New Server Down

Shortly before it went down, I tried to switch chars and sat in a loading screen for a longer than usual time.
I also noticed a guildie had logged off to restart his pc, yet his char did not log off until he tried to log it back in. (according to green text)

If you can't connect or you see 0 people online, you're having a DNS problem. For the next few days, connect directly to "87.106.131.253" and you should be able to get in.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1301279512' post='37478']
If you can't connect or you see 0 people online, you're having a DNS problem. For the next few days, connect directly to "87.106.131.253" and you should be able to get in.
[/quote]
I't not us who has DNS problems ;-)
ns1.net-7.org and ns2.net-7.org are out of sync and so tell two different IP's for sunrise and play

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1301279512' post='37478']
[/quote]

On the launcher, how do I change the IP to 87.106.131.253, to connect that way?

[quote name='HappyGreg' timestamp='1301288399' post='37488']
On the launcher, how do I change the IP to 87.106.131.253, to connect that way?
[/quote]

HAHAHAH nevermind, you just type it in to the server selection! I win at computers!! you should hire me!!

Actually I have a new problem. When connecting to 87.106.131.253, it shows ONLINE-122 status, but its giving me the error "error launching client Details: Could not create backup of "rg_regdata.ini" file. Access to the path C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Data\client\ini\rg_regdata.ini.orig' is denied." :huh:

[quote name='HappyGreg' timestamp='1301289049' post='37491']
Actually I have a new problem. When connecting to 87.106.131.253, it shows ONLINE-122 status, but its giving me the error "error launching client Details: Could not create backup of "rg_regdata.ini" file. Access to the path C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Data\client\ini\rg_regdata.ini.orig' is denied." :huh:
[/quote]

Run as admin explicitly on our launcher, Vista or 7s User Account Control is deflecting you from changing something under Program files most likely.

[quote name='karu' timestamp='1301286314' post='37486']
I't not us who has DNS problems ;-)
ns1.net-7.org and ns2.net-7.org are out of sync and so tell two different IP's for sunrise and play
[/quote]
Grr. You're right, the secondary server wasn't being updated for some odd reason.:huh: