EnB on 3g

Hello,

On Black Friday i purchased a Samsung Galaxy S Android Phone. Its from US Cellular and I have a neat little option on the phone that turns my phone into a wifi hotspot. I thought i would give it a shot playing earth and beyond on my computer to see how well it performed on 3g. to my surprise it performed near flawlessly. I noticed that gating took a few seconds longer but overall the playability was good. just thought this would interest you.

Defiant

I've played via USB tether with my moto Droid with similar results. Even dual boxed a bit without too much trouble. Looks like 3g is fast enough for EnB :D

In live I played on a 56k modem. I think you are close (double) to or double that with the 3g.

^ Left this out on original post :)

Edited by Mimir

In live I played on a 56k modem. I think you are close (double) to or double that with the 3g.

^ Left this out on original post :D

In fact, 56k is so slow, you get more than double that with 2G. Hard to believe that's what we all used not too long ago. I would bet 3G is capable of supporting hundreds of EnB connections as bandwidth goes. Of course, latency would be an issue and we only allow three connections per IP. (Also, your phone would probably get hot enough to fry an egg fairly quickly :))

Thers no 3g or 2g where im at, last speed test was 764 down on Altell's laptop connect usb device. It runs just as good as my 8 meg cable connection.

What really surprises me is how little bandwith the game uses. The Altell account has a bandwidth meter and I played for an hour and 20 minutes killin drones in bbw and only had a little over 6 megs of data tranfer up and down combined.

In fact, 56k is so slow, you get more than double that with 2G. Hard to believe that's what we all used not too long ago. I would bet 3G is capable of supporting hundreds of EnB connections as bandwidth goes. Of course, latency would be an issue and we only allow three connections per IP. (Also, your phone would probably get hot enough to fry an egg fairly quickly :D)

Yeah that's something, not to mention networks being upgraded to 4G already. Wonder how it will be when 4G service is nationwide.

Yeah that's something, not to mention networks being upgraded to 4G already. Wonder how it will be when 4G service is nationwide.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting some 4G action, but the US is always so slow with rolling out new data technologies, especially in less urban areas. I just this year got two-way cable internet and only two or three years ago got 3G coverage in my area.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting some 4G action, but the US is always so slow with rolling out new data technologies, especially in less urban areas. I just this year got two-way cable internet and only two or three years ago got 3G coverage in my area.

I think I'm in one of the cities where Verizon has started it's 4G, as of early this month, but as far as I know, there aren't any 4G phones available on VZW yet. Would be nice for some to choose for given I'm eligible for 2yr upgrade next month.

Evo is a 4g phone and i know there is another phone out there cant' remember the name. Sprint has 4g in dallas but i don't know how fast it is they say its as fast as your average cable internet 6-8 megs i think...but yea i was surprised how little data it used i played for 30minutes and used 1 megabyte. but i surfed a few websites and used up 4-5 megabytes...