 

NEW: Guild members Last Seen to be sortable

NEW: Guilds - My Guilds - Guild Members that the Last Seen field be sortable  https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/8510-web-portal-suggestions/page-4#entry77070

Account

Game account login change

It would be also nice to be able to change login usernames of our accounts (ofcourse if available) just gamelogin name change. I should strictly underline for people who just read titles of suggestions, IT IS NOT TOON NAME CHANGE (which could break a lot of things)

- Create New Game account and move toons to it :D

Portal

Ingame accessible Portal

From intergalactic terminals currently we only see notification for open with another browser thing. Yes, it works in IE6 mode for XP, IE7 mode for rest, but it would work fine with not-much javascript or ajax bloated site. No need to redesign entire site, but a subdomain with simple login, item search, vault transfer or mail might be possible with in. 

Full screen Youtube Video Embedding 
Full screen option on posted Youtube videos might be nice, especially posting in-game bugs as videos, removes requirements for going to youtube for seeing it clear... 

Attachments in Bug Tracker.
We can post attachments to boards and threads but not in Bug Tracker where you often need it most. Screenshots, Text results etc. Currently we can add attachment but not able to display them in bug tracker.

Please add other suggestions about Net-7 or discuss under this topic,...

Edited by Shaddex

I like a lot of the ideas there :D   Some are nice and easy, others not so..

Player Contribution - We are trying to encourage "Fan Sites" to produce this kind of player driven content, and I believe 61Cygni are already doing this.

Solid Links - I will look in to this idea as it is something that we had looked at in the past,

Compare items - The DB Search gives you a Stats Column for comparisons, Can you please explain how you would expand this.

Ingame-mail - Can you not just use the Account Vault ?

Game account login change - You can just create a new game account, and move avatars over to it.

Ingame accessible Portal - We are very limited in what we can do with the ingame browser as it uses HTML "Stone Age".  Its on a list to do somewhere...

Player Contribution - We are trying to encourage "Fan Sites" to produce this kind of player driven content, and I believe 61Cygni are already doing this.

Ofcourse but no "Fan site" has complete and latest list of "items, components or anything that drops or not drops / mobs / sectors and nav points all together" (let alone spelling mistakes or search) to put notes or discuss about. That's why I suggested such addition to official item list that we search or look every day... Basically I think of it like seperate forum topics on each item, empty if nobody types in it. Only filled by players if they choose to.

Solid Links - I will look in to this idea as it is something that we had looked at in the past,
Would be lovely always  :) Direct link to one toons build list or item would be easy to bookmark/share for anybody. 

Compare items - The DB Search gives you a Stats Column for comparisons, Can you please explain how you would expand this.
For instance I have Level 8 shield and looking for Level 9 shield, I search my shield and put  a check on checkbox on one search (either session variable or cookie for 'shields' category), then I search for Level 9 shields, and put checkmarks to shields I liked , then I search for another (for instance Jenquai only L8 shields)  and pressing a "compare" button, I see all shields I picked and see and compare stats with each other. Similiar to compare two hardware on one of online store and see same stats side-by-side Recharge vs. Recharge vs. Recharge etc. as soon as I press compare on one of shields, I see picked shields and all session variables/cookies for shield category comprasion is removed (Similiar to multiquote method on boards too) which allows me to compare side by side what I will gain by changing my shield or what I will loose (effects, stats etc.) or picking between two or more shields, and comparing them side by side easier. 

Search item list addition - Cant see this being a problem.

Sounds great

Fixes Needed:  - I can not replicate any of the issues you listed.  Can you get me screen shots etc ?

IE10 screen when I press on one of my toon names on the left... Even menus on top stop working when you mouse over them after...

[attachment=2355:ie10.jpg]

Builder list bug (Obviously there are people who build that)

[attachment=2356:search.jpg]

To replicate, I think you need to do another search over either item stat or one listed builder (which opens new tab there then when you click on builders, it shows and cleans it) -- This happens on every browser btw. May be two same "id" tags might nullify the other if a builder tab already open... 

Ingame-mail - Can you not just use the Account Vault ?

I don't like to multibox and often can't.. That's usually what I use for sending money between my characters, while vault is ofcourse superb but does not cover money part :)

Game account login change - You can just create a new game account, and move avatars over to it.

Wish I could do that for 10th account while whole 9 accounts are full :)

Direct Link to GM Support Tickets - Added, and will be available at next push

Thanks in the name of community 

Ingame accessible Portal - We are very limited in what we can do with the ingame browser as it uses HTML "Stone Age".  Its on a list to do somewhere...

By Stone Age, it is IE6 on XP, IE7 on Vista/7/8, still can access a lot of things :)  Keeping hopes up (I often try to think them as mobile browsers, rather than get with ajax on client side javascript, I let a server-side script do all the client work to show it) 

Edited by SiSL

Player Contribution - We are trying to encourage "Fan Sites" to produce this kind of player driven content, and I believe 61Cygni are already doing this.

Ofcourse but no "Fan site" has complete and latest list of "items, components or anything that drops or not drops / mobs / sectors and nav points all together" (let alone spelling mistakes or search) to put notes or discuss about. That's why I suggested such addition to official item list that we search or look every day... Basically I think of it like seperate forum topics on each item, empty if nobody types in it. Only filled by players if they choose to.

There are problems with allowing players to add information to the "official" entries.  Incorrect information, too much information, etc.  Too much informaiton is probably my biggest pet peeve.  I understand the need some players have to reveal all.  But I for one do not want to be told everything there is.  I would like to discover things for myself.  The wrong kind of "spoiler" just spoils my fun and ruins the game for me.  If the spoilers are kept to fan sites, then I can choose whether or not I want to go to the fan site to get the information.  If the spoiler is added to the official information, then I get the information whether I want it or not.

How about when a game change is needed?  Who is going to update the player information which may now be incorrect?  It would be unfair to put this on Shaddex.

What it really sounds like is that you want some type of an official wiki, where they provide the basic information and then players can add to it.  I wouldn't mind seeing a wiki for the game, as they can be very useful.  But then someone has to oversee it (keep things orderly, delete spam, etc).  Just as long as the "spoilers" are labeled and kept hidden for those that do not want to see them.  Something like a link to a separate page for more information or maybe an open/close type of action.

Or, as an alternative, and I don't know if this is already done, but what if fan sites (or anyone) can get a copy of the basic data that can be used to create their own website with?  A change is made?  Just grab the latest data set.  Fan sites can then be made to expand upon the basic data however they want.

Just a thought...

There is no easy way to "Give" players a list of items from the game as this would include all the hidden drops etc.  SPOILERS !!

Just noticed this... http://61cygni.site88.net/dbview.htm

Already exists.

By basic data I was thinking of the data from the Net-7 site (Database) as being a baseline without any spoilers in it.  But now that I think of it, that could still be the full data set (including spoilers) but the site is set up to not reveal any of it.  If that's the case then yeah, you'd have to find some way to strip out the spoilers which will not be easy (with chances of stuff slipping through).

Regarding IE10 etc.  I can duplicate the issue and can not promise a Fix any time soon.

I would recommend you installing Chrome or Firefox for the time-being.

(oh yes, I am using all browser due to job requirements so does not matter to me) 

How about builder issue? It happens on Chrome and all other browsers. To replicate it, you just need to "view builders" on a second search while one builder tab is open for another item.

Fixed / Added a few things based on the first post.

Let me know if they are what you expected.

Indeed they were as expected, already using builder / owner through search and second builders list is now working as intended...  Thanks :)

As per following suggestion..

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/8540-when-is-the-last-time-anybody-see-ivory-ward-drop-at-all/?p=73900

Is it possible to have the last time the item dropped shown when hovering over the item's drop information text?

Added following to main post (Avatar section):

Fixes Needed:

• While it has said to be discussed internally, Kyp thinks TE's should be half-a-Terrans  ;) Avatar planner says TE has Navigate skill while they don't... 
    [attachment=2390:te.jpg]

Also Faction map matrix is missing or wrong at some point... "Killing your own kind increases RD faction" is said to be no longer true with Sharim, Shahadem etc. However, TE killing EarthCorps gives increase to RD faction, may be killing EC by anyone gives RD faction but it is not in matrix for some reason... 

Edited by SiSL

Added following to main post (Avatar section):

Fixes Needed:

• While it has said to be discussed internally, Kyp thinks TE's should be half-a-Terrans  ;) Avatar planner says TE has Navigate skill while they don't... 
    attachicon.gifte.jpg

Also Faction map matrix is missing or wrong at some point... "Killing your own kind increases RD faction" is said to be no longer true with Sharim, Shahadem etc. However, TE killing EarthCorps gives increase to RD faction, may be killing EC by anyone gives RD faction but it is not in matrix for some reason... 

Navigate isn't a TW skill, if you look at the JT you'll find she's shown to have self-destruct, which is not one of her skills.  It's probably a mistake in the planner in both cases, rather than a skill they're supposed to have that's not included.  Every class gets 17 skills, counting everything you can put skill points into.  The Privateer is the only class missing a skill, as they only have 16.  Also I'm not counting the Call Forward & Compulsory Contemplation skills since they are only L1, and you don't have to spend points in them.

If faction map says killing EarthCorps gives RD faction, that's the case for anyone who kills EarthCorps.  The other faction adjustments should also apply.

Navigate isn't a TW skill, 

Thanks buddy as a TE, I had no idea ;)

Joke aside, that's why I pointed it as "Bug on the planner"

If faction map says killing EarthCorps gives RD faction, that's the case for anyone who kills EarthCorps.  The other faction adjustments should also apply.

Contrary, Faction map does not say killing EC gives RD faction, while it does.... 

Edited by SiSL

Yeah, you said fixes needed.  I didn't understand, at the time, whether you were saying that the planner was wrong in including navigate, or that the TW was wrong in not having it in his skill set.  With the comment about Kyp wanting the TW to be half-a-Terran I was thinking you were saying the latter.

The second is probably a bug, in one or the other.  Question is, is it the chart that's bugged, or is killing EarthCorps giving RD bugged?  I suspect the latter.