Can EnB be an RPG

I enjoy playing EnB and have done so since the Live Beta. This game has never really had a RPG feel since no one is actually in character. It might be helpful if we got a RPG Only chat channel where you can go when you’re feeling the need to immerse yourself into the EnB culture. I monitor most of the channels, but really tire of all the off topic stuff especially on the New Player Chat. I feel guilty when I turn it off because I really appreciate the help I have received, but the game could take on a whole new feel for those of us who would like to stay in character and enjoy the back story and playing the game and aren't just here to see how fast we can get to Level 150.

I personally endorse RP, but its one of those things that the community as a whole has to decide they want to do. Not really something that can be enforced. ;)

I Agree with you there is a whole lot more to this game besides the fast pace leveling ! there is really a very nice storyline to this game and quite a large back story ! would be nice to have a chat channel for the people who want to immerse themselves .But really there already is a channel for each race and profession so that has it covered in my minds eye !;) [quote name='Morgue' timestamp='1304957356' post='40425']
I enjoy playing EnB and have done so since the Live Beta. This game has never really had a RPG feel since no one is actually in character. It might be helpful if we got a RPG Only chat channel where you can go when you’re feeling the need to immerse yourself into the EnB culture. I monitor most of the channels, but really tire of all the off topic stuff especially on the New Player Chat. I feel guilty when I turn it off because I really appreciate the help I have received, but the game could take on a whole new feel for those of us who would like to stay in character and enjoy the back story and playing the game and aren't just here to see how fast we can get to Level 150.
[/quote]

Yes there is a storyline and rich content imo that can always be expanded upon. But it rarely gets noticed as the norm it seems for most is to want to get from 0-150 quickly so they use the job system to powerlevel essentially. There is nothing wrong with this, thats how you choose to play. I just think you miss out on alot of content between 1-149 levels during that phase (learning zones, learning mobs, learning loot, doing NPC missions etc) But again the beauty of an MMO, there are multiple play styles and there is no one right/wrong way, as long as your happy at the end of the day!

Yes I know we dont have PVP ;) but that really wasnt a big draw to this MMO (they made the arena's to quell those with said temptation). I think it was good enough maybe make a zone or two for that play but never been a big fan of all out PVP game as imo it ultimately lead to negative gameplay/intentions/behaviors...

PVP Game(Player 1 - oooh Im gonna try some missions or game content... Player 2 - Im bigger badder boom your dead...) Yes you could have multiple servers but we are no where near that level of interest/playerbase. Anyways sorry to derail.

But ya feel free to create Private Channels for RP, could always use the Out of Context Channel (name doesnt fit but not really used) as well.

even in live there were not alot of roleplayers. there were of course the Jenquai, Progen, and Teran racial jokes and remarks in chat constantly that did reference backstory. but if you do go the roleplaying way please advertise that fact somehow. i accidentally grouped with a roleplayer once in live, kinda like taking a trany home, very weird and quite a suprise.