Do you enjoy strange character builds?

Are you fond of making character builds that don't really make a lot of sense with the design of the class? It occurs to me that it's a habit of mine in practically every game I've ever played. I'm quite fond of hybrids too...

Beam - 9

Cloak - 5

Create Wormhole - 7

Fold Space - 3

Environment Shield - 5

Jumpstart - 3

Shield Leech - 5

Scan - 5

Navigate - 7

Prospect - 7

Build Devices - 3

Device Tech - 9

Engine Tech - 8

Reactor Tech - 9

Shield Tech - 8

Reason I asked this is because I'm planning a rabid-chihuahua JE and it occurs to me that I'm following my habit again... LOL

The thing that jumps out at me is Engine Tech 8 - a JE can reach 5K warp (the Live limit) on Tech 4 engines with the Navigate skill. Not sure what the warp limit will end up being here, but still seems like skill points better spent elsewhere.

in live I had a beam build with my TT and a Missle Build on my PS... but I found due to game leveling you couldnt use it even level... well at least not the way I played (I leveled pretty balanced back then)... I had to get my toons off weapon level up one higher... but it was fun beaming with a tt and never ending shields or kiting with my PS for a change...

Not really. Worst I did was a missile-beam JW that built L8/9 weapons also. I wouldn't call it strange, so much as misguided hope that a missile-JW might be kinda cool. Back in original beta I did a projectile JW for awhile. At the time, all races used beams and projectiles were underpowered, so I anticipated a patch would boost them quite a bit. It happened :) Back then there were some very nice jenq-useable projectiles.

Not really. Worst I did was a missile-beam JW that built L8/9 weapons also. I wouldn't call it strange, so much as misguided hope that a missile-JW might be kinda cool. Back in original beta I did a projectile JW for awhile. At the time, all races used beams and projectiles were underpowered, so I anticipated a patch would boost them quite a bit. It happened :D Back then there were some very nice jenq-useable projectiles.

I agree about there being some good Jenquai usable PLs around. In Live I found that the Ninja's Shurikens and the No. 1 Most Value PL Type Zet were pretty good launchers when combined with either a HoDO, or a Omniscience, (sp?) for a PL range boost. Used them on my JE (had max beams too), and found that "death by 1000 cuts" was an effective tactic particularily on the slower mobs and those that had poor scan range. Doesn't matter how poor your shields are if you can avoid being hit back long enough, through range, and your Coma. Post 150 will definitely max PLs on my JE and JT.