Skill points

[quote name='outfctrl' timestamp='1308741553' post='42395']
Just wondering how you could reset your skill points if you messed up? Is there a kiosk or something?
[/quote]

It's called a "Call Forward" and you can obtain it from a sentinel that has trained the ability.

[quote name='Lot' timestamp='1308742973' post='42396']
It's called a "Call Forward" and you can obtain it from a sentinel that has trained the ability.
[/quote]

Thank you. Since it is a unique skill, I imagine it would be very expensive to have that done? Not saying I need to, but was just wondering. I am a TT and skilled up my lasers to 2. When I was reading about the TT, it said not to skill up in that.

[quote name='outfctrl' timestamp='1308746053' post='42397']
Thank you. Since it is a unique skill, I imagine it would be very expensive to have that done? Not saying I need to, but was just wondering. I am a TT and skilled up my lasers to 2. When I was reading about the TT, it said not to skill up in that.
[/quote]

You need to buy a device, the cost of the device is equal to the amount of points you want to have removed from a skill. If you need to remove points from several skills, you need to buy several devices. When you got the device, you need to find a Progen Sentinel that have the Call Forward skill (it's a pain to get so not all will have it).

The device is sold from Reclaimer Ort on Arx Spartoi, if I recall correctly.

IIRC, you started with level 1 beams. You prolly only spent 1 SP to raise that skill to lvl 2. If that is the case it may not be worth the effort to regain a single SP. Just a thought.

[quote name='cpwings' timestamp='1308752292' post='42401']
IIRC, you started with level 1 beams. You prolly only spent 1 SP to raise that skill to lvl 2. If that is the case it may not be worth the effort to regain a single SP. Just a thought.
[/quote]

Thanks, I was worried about that. Then it probably wont be necessary to reset skill points. Anyways, thanks all for the info, just in case.

[quote name='cpwings' timestamp='1308752292' post='42401']
[/quote]
On the other hand, the devices necessary to call forward a lvl 2 skill are very cheap, so if you're going through the trouble of calling some other skill forward, you might as well get that one as well while you're at it...

Or just hold off on CF'ing until you really need that one extra SP. Chances are that you won't really need it until later in your leveling career when you are only awarded 1SP/level. I'm going by memory on that, so it may not be entirely accurate (I've only just recently come back to these forums after a year or so).

[quote name='Sfinx' timestamp='1308768659' post='42408']
Or just hold off on CF'ing until you really need that one extra SP. Chances are that you won't really need it until later in your leveling career when you are only awarded 1SP/level. I'm going by memory on that, so it may not be entirely accurate (I've only just recently come back to these forums after a year or so).
[/quote]

So what is a fair estimate on the credit cost of CFing a leve 3 skill? I bought Build Devices to 3 dots on my Jenquai Explorer and I am thinking I will never use that skill.

Later on in the game every SP is very valuable, when things start costing 5-6-7 SP's to upgrade your gonna want every last one, espically if you a TT and plan on building.
The Devices are sold by a NPC in Arx Spartol (Endriago) in Bar Area (Not lobby or Bazaar). You buy the device that matches the skill lvl your wanting to reset (Note. Engine/Shield/Reactor are not reset-able). Then go to F7 ans ask on Market for a Call Forward. You install the device and group the person preforming the CF, tell him what skill and you will get a confirmation box (just like a WH confirmation) listing the skill. Click accept and you back to square one (Note you will never loose the skill it will just revert to lvl 1 and you can always re-add SP's to it later on).

Its not worth dropping everything your doing to go and do but next time your around Endriago i'd stop in and pickup the device.

I hope someone else can reply with the actual device name as I have forgotten it.

• 1 year later...