Crash at character login

Ugg.... I don't know what to try.

I can't login past the character selection screen. I'm able to enter my username and password and also see my character and server info.

But it crashes right after that.

I've changed compatibility mode to XP-SP2 (client.exe in release folder). I also run as admin. I've changed the resolution using config program to my desktop resolution.

Any other ideas as to how to get the game to launch?

Thanks for any help

If OS is 7 or Vista (sounds like it is) did you run the config program as Admin? UAC prevents writes to the registry, EAs config program writes the display stuff to a registry key.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1304896340' post='40397']
I have sent you a link to a modified client. Can you give it a try and PLEASE let me know if it works or not, I really need the feedback yea/nay.
[/quote]

Thanks for the responses. I tried Kyp's solution first -- did not work. I don't think the Config app was failing -- the resolution was (correctly) changed during the performance test. I could see a difference.

I then replaced the client with the one you sent me. This also failed to resolve the problem. I tried running with no compatability mode as well as XP/SP2. The client is also running as admin.

Its really stumping me and I've been working on it awhile. I have no problem running the game on my other comp (obviously a completely different machine). Its bothering me as I haven't run into a game that runs on one but not the other (usually similar solutions work -- and the compatibility mode solution worked after trouble on my first comp).

Any other ideas to try?

Thanks again for the help.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1304894640' post='40395']
If OS is 7 or Vista (sounds like it is) did you run the config program as Admin? UAC prevents writes to the registry, EAs config program writes the display stuff to a registry key.
[/quote]
actually 'e&bconfig.exe' running as user is using (persistent, user specific) virtual registry. game client running as user is also using same virtual registry. Location is under [HKCU\Software\Classes\VirtualStore].

'run as administrator' gets access directly to HKLM entries, so thats the reason 'e&bconfig.exe' does not seem to work when running as user, but client is running as admin.

OMGz I have win7 x64 and none of this worked, but i checked C Del's FAQ and the strangest thing happened. I managed to switched the compatibility of the enb config client thingy not the net-7launcher, to XP\SP2 re-configured the enb config and it works perfectly now. I can login all the way without crashing. This is on a fresh install of earth and beyond with its updates and stuff. Still thats a bit backwards though ;) On Vista I wouldn't have to do such a thing.

So I ended up getting it working. I uninstalled EB and all components and did a fresh install. Everything works, and I have no idea why.

I made sure that compatibility modes were set correctly and everything was run as admin BEFORE I ran each program (Net 7, EnB, or EnB config) for the first time after the fresh install. Its anyone's guess whether that was what made the difference.

Anyway, just thought I should give a final upddate -- that a reinstall might just fix it (even though it always seems like tech support is just throwing up their hands when they recommend a reinstall -- no matter what the game is). But it worked.

hi all am having the same problem i recently signed up my 2 brothers to the game and i got all the files installed on there computers setup everything and works great came home sorted out everything on my laptop so can play in bed (easy now) and works great but put on my own computer and login get to select characters select my main login and sits on the map/loading screen and goes to not responding when i close it down via task manager and it says main closed down... also the cmd prompt that comes up the last line says mvar... nothing else after that unlike my laptop so not sure if its hanging.... i have tried several time to reintsalling turning on uac turning it off putting on compatibilty on the client always run things as admin just can not sort this problem out even tried all the change resoultion....

only thing i like to try is this new/modified client see if that helps

tia all

DarK__Solo