Agrippa Style Quests

I am a bit confused on this entire quest. Not for the other races like Terrans and Jenquai, but for the Progen race. Why is it they cannot do agrippa when they are maxed out? I understand that they have a choice of whether or not doing Agrippa as they lvl up, but a lot of times quests are over bearing for smaller peoples because they lack speed, or capabilities that they gain at higher lvls. Which will make doing agrippa a lot faster for these people. If this quest is optional then why is it not optional for when someone wants to do it? I do not have a Progen as a char, but I feel it is kind of screwed up that if they dont start it early or at certain stages of the HU then they cannot do it period. granted other races can do Agrippa, but only so far (lvl 8) and only one item that can be used by non progen @ lvl 9 is the device (I can see why not making the weapon usable @ L9). But, why not allow the other races use/build the all of the lvl 9 items from agrippa as well?

Also are you guys planning on implementing something like agrippa with the other 2 races? because to me it feels that progens are then only ones that get a chance at getting cool stuff, like weps, reactors, shields, devices. Where I am sure terrans could use agrippa style items (which they do in a sence TA7-9 engines), but devices, weapons, shields added to the engines. And jenquai Can get devices weapons reactors for their agrippa style items. By doing this it will allow us to enhance these other 2 races capabilities just like agrippa does for Progens. Make the game more balanced across all races, not just one.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][quote] Not for the other races like Terrans and Jenquai, but for the Progen[/quote][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Not entirely true, some of it involves the other races, besides, it might be better to say "nothing like that for the Terrans & Jenquai... [b]yet"[/b][/font][/color]

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1330396501' post='54470']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Not entirely true, some of it involves the other races, besides, it might be better to say "nothing like that for the Terrans & Jenquai... [b]yet"[/b][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Hmm, looking forward to seeing what the other 2 races get. TTs and JTs will like this, JW, JE, Scouts, and TWs probably too.

The reason progens have the agrippa is 2 fold:
1. Is can we even do it, under the old platform and it limiting structure and storyline?

The answer to 1 has been a resounding yes, through great efforts of coders and Devs/CDevs they have gone great strides, and are refining it through more effort and player testing. A huge congrates and GG on that btw.

2.CDev hours, becuase its a volunteer effort, and dependent on who and when, content can be worked up, tested and rolled out, and debugged, etc. Bayhkee had the time in and the effort, he is progen CDev, so progens went first, simple as that. (if all that effort can be called "simple" :)).

Becuase other races CDevs have had both some lineup restructuring, and some RL commitments, they weren't at the stage in content that Bayhkee was when the attempt to do what has been done, never fear! .I'm sure the other CDevs love of the game and challenge of the project will have them cuaght up and ready to roll soon as well.

Yes

My missions keep prodding the code developers to think waaaay outside the box.
Keep looking out for that hit-man to chop off my fingers...

I tend to think 'I wonder if this works' rather than 'it can be easily done this way'

========

A note on Agrippa items.
Unlike some items (sidewards glance at Terrans), Agrippa items tend to have a penalty on them too.
It just happens that if this penalty exists it is one that Progen don't mind paying

Agrippa is the fruits of about 30+ months trying to get things... right.

Now to Prodd Kyp with reguards the missing Privateer skills...

======

"Agrippa - The Research and Development arm of the Collegia Traders" - ie, Progen Item development.
"Lesser species" such as Terran and the pitiful Jenquai can have a chance to get into it on invite only, and only Stage II.

Stages I and III are reserved to some Progen players (those who have dones the token missions unlocking this content, and believe me if you thought Stage II was hard, you don't know the half of it).

---

And the reason for not being able to do the whole lot when you are maxed out is the whole Token mission philosophy that tests skills / levels at early stages and unlocks bonus content. No one person (unless they gain lots of gold tradable mission tokens ** which then unlocks a market in these tokens in game **) can do every Token mission, so its your choice which route to follow.

Agrippa would like to spot Talent early.

This means the Component building line is started once you have hull level 50 and before hull level 75 and have got Build components 3, because by their understanding you may want to build components as you have invested some points into it at a early stage.

The other Progen build skills are tested at hull level 100 and before hull level 135, having build skills level 5 respectively. Again you have therefore made a choice to sacrifice points into build skills and not placed them into other skills. Promise is shown this way.

Agrippa Technology has no interest for Progen who have got to level 150 and then put points into build skills.
They want to develop their own team, not get mercenaries who are harder to test.

Token missions are intended to give the character something taxing to do at their level. They are not impossible, but the equivalent mission at level 150 may have to be epic and there isn't the space in the game for this do be done.

[quote name='Dragonfury' timestamp='1330481678' post='54508']
Ok thx for the clarification. Just a lot of peeps skip it because it can be over bearing.
[/quote]

And just the same there are plenty who enjoy that complexity, the flavor varies depending on playstyle. :)

May be off topic, if so move it, but is the PP "missing" skill to be a 3,5 or 7 tier one? (Don't know how many SP they are suppost to spend in line with others) but if its a 5, can I put my 0.02 in? I would like to see a progen racial skill like grav link for a PP, same level as a PS has, letting PW excel at it with a T7. Since a PP is support, GL could be less intrusive and more supportive than say some other uber combat skill.

If it is deemed not to be a "combat" type skill and needs a T7, my 0.02 would be a engine build, something written into storyline to admit that progens have gotten frustrated with terrans continued stranglehold on engine tech, and terrans deliberate (true or not) attempt to hamper the progen empire through engine monopoly/inferior (for progen needs) stuff.

In fact I bet Byahkee could get "creative" on that with storyline and skill missions, make it a late level skill intro like JS's reactor build skill, work into storyline that the PP <insert name> must have noticed the engine lacking by now, and progen leaders are now embarking on developing the progen friendly tech, independant of infinicorp goons. :) could even work it into the faction stuff with a option to sell out to infinicorp for faction hit/gain like the old cassius hate/like vinda missions only hate/like DeWinter. Edited by Mattsacre

I'd suspect that the PT skill would be something we haven't seen before, since the PT has no unique skills as of this time. The closest he has is being the only class that can build Progen Reactors.