Some Pp Item Suggestions

Suggestions to help build up the items for the PP, relatively high level stuff too.

A L8 PL that drops from the voltoi bosses that buffs crit, pl skill, and thrust speed. Base DPS on par with silver hammer and grave robber.

A L8 Reactor that drops from the mordana raids that buffs shield recharge, shield inversion, and menace. Cap and recharge on par with vulture and juggernaut.

With the exception of the Silver hammer, a PP can use pretty much anything a PW can. Mine personally had no problems at the level 8 tech. I dont think PP is lacking honestly, railroaded into one setup maybe but by no means lacking.

All classes have items that are only for them. The PT is somewhat lacking there. According to the database they have 1 PT only item in the game, the other 8 classes have more. Even the JT and Scout have some all of which were designed by the emulator devs. The PT is still one skill short as well. The big thing for the PT over the other new classes are his benefits that come from being Progen, L9 shields, L5 crits.

I wasn't necesarily saying that PP is lacking, the changes to CFB to include recharge shield skill, and the other end game stuff that is available for PP covers most of it. Just making suggestions to tie up loose ends in the other levels.

Terrel, its not really just the PP. The JS and TS also have less than 10 items each, of which maybe 2 or 3 at most are even useful compared to other same level equipment (level 8 shields mostly and the quasar device and ballistic sniper weapon).

If you sort by the original 6, theres over 30 for each. So I think the best approach would be to expand the item tables for all three of the "new' classes together without just singling one out.

Personally I don't see why there would be a need for anymore race/class specific items in the game, atleast not right now. I think there are plenty of items to chose from. I don't even think agrippa should have been added yet, the DEV's keep talking about timeline, but they keep adding items in the game, that have no timeline to them. I would rather wait for the Vrix, Ardus and Der-Tod to be in game before anything else off the cuff is added to the game.

I agree Ryle, I just think this is the one of the few places where the PT lags behind the other 2 new classes. The Scout & JT do need much work to be ready for prime time, so while the PT does need work, I don't have a problem with fixing the other 2 missing classes first as long as the PT gets his turn before EMU Live. All 3 need clearly defined roles with some unique things to bring to the table. The JT & Scout need more, since they aren't DPS classes (and shouldn't be). The PT being a DPS class is a good start, but work will be needed there too.

I really think the TS needs a swap around to be affective in groups or even solo, it's by far the weakest of the explorer classes. Yes I know the JE only has 3 weapons but it has CC to compensate. I think the TS should have lvl9 shields as the other two terran classes do, and also have devices at lvl8, doing so won't make it much slower as it's the fastes ship out there anyway, but will give a good standing in fighting capabilities.

For the new classes here's what I think they need.

Progen Trader= Offensive combat support skill L7. Something new and unique. One or two new activated effects for offensive combat support. Effects could be on Reactors or Shields since PT are pretty strong there.

Terran Explorer = Replace L5 Hacking with a new and unique L7 support skill. Raise Afterburn to L7, waive formation restrictions on L6+, (L6 group members within 1.5K, L7, 2.5k at activation of skill) increase duration some, increase effect slightly. 2 new offensive combat support effects on new lines Scout Only devices. 2 new defensive combat support effects on Scout only devices. I don't think that the Scout needs L9 shields, but more ways to support.

Jenquai Trader = L135 skill that's useful and unique, or switch Reactor Optimization to the L135 skill, and replace the L7 version with a new defensive combat support skill. Dispel (clear debuff) as new effect for a line of JT only devices. 1 or 2 new offensive activated effects, and 3 new defensive (including dispel) activated effects.

The weaknesses are lack of unique things to do.

PT = Secondary gun, Secondary healer.
Scout = Tertiary JSer, Secondary debuffer
JT = Battery bot (shared with JE) Tertiary healer, Secondary debuffer

New equipment for all three classes. Some of the new equipment based activated effects should work better in some situations than others. That way the classes have to take into account where they're supporting and pick their support equipment accordingly.

I am just curious, the majority of the items for the other professions are actually in the low to mid range. Ill speak with my lead and the item dev and see if we can work out a way to integrate a bit more PP item uniqueness into some content. I cant promise anytime soon, but I will ask and see what can be done.