Equipment Damage, is it planned?

SiSL

Is there any plans for equipment damage to be made like in live?  I mean any damage to hull random percentage damaging random equipments?

Currently except incapacitated / jumpstarted, there is no equipment damage in game, which makes one of great Enforcer skill basically very very rare used (may be seldom raid conditions)

IMO, that would add more challange to game rather than mob aturism/curiosity/link changes and more balanced compared to hull patch skills in small group / solo part of the game...

Currently if not dead or out of ammo, classes with hull patch no need to get back to station / break from combat at all... Equipment damage might bring balance to that, plus repair costs to have credits sink for economy...

I have, umm, sorta, maybe taken a bit more dmg than my shields and hull allowed for, and when I towed/docked, I was charged a repair fee.

Looks as if some of it is already in game, maybe not all they have planned nor all you want, but then, do we need all that?

I have, umm, sorta, maybe taken a bit more dmg than my shields and hull allowed for, and when I towed/docked, I was charged a repair fee.

Looks as if some of it is already in game, maybe not all they have planned nor all you want, but then, do we need all that?

As I mentioned above, it is only if you are incapacitated already...

I actually think we need everything to make any class skills mean something. It is not just what I wanted, it is what it was before... And it was good and has numerous good reasons for balance / health of the game / group varieties / Money-sink options to be in...

If there is not any intention to add it back, why not change to TE repair ability to Hull patch then ;)

Edited by SiSL

I have lost non structure % on items (aka quality)

Hvave a few vendor devices that are at 97% (or less) quality. SO it is in, just seems less aggressive than in live on Q% damage)

Quality & Structure are different units of measurement on an item. Quality = Built factor of an item, effecting item stats when it is intact (100% structure) , Structure on the other hand, effecting stats like Quality but is temporary, starting as soon as you start to get damage off your hull, was targeting random equipment on hits. For instance, your warp might be malfunctioning if you have 0% of structure of your engine, can not fire your weapons if they were completely damaged (those were people who are damaged almost to zero hull)

What was in live was not permanent, structure damage was it is either till you dock or someone repairs you with their skills to do that.  Therefor was also adding challange to a degree to game. Once in a while, you had to dock...

Edited by SiSL

Ok you loose build quality already. It is in as I said item damage is in. You can loose structure damage and quality damage.

It is less common than live, as it has only happened a few times It is here, whether you like it as current or want harsher, that is your choice.

I have lost quality on vendor items (not only structure).

With how easy it is to get credits, honestly, I see this being a non issue just as it was in the last year of Live.  I couldn't pay people to take a JS, unless we were doing a raid, but that is different.

People just towed, and got someone in guild, if they couldn't do it themself, rip and re-build their gear at 200%.

I can't say I really cared one way or the other.

Only way to change that attitude is to make towing unbearably costly, credits hard to come by, analyzing terribad even with your version of the analyze dance and sacrifice, and making items at 200% very rare.

I don't see a game like that being very fun at all.

Will they put in what you want?  Probably, but not to the degree you are wanting.

Just give it time, they are still tweaking things.

With how easy it is to get credits, honestly, I see this being a non issue just as it was in the last year of Live.  I couldn't pay people to take a JS, unless we were doing a raid, but that is different.

People just towed, and got someone in guild, if they couldn't do it themself, rip and re-build their gear at 200%.

I can't say I really cared one way or the other.

Only way to change that attitude is to make towing unbearably costly, credits hard to come by, analyzing terribad even with your version of the analyze dance and sacrifice, and making items at 200% very rare.

I don't see a game like that being very fun at all.

Will they put in what you want?  Probably, but not to the degree you are wanting.

Just give it time, they are still tweaking things.

I don't think I could explain briefly...

Considering you both thinking quality or your 200% equipment will be down, it is NOT that...

It is STRUCTURE damage, not QUALITY damage. It does not get you to get your equipment rebuilt if it is damaged if this was what you had in mind.

[attachment=2272:29-12-2012 01-14-13.png]

You see they are different values... Equipment damage is structure damage... and temporary...

Equipment damage IS NOT permanent, WAS NOT permanent. Was Temporary. It didn't change build quality at all. All your equipment repaired to 100% if you ever docked (with some fee) , OR you could repair your equipment if you had skill or get it repaired from others if you don't want to dock... Your 200% will be 200% even it gets damaged, it just won't work in its best, unless you towed, or repaired. It was like that before. I'm not saying 'anything' new at all.

In other words, your equipment is safe on built quality. Just with all hull patch and stuff, you can not get out of space and stay there forever. Hull damaged = equipment damaged, dock = fixes everything back, repair skill = fixes everything back...

Edited by SiSL

Both structure & quality on items can be damaged.  The 3 warriors' repair equipment skill applies to structure damage, but not quality.  Structure damage, IMO, should be fairly frequent on taking hull damage, though mitigated by damage control skills/buffs.  Quality damage should occur as well but structure damage should have to occur first, and some degree thereof.  In my opinion quality damage should also be mitigated by damage control skills/buffs.  (Damage magnification debuffs, should make structure/quality damage more likely)

Quality damage is permanent to any partiuclar item.  The only way to get around quality damage is to rebuild the item in question.   This also means that for irreplacable items, (non-manu rewards from non-repeatable missions) one must decide if having using that particular piece of equipment, in a specific situation, is worth the risk to that piece of equipment.  In EnB Origins, when I'd go on fishbowls with my JE, I chose to leave my Loony's Special gizmoblatsit and Chili Popper at home because I didn't want their quality damaged.  (I mostly used them when mining)

• Upvote 1

Lol why would it make the game more challenging? All it would do is cost you credits. Player made equipment should be the best and stronger to use. In old live if you got blown up you would lose quailty value way to harsh is that what you want here? It didn't make the game more challenging just annoying.

Lol why would it make the game more challenging? All it would do is cost you credits. Player made equipment should be the best and stronger to use. In old live if you got blown up you would lose quailty value way to harsh is that what you want here? It didn't make the game more challenging just annoying.

Yeah, your alt's hull patch would not fix how slower your weapons become, your reactor failing regeneration, going back to dock time to time might give you overtime to think, let's use my hull as a shield too... Those were all in live you know...

Structure dmg also added fail rate, you could tank hull dmg (especially with HDC) and not get any structural dmg to about half hull, then you had ever increasing chances of structure dmg, when things had structural dmg 2 things happened, increasing chance of quality dmg (perminent dmg to the items) and the item "failing" so a structural dmged engine had a chance to fail initiating warp and reduced thrust rate. If a engine had structure of 0% you wouldn't warp until either someone with repair equipment repaired it to higher structure, or you towed/thrusted to a station for repairs.

In a raid setting repair equiptment was a must since the raids were all well away from a station, the warp back time for a raid from a tow/station was prohibitive, either the rest of your group would dye by time you returned or they would finish without you. Other equiptment with structure dmg would have failures of side buffs (an example of this was would be say a CFBs side buffs to a PW would stop buffing) and active buffing items say a chimera wouldn't debuff the mob at 0% or have a chance of failing at more than 0%.

Perhaps currently the structure reducing/fail rate isn't as intense as it will eventully may be, but it does exist, I have had engines off line and shields with near nill recharge from structual dmg, so can personally attest to that.