Net7 missing the play button

try doing what's said [url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/4439-system-out-of-memory-exception/"]here[/url] and then reinstall the net 7 launcher, from a new download.

if same happens, you likely have a problem with .NET Framework or your windows installation. you can try these approaches then:
- removing and reinstalling new versions of the runtimes for Visual C++ 2005/2008.
- removing the updates for .NET Framework. you can't uninstall .NET 3.5 SP1 because it's bundled with win7.

[quote name='LPCA' timestamp='1299890251' post='36299']
oh, i've had that happen before, just not on win7.
it was on a box with windows xp and .net framework 2.0
had to uninstall all versions of .net and install again.
[/quote]
Really? Was it just the play button or all buttons? Was there at least a red X placeholder or something?

i explained wrong.
not on the net7 launcher, on some other application that was built with .NET Framework. and was a while ago, like 2-3 years ago,

windows updates kinda blows.
just a few days ago i learned that win7 does not like my system when it is patched up (didn't tried SP1) - corrupts memory and crashes, and even makes the mainboard crash.
only a cold start makes the machine usable again. until then, it refuses to start up and detect the disks - it seems it occurs when windows attempts to stop the spindle on the disks to save energy. not related to drivers, because with same version, but without patches, the system is sane.. and they are up to date (also no problems in linux).

standards, standards. what are they for we they don't use them?
it's like i always say - how can we trust a operating system that makes your hardware that is sane and safe, a complete unusable mess?i don't trust important data to it.

[quote name='LPCA' timestamp='1299892458' post='36302']
i explained wrong.
not on the net7 launcher, on some other application that was built with .NET Framework. and was a while ago, like 2-3 years ago,

windows updates kinda blows.
just a few days ago i learned that win7 does not like my system when it is patched up (didn't tried SP1) - corrupts memory and crashes, and even makes the mainboard crash.
only a cold start makes the machine usable again. until then, it refuses to start up and detect the disks - it seems it occurs when windows attempts to stop the spindle on the disks to save energy. not related to drivers, because with same version, but without patches, the system is sane.. and they are up to date (also no problems in linux).

standards, standards. what are they for we they don't use them?
it's like i always say - how can we trust a operating system that makes your hardware that is sane and safe, a complete unusable mess?i don't trust important data to it.
[/quote]
It sure does, though the less-premium WD drives have been known to sleep inconveniently like that (usually with the effect of failing out of RAID arrays). Perhaps that is contributing to the problem, if you have WD drives on that system. It could be totally irrelevant, but that problem just reminds me of the WD TLER problem I found out during my last round of hard drive prospecting. Anyway, hope you were able to roll back or solve it.

Here is a pic.
[url="http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af16/mic_chutima/?action=view&current=LauncherNet7.jpg"]My link[/url]

I tried to remove .net but no diffrence so far. I did however get to play. I used to tab button twice after i selected my ip adres and then entered. So i gues the start button must be there omewhere i just cant see it.

It looks like it's off-screen... Are you running at your maximum resolution? It seems like this might happen on a display with a really small amount of vertical pixels, but it doesn't even look like the launcher is as small as possible in your screenshot. Can you restore it and resize it smaller at all?

ditto. try resizing, moving the window. don't maximize.
are you using a netbook? most netbooks use really small resolutions... they generally aren't fit for games.

@cdel: my disks are all Western Digital, the Caviar Green SATA 500GB series, model WD5000AADS.
didn't knew about that. i'll turn off stop spindle mode with a tool.

in the server, i haven't had any issue at all since it was assembled, more than a year ago. but it uses Debian anyways.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='pulverize' timestamp='1299943437' post='36332']
Here is a pic.
[url="http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af16/mic_chutima/?action=view&current=LauncherNet7.jpg"]My link[/url]

I tried to remove .net but no diffrence so far. I did however get to play. I used to tab button twice after i selected my ip adres and then entered. So i gues the start button must be there omewhere i just cant see it.
[/quote]

Ive got a user experiencing this exact problem right now, ive checked all his installs reinstalled etc and just cant resolve. Exact issue in this screenshot... Any ideas peeps?

Update seems to be a resolution issue. He was using 1024x768 and the play button was off the screen. I have a netbook using 1024x600 no problems if I just move the launcher a bit.

But I guess question is by chance any future plans to perhaps shrink the initial default launcher window and let the user choose to enlarge it? Rather than its current large format thats not so friendly to the smaller/older resolution users?

[quote name='RojoMuerte' timestamp='1303544737' post='39647']
Update seems to be a resolution issue. He was using 1024x768 and the play button was off the screen. I have a netbook using 1024x600 no problems if I just move the launcher a bit.

But I guess question is by chance any future plans to perhaps shrink the initial default launcher window and let the user choose to enlarge it? Rather than its current large format thats not so friendly to the smaller/older resolution users?
[/quote]
Netbooks were not common when the launcher was made, and I think the launcher will work on at least 1024x768 screens which pretty much everyone with a desktop PC can run, so it probably was never considered as a potential problem. I'll look into making it fit better on super-small screens.

• 1 month later...
I have the same issue with the play button.

I think I have an issue with dotnet framework 3.5. I have run the clean up tool to remove previous versoins, and tried to reinstall the 3.5 version, but still got the "Setup Error" message even after turning windows features on/off (I'm not sure which has to be on or off, but I checked the Dotnet framework 3.5 box.

The play button is still not showing up, and when I tried the "Tab twice after choosing IP" technique, Net 7 disappeared but the game did not load.

I am currently using an HP Pavilion Dv6 laptop with Windows 7

P.S. I have an account with net7.org but I'm also not sure if I have registered for ST4 yet.

Thank you for your time,

• 9 months later...
I'm currently having this problem as well, running on an HP Inspirion laptop with win 7 home premium. My resolution is 1366x768 and the play button is stuck somewhere where i can't see on the launcher. Roomate shows me his so I know what it's supposed to look like, just have no idea how to get it to resize Edited by Xiane

change the resolution around a bit, last time I saw this kinda topic that's all it was. The button isn't bound to one of the sides and can easily get off the visible area.

Already tried that, tried changing game resolution,comp resolution...nothing, the play button is still bellow where I can access it without a scrollbar on the side, and the only scrollbar is for the patch updates.