Hash Errors.

took a quick look and didnt see any topics like this so i'm going to uninstall and reload.
hash mismatch altho it worked fine on my other rig. <shrug>
just thought you should see it.

[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/CheezeBaal/Clipboard02-2.jpg[/img]

I am getting this error. I have reinstalled the game client and Net-7 multiple times, run in compatibility mode, run as administrator, hit retry multiple times.
I cannot get past the "update "skip" "cancel" screen. The buttons either restarts the attempt at update or shuts net-7 down. Seems nothing can be done from the client side.

Yup, I'm getting the same. oh, so close to resurrecting the game that got me into MMOs in the first place - you're all a bunch of big teases, you know that?

Hopefully someone will have an answer soon - *crosses everything*

delete that file and do a reset updates. There may have been trouble with the new webserver and if you updated at just the wrong time then you'd get trouble. I think it's working for most people (including me) so the root problem is fixed, but while it was happening might have left some people with a corrupted cdata.dat file.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1333888764' post='56530']I think it's working for most people (including me) so the root problem is fixed, but while it was happening might have left some people with a corrupted cdata.dat file.[/quote]either cdata.dat is wrong in server (1958682 bytes) or Files.txt for Net7 is wrong (shows cdata as 1958683 bytes)

I have been plagued with problems trying to get ENB working again, tried a full re-install multiple times, even did a complete system format... finally arrived to this point. I have the same error, and no, deleting the cdata file and trying to update again did not fix it.

after weeks of fighting with it and spending 7 hours reformatting my computering and getting it back to where it was before formatting, I am about ready to give up on the game for a while.

TB,

This is because we copied it up for the new patch last night and haven't yet got the patch across. Its ok guys, I'm sorry for the delay but we will get it working normally today. You [s]should[/s] shouldn't need to uninstall if you've followed instructions but this error won't go away until we get the patch pushed. Hope that helps.

Thank you! Good to know it is not something on my end at this point, because I am about out of ideas on what to try next :)

Thank you devs for your time and effort in solving this problem and working to make this emulator in the first place :D

• 3 weeks later...
Hello there!

First of all, thank you for lettting me revive one of my best memories. Earth & Beyond was my first MMOG and will always have a special place in heart. I'll never forgive EA for the decision of killing E&B, so thank you all E&B Emulator team for all your efforts to see this game come alive again.

What brings me to the forum is this problem with an hash error. I've installed the E&B emu in my desktop about 4 days ago and everything went well (Win7 64bit).

As I can't stay away too long from the game :P I tryed to install it in my laptop (Win7 32bit), but no luck. I'm repeating the very same process I used with my desktop, but can't pass the LaunchNet7 client update.
The error is similar to one described above, meaning every time I run the LaunchNet7 client, it will try to update but somewhere in the process I get an hash error. I'm attaching a jpg file with the error.

Can anyone please, please help me?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, Kyp

I remember trying that at the time without success. Anyway I did it again and it worked. No more hash error and the launcher worked OK! :D
Now I'm having INV-300 error at the game login :(. Have to look up in the forum for that repair.
Darn laplot is working against me... but I WILL have my beloved EnB playing in that rig also!

Thanks so much for your help!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I'm having that Hash error myself atm. And no change after deleting that file, any other suggestion?

And If I skip the update, I get the Unsupported 16-bit error, I got 64bit Win7. Edited by Aragwath

• 1 year later...

navigate to that file and delete it, run the launcher as admin and let it update again, it should pick up the correct version.

Hi, I'm new here and unfortunately I'm having the error described here. I have deleted cdata.dat, but I get the same error (Hash of downloaded file and hash in server manifest does not match).

I'm running W7 64-bit and I have run LaunchNet7.exe as Administrator.

Please, any help? Thanks a lot.