Install EnB from scratch Instructions Rev 7/22/2010

having a bit of a problem running this.

I have windows XP SP3, 32 bit, with a GTX 260 video card and 4GB of RAM

These are the steps I did:

Got the E&B demo program, installed it.

Got the E&B update program, installed it.

Got the net7 setup program, installed it, ran it a few times, got an error on the second to last time I ran, Quit out of it, ran it again, this time it ran fine all the way through.

Fired up Net7 again, clicked on Play, got this error:

A dos prompt opens up and a Eart&Beyond window opens up. The second window says 'Finding File'. After a few minutes, another window opens up with the title bar saying Error: 4 and the text of the window saying: Couldn't find the patch. Try again later.

I click OK and the second window exits. What's up?

Your launcher is pointing to the wrong path. Open up LaunchNet7 and click the "Browse" button in the upper right-hand corner. Look for and open the file "client.exe", which is in the "Earth & Beyond\release" folder. When the Open File dialog first comes up, it should be in the "Earth & Beyond" folder, so the file shouldn't be too hard to find.

having a bit of a problem running this.

I have windows XP SP3, 32 bit, with a GTX 260 video card and 4GB of RAM

These are the steps I did:

Got the E&B demo program, installed it.

Got the E&B update program, installed it.

Got the net7 setup program, installed it, ran it a few times, got an error on the second to last time I ran, Quit out of it, ran it again, this time it ran fine all the way through.

Fired up Net7 again, clicked on Play, got this error:

A dos prompt opens up and a Eart&Beyond window opens up. The second window says 'Finding File'. After a few minutes, another window opens up with the title bar saying Error: 4 and the text of the window saying: Couldn't find the patch. Try again later.

I click OK and the second window exits. What's up?

• 1 month later...

instructions state for...

7. Run the Net7 tool from Start - Program Files-EA GAMES - Earth & Beyond - Net7 Config

however, following the instructions, i was only able to find...

Start/Program Files/EA Games/Earth and Beyond/Earth and Beyond Configuration

instructions state for...

7. Run the Net7 tool from Start - Program Files-EA GAMES - Earth & Beyond - Net7 Config

however, following the instructions, i was only able to find...

Start/Program Files/EA Games/Earth and Beyond/Earth and Beyond Configuration

The Net7 config tool used to be included, but the E&BConfig tool should work just as well. It has all the same features, I believe.

Hi guys, I can't get a registration code, the file planet link just gives me a blank page

That's ok, the fileplanet page was from the original demo registration process years ago. Just close the page and you should be able to continue installing.

Guest cintrain

I cannot register. I get an error message every time I try that says

Forum Name: blhblah

Forum User not found

User not added

I have done it several times. I can get to megan, when I try to register it asks me for the code on the cd. Help.

I cannot register. I get an error message every time I try that says

Forum Name: blhblah

Forum User not found

User not added

I have done it several times. I can get to megan, when I try to register it asks me for the code on the cd. Help.

Ok, I registered here. How do I get past megan? When I try getting in from the EnB icon ut says "finding file" then "couldnt find the patch, try again later. When I use the Net7 I hit play, it takes me to Megan. When I use my user ID and password I used to register here it doesnt work. When I try to creat an accout at asks for a code. Please help

Edited by cintrain

Ok, I registered here. How do I get past megan? When I try getting in from the EnB icon ut says "finding file" then "couldnt find the patch, try again later. When I use the Net7 I hit play, it takes me to Megan. When I use my user ID and password I used to register here it doesnt work. When I try to creat an accout at asks for a code. Please help

You have to register at http://www.net-7.org after you register here at the forums. You need to put your forum login name in the "Forum Username" field.

Revised 2010-07-22

If you want to try one of the 3 classes not in live, install the Character and Starship Creator and do this...

Right click the shortcut to the Character and Starship Creator, go to properties. You should see a "target path" on the general tab. Go to the end of what's in that box after the quotes and type a single space, then:

-noclassrestrictions

then click apply and ok. After that, use that shortcut to start your character creator and you should be set.

so, this part isn't working for me. i've tried rebooting and reinstalling, and downloading a new copy to reinstall a third time. the creator works fine, but there are no new classes.

Have you used the -noclassrestrictions argument? You should have a shortcut set up that looks like this in Properties:

Char Creator Shortcut Screenshot.PNG

this is the target. i have also tried installing to the default location. this is on my win7 64bit desktop. my 32bit vista laptop also doesn't get the new classes.

"D:\games\Earth & Beyond\Character and Starship Creator\Character and Starship Creator.exe" -noclassrestrictions

this is the target. i have also tried installing to the default location. this is on my win7 64bit desktop. my 32bit vista laptop also doesn't get the new classes.

"D:\games\Earth & Beyond\Character and Starship Creator\Character and Starship Creator.exe" -noclassrestrictions

Also, I forgot to mention that the three new classes don't have buttons in the character creator, you have to use the arrows to scroll through the classes until you find them. Does that help?

Also, I forgot to mention that the three new classes don't have buttons in the character creator, you have to use the arrows to scroll through the classes until you find them. Does that help?

yes, that does help.

the PICNIC error strikes again :(

Guest Mitchell

you know the patch you download then install what do i install it to it asks me like do i do it to the game enb in the c drive or to net7 or to the saved download before installation??