How do percentages interact from multiple buffs?

Ok first off let me just state some examples so I can be clear on what I am talking about. Some systems if you have a 50% buff from one source and a 50% buff from another adding together they will equal 100%. In other systems the end result is 75% because of diminishing returns. (You start at 0% and then get 50% closer to 100% which means 50%. Then you get 50% closer again which leaves you at 75%. You can keep adding 50% like that and always get closer but never reach 100%). Then there's systems which would ignore anything but the highest %. For my purposes I am going to ignore that one since what I am specifically talking about is coming from two sources, a Device and a skill, and so I am 99.9% sure they stack with each other.

Now for the specifics of what I am asking about. I currently have on my TS Navigate 7 which tells me I should be getting, in addition to other things, 80% less cost for warp speed and 30% reduction in warp start up and recovery time. I also have a 200% Mk7 Laz which, other than the warp speed buff, is giving me a 65% reduction to warp startup/cooldown times. But when I start warp, it -really- feels like it's instant. So are the two %'s adding together to give me a 95% reduction in warp startup/cooldown? Or 75.5%?

The main reason I am asking is that seems rather silly. I mean what's the limit? Are there world shattering consequences for, say, adding a 65% reduction skill and a 45% reduction item together?

Or is something here working not as intended?

Ok first off let me just state some examples so I can be clear on what I am talking about. Some systems if you have a 50% buff from one source and a 50% buff from another adding together they will equal 100%. In other systems the end result is 75% because of diminishing returns. (You start at 0% and then get 50% closer to 100% which means 50%. Then you get 50% closer again which leaves you at 75%. You can keep adding 50% like that and always get closer but never reach 100%). Then there's systems which would ignore anything but the highest %. For my purposes I am going to ignore that one since what I am specifically talking about is coming from two sources, a Device and a skill, and so I am 99.9% sure they stack with each other.

Now for the specifics of what I am asking about. I currently have on my TS Navigate 7 which tells me I should be getting, in addition to other things, 80% less cost for warp speed and 30% reduction in warp start up and recovery time. I also have a 200% Mk7 Laz which, other than the warp speed buff, is giving me a 65% reduction to warp startup/cooldown times. But when I start warp, it -really- feels like it's instant. So are the two %'s adding together to give me a 95% reduction in warp startup/cooldown? Or 75.5%?

The main reason I am asking is that seems rather silly. I mean what's the limit? Are there world shattering consequences for, say, adding a 65% reduction skill and a 45% reduction item together?

Or is something here working not as intended?

I would assume its being added together for 95%, same as other percetage based buffs: Reduced Warp Cost, Weapon Turbo's, Enhance Weapons + Weapon SkillLvl, Equipment Engineering, and Reduced Ship Signature are all stacked that way.

I doubt there are consequences for >100% reduced warp charge, as the JT's group bonus gives just that. Unless they purposely made it only give +2%, which I assume it gives more than that, as there is noticable difference with it.

I would assume its being added together for 95%, same as other percetage based buffs: Reduced Warp Cost, Weapon Turbo's, Enhance Weapons + Weapon SkillLvl, Equipment Engineering, and Reduced Ship Signature are all stacked that way.

I doubt there are consequences for >100% reduced warp charge, as the JT's group bonus gives just that. Unless they purposely made it only give +2%, which I assume it gives more than that, as there is noticable difference with it.

As far as I can recall, my JE in live had 100% warp charge reduction (or insta-warp as I like to call it). I don't remember what was needed to get it, but I remember having max navigate and lvl9 devices (though I used mostly lvl8's to get rid of the debuff if I remember correctly).

Insta-warp is very useful for prospecting (and survivability).

You can get instawarp or near instawarp with a JE or Scout. In Live I had L6 Navigate and L9 devices. In Emulator you can also get negative warp cost with Navigate and a high level RR+, at this time. I'm using a L8 RR+ and L7 Navigate, and when I engage my engines energy is added to my reactor.

You can get instawarp or near instawarp with a JE or Scout. In Live I had L6 Navigate and L9 devices. In Emulator you can also get negative warp cost with Navigate and a high level RR+, at this time. I'm using a L8 RR+ and L7 Navigate, and when I engage my engines energy is added to my reactor.

I smell a bug :(

I smell a bug :(

Should have known that was too good to be true. Was able to get a pretty big kick to my reactor. When I'd install my Cyg 9 and it would kick in with about 1/3 charge, I'd activate my engines and it would be full or almost full.

Ok, thank you for the replies. I was in EnB live but I wasn't able to get as high level as I am now before the servers shut down so I am in new territory. And instant warp speeds just didn't feel right, I am far too used to games applying diminishing returns on percentage based buffs.

One thing that's not good to stack over 100% last time I checked is equipment engineering. I activated a nova (think that's the one with the ee buff? ) on top of my gm+ and nothing would install while in space! This may well have been fixed as it was months ago.