Faction Question

Heya,

i'm unsure thinking about it...so i better ask because some of you might know better:

1. Was Chavez MOB green, red or neutral (yellow) in live? (and the same to all or different to certain races?)
2. Did farming Chavez in live (eg. for RD faction) affected Chavez faction for you (turning them red at a point) or did they were "faction immune"?
3. Did we see the Chavez Faction on our PDA although they werent on the "official faction matrix map"?

Tnx !

In Live Chavez were unfactioned, but since they and the RD were enemies, killing Chavez would raise your RD by 1 point for every 2 Chavez you killed. At least that was the case for low level ones, not sure if it scaled up. The devs in Live announced that they would give the Chavez faction standing, but sunset announcement came before that could be implemented. Mass slaughter of Chavez was the way to get, albeit slowly, the +2000 RD faction required to enter BBW without tanking faction with other groups.

The emulator only requires neutral (-1999 or better) faction to enter BBW, unlike live which required you to be liked; however, some classes start with very low -9K faction with the RD. As far as I know, people started at -5K RD in live. I did get 3 of my 4 live toons into BBW, though my PE was too little to do much there other than use the shortcut. Some classes start with RD much lower in emulator. PT IIRC starts at -9K and have to kill RD for some of their training missions. Some other classes also start at -9K. The emulator also offers an option that Live did not, jobs at the terminals beyond the original 6 classes plus N7 and Glenn Commission which reward faction. An improvement IMO.

Thanks for the answer !

But besides the RD stuff, can you remember if...

a ) Chavez showed up on the faction list (PDA) ingame
b ) Chavez turned red to you after you killed enough (so technically their standing to you was affected by farming them?)
c ) was Chavez neutral or red to you initially ?

Basically the questions from the original posting, since they are still open :P

Thanks Buddy!!

[size=3][i](Its just about the Chavez, RD stuff is not relevant at this time)[/i][/size]

Zack,

I can answer the fact that they turned red to you or not, everything with faction points did that if you sufficiently pissed them off, even your own people. (I know from experience. I wasn't allowed to land at most stations on one of my toons)

As far as them showing up in-game on the PDA, I don't recall.

No they did not show up on your PDA in live, that I'm pretty sure of. Had the game received a few more patches they would likely have, as the devs did mention them being factioned "in the future". I don't remember them being anything other than hostile in Live, though I cannot be absoutely sure of that.

The chavez in live were similar to Freespacers (with the exception freespacers were yellow), they would never change, they were always hostile, but were not factioned. Terrell is correct they were planning on factioning them, because they were going to have there own sector, at the time nobody knew what that would be until now.

As for BBW, all you needed was to turn them yellow to enter, they did not have to be fully green, but if I recall they wouldn't sell anything to you in the station unless you were green. That was the whole purpose of turning a faction green as apposed to being yellow (neutral to them), so you could purchase items.

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1344806423' post='61726']
Tnx !!

One last question, i already have the answer, just making sure:

Were you able (in live) to get Chavez faction up (yellow/green) by killing RDs ?
[/quote]

No, because it wasn't set up as an actual faction, just like glenn commision, net-7 etc. etc, they really werent set up with enemies. Th chavez should have been, but wasn't implemented yet.

I don't think you could raise Chavez faction in live at all since they were unfactioned. They were the no penalty way to raise RD.

The Freespacers in live actually were factioned, but I'm only aware of one mission that gave freespacer faction. It was a mission given at Paren Station to lowbie JEs to inform the freespacers that they would have to leave Jenquai space. I know of no other means, from live, to raise Freespacers than that one mission, and as far as I know it wasn't repeatable.

If that was the case that one could get into BBW with neutral faction, in Live that must have changed by the time I got my JE in. The gates remained red to me at neutral faction, until one day Ohkami and I were mining and killing Bio Extractors in Fenris, and I noticed that the RDs were finally green to me. (I'd been working on it for a while) then the gates were green on my map & open.

In live my JD had horrible RD faction since I started smashing them right out of the gate with my "baby compression thrusters"...lmao. By the time I learned it was a bad idea to kill RD's it was too late...the hate I garnered from them was sky high. None of this had any bearing in regard to the Chavez as they continuously attacked my JD on sight.

On the other hand, my faction with the V'rix and Mordana was excellent due to all the RD killing I had done.