Progen's and beam weapon's

It would seem that progen's and beams would be a good match. In fact i always thought that Westwood got it wrong. Jenquai and beams have always seemed silly to me because of their weak hull and shields. Progen's do make beams and no one uses them. they also have some good buffs on them too. Has anyone every used those beams to see what they are like? Who said that progen's should only use projectiles in the first place? Its like some player came up with this rule and it stuck. Even the strategy guide see's beams as a good choice and looks down on missles but i've seem progen's using missle's and not looked down on for it.

There are some Progen-made beams around, but there are no unique Progen beams (or Terran beams, or Jenquai missile launchers, etc.). My PS has level 8 beams, and even with the best non-Jenquai setup out there (Pitbull Jr., Stone Cleaver, Harvester of Souls, and a level 9 Black Spitter PL), the damage output seems to be somewhere around 1/4 that of my level 9 PL setup -- I could probably do better damage using a set of level 8, vendor-bought Mortars. Choice in Progen missile launchers is even worse; the only one I would consider using is the Big Bertha at level 8, but it only has EMP and plasma ammunition -- neither of which are damage types a PS can debuff. (Level 5 devices and lower don't count.)

In short: Missiles for Terrans, Beams for Jenquai, Projectiles for Progen. Anything outside this paradigm is, unfortunately, just a novelty at this point.

All weapons, all races!!!

No justice, no peace!!!

:)

If you're saying what I think you're saying, I agree. In race equipment for secondary/tertiary weapons in terms of the buffs needed to use them effectively would be nice, for everyone. I would stop short of adding a 3rd weapon type to the 4 classes that only get 2 weapon types.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind seeing some secondary weapons, maybe unique ones, usable by all (or even restricted from the race that normally uses them? IDK about this one, just a thought) with buffs that would make it a little more useful to use alternative weapons. Granted, my JD should never do as much dps with missiles as with l9 beams, and should never be able to use missiles as effectively as any Terran(hmm, does CC still apply to missiles? 2x L8 damage might be in the ballpark of L9 damage? although no 200% damage bonus, added maneuverability of l9 missiles, etc) , but I'd like to see weapons good enough that I'd see the occasional Progen beam boat, Terran projectile boat, Jenquai missile boat, etc. It'd just be cool.

There are Jenquai Restricted Beams out there, as well as Progen Restricted Projectiles. All Sparta beams except for Gaze of the Martyr, and Gaze of Amah, both Mars Construction Project rewards, are Jenquai Restricted. The Nishido Projectile launchers are Progen Restricted. Don't know if there are any Progen Only MLs, would have to look.