Ts Nullfactor & Reactor

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-344-ts-nulfactor-field-reactor-reconfiguration-uninstalls-and-reinstalls-my-reactor-when-manually-ended/

[quote name='Zetsumei' timestamp='1340759421' post='1307']
I don't know if this is intended or not but when I manually end the Nulfactor Field-Reactor Reconfiguration my reactor is momentarily uninstalled and reinstalled, requiring installation, leaving me with 0/0 reactor until then.
[/quote]

Topic moved from Bug Tracker to Suggestion forums.

Please discuss here. :)

I have seen this as well and discussed it with someone in game. I feel this makes very little sense. Shutting off an ability causing complete helplessness for 20-30 seconds (unless you have a equip engineering buff) is pretty much asking for instant death in many cases.

Then again a lot of the TS skills have conflicts. Like activating afterburn in a group and no one in the group can use skills til its shut off, etc.

I think the whole TS skillset needs a look at, into how they are applied, and fix them so they dont affect others or have serious and likely unintended consequences for their use.

Have to agree there Ryle. Scouts need a bit more to be ready for prime time. I'm not seeing much they bring to the table that's not already covered elsewhere. No environmental effects in raids, and even if there were, do you really want to have to stay in formation? Particularily if you aren't one of the guns? What good is afterburn if your role as an explorer means you're looking for mobs to debuff and downed players to jumpstart? That's not exactly practical consistent with an explorer's role. Especially since as supporters in a raid, support isn't limited to who is in your group, there are people in other groups that may need the services of an explorer. With the addition of the 3 missing classes, support outside of group should be needed and fairly common, since size of group is limited to 6.

The fact that they can't be used together is a bug that just hasn't been fixed up yet due to other pressing issues. It's on my list of things to have fixed.