Sig Generator

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It works, just takes a short while for the link to update, even though that the sig generator at net-7 might show you something else.

Remeber that you need to manually update it at net-7 for teh change to show in sig.

Any ETA on when the TS sigs will report the correct ranks? Right now the sig says my TS is a Master Sergeant, but I know she is a Pathfinder.

[quote name='Riz' timestamp='1305351197' post='40689']
Any ETA on when the TS sigs will report the correct ranks? Right now the sig says my TS is a Master Sergeant, but I know she is a Pathfinder.
[/quote]

I passed that to Slayerman after I changed the ranks, I believe he thought he changed it. I'll mention it to him again.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1305384454' post='40698']
I passed that to Slayerman after I changed the ranks, I believe he thought he changed it. I'll mention it to him again.
[/quote]

Thanks Kyp, you the DEV!

While were on the Subject... I have the Guild rank for all my toons set to "Admiral" but the sig only has ()?

Not a big issue.... asking more out of curiosity.. Dont affect me rank not showing..

[quote name='WhiteTrash' timestamp='1305512045' post='40770']
While were on the Subject... I have the Guild rank for all my toons set to "Admiral" but the sig only has ()?
[/quote]

This is a known bug with the 'database' to do with guild ranks and ID's stored in the database.

This will be like this until something is sorted with the backend database - nothing i can do to fix this.

As for the ranks, if one of the devs can post me a correct list of all ranks i will make sure they are all updated.

[quote name='Slayerman' timestamp='1305613572' post='40816']
As for the ranks, if one of the devs can post me a correct list of all ranks i will make sure they are all updated.
[/quote]

This is now resolved.

All scouts should get the correct rank next time they update the signature

Hmm..

I went to sig generator a few days ago and created my sigs. Updated my sig and it only shows IMG... I looked at how your sigs were formatted and mine appears to be the same. If i copy the location of your sigs and paste it in the address bar, the picture comes right up. If I past my url in, it says it doesn't exist. Is there a step required to actually save the image?

Log back in to your account at net-7.org go into the sig area, select the first character, and then select a background image. Even if you are wanting to use the little solid background image, you HAVE to select it to get the system to create it.

Then periodicly, you will need to repeat the steps to get the sig to update to your latest levels.

Thanks Riz, but that is what I have done. Then I copied the tags that appeared at the bottom of the screen that said forum and pasted that into my Sig on my settings page and all I get is the Posted Image, as noted below. :)

Ah Ha!! Now I see!! I wanted the small Sig but had never clicked on the picture of the small sig at the bottom, only the larger pictures. clicked the small pic and walla! Thanks guys!!

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, now for a real nutcase to crack.
I would prefer to use the small Sig, but it won't update with correct information.

Here is a picture of both signatures as currently displayed after doing an update.
Please note the discrepancy in levels and SL...

[IMG]http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j356/zenshai/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Can you tell me what causes this?

[quote name='Zenshau' timestamp='1307474532' post='41830']
Ok, now for a real nutcase to crack.
I would prefer to use the small Sig, but it won't update with correct information.

Here is a picture of both signatures as currently displayed after doing an update.
Please note the discrepancy in levels and SL...

[IMG]http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j356/zenshai/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Can you tell me what causes this?
[/quote]

u dint click on the small sig to update it? just guessing

Looks like Rez beat Riz to it. You have to click on the image type you are updating. So if you want to update the smaller one, that is the one you have to click. I have also noticed it doesn't like updating as well with Google Chrome (which is my choice for browser) so if you use it too, you may need to temp use IE, or do it a few times.

I have a question about the sig machine, I have 2 accounts both with the same email linked to them, I can update the sig from the main account, but when I sign out and log in as the second one on this website I access the first accounts charachters in the sig creater but not the second account. I dont know if it pulls the charachters using the email since that is the shared link or if it is something else. Should I put in a different email for the second account or is there something else crossed in the database here.

[quote name='Canadianbones' timestamp='1307499423' post='41853']
I have a question about the sig machine, I have 2 accounts both with the same email linked to them, I can update the sig from the main account, but when I sign out and log in as the second one on this website I access the first accounts charachters in the sig creater but not the second account. I dont know if it pulls the charachters using the email since that is the shared link or if it is something else. Should I put in a different email for the second account or is there something else crossed in the database here.
[/quote]

You may need to completely delete your login cookie to have it allow you to log into the second account.

[quote name='Zenshau' timestamp='1307535112' post='41870']
ok thanks! that is what I needed to know. hopefully everything is working right now
[/quote]

As others mentioned you need to make sure you update the specific sig in question - however, even after doing so sometimes the previous image might remain in your browser's cache. In these cases force the browser to refresh (typically the F5 key) and you should see the updated image.

• 3 weeks later...