Terran made engines

I'm still not sure what the original devs were thinking in making the Terrans having the fastest engines but requiring them to have the highest signature. One would think if one can make it go fast, it can also make it go quiet. You think they were all Nascar fans or something where fast = loud. One would think that the Progen would be the loudest engines as they are not adept at making them efficient. Yes I know other equipment can quiet things down like aftermarket parts, but the thing is that it shouldn't have to be that way for the masters of engines. Heck even the Jenpie shields attempt to counter their sucktatude with a helpful buff that's self stackable with equip and activated aspects.

It almost breaks down like this:

Terrans = Ferrari (certainly fast and loud and flashy)

Progen = Ford (Could be fast yes... eventually)

Jenquai = Tesla (even their thrust trails resemble electric currant)

I'm still not sure what the original devs were thinking in making the Terrans having the fastest engines but requiring them to have the highest signature. One would think if one can make it go fast, it can also make it go quiet. You think they were all Nascar fans or something where fast = loud. One would think that the Progen would be the loudest engines as they are not adept at making them efficient. Yes I know other equipment can quiet things down like aftermarket parts, but the thing is that it shouldn't have to be that way for the masters of engines. Heck even the Jenpie shields attempt to counter their sucktatude with a helpful buff that's self stackable with equip and activated aspects.

Terrans = Ferrari (certainly fast and loud and flashy)

Progen = Ford (Could be fast yes... eventually)

Jenquai = Tesla (even their thrust trails resemble electric currant)

I tend to agree, at least as far as your engine's signature goes compared to Progen. I don't think that Terran Engines should be of lower signature than Jenquai engines (since Jenquai are about stealth), but Terran engines should tend to out perform Jenquai engines in all other aspects by a noticable amount. Terran engines should probably have more travel related buffs on them then now. Jenquai engines shuould be more stealthy than Terran ones, but should be othewise average in performance. Progen engines should tend to have above average sigs and below average performance.

i'm not so sure that sig is such a big deal (except on maybe TS who could use a sig reduction for mining) on terran engines... since terrans fight from a distance... but its the buffs... our combat buffs are redundant... a falcon engine paired with a nova reactor just gives more wasted range, a warp buff just overlaps with our devices or travel reactor...

what we need is turbo earlier on and a missle energy reduction buff AND more impulse speed (I mean signifcantly more) on terran only engines... its the crappy buffs that make engine building a waste of time cuz the options and applications are so limited...

however, I have been down this road of complaining about engines before and these posts usually get blantently ignored... I almost think the devs have an auto ignore option where any post with engine with it gets blacklisted...

nice try with the new post though... however, engines are the blackhole of the game

You think they were all Nascar fans or something where fast = loud.

LOL. They are Terran (from Earth), after all. Although, I always assumed the bogriel would be more "Nascar" themed. They are hicks, after all.

Terrans = Nascar Race Car (certainly fast, loud, and flashy)

Progen = Hoda Civic w/ a "Fart-Can" muffler (Not fast, but loud)

Jenquai = Electric Car (Hence, why they are so quiet)

I had to modify it for more accuracy. :)

- Marco

LOL. They are Terran (from Earth), after all. Although, I always assumed the bogriel would be more "Nascar" themed. They are hicks, after all.

I had to modify it for more accuracy. :)

- Marco

Okay that's too funny.

@Avani we shouldn't get ML energy conservation as energy is our weakness, aside from other race's devices or equipment. Though what we should have is 2 different line of engines. Or to make it any better just 2 lvl 9 engines, rewards from long tedious missions like the Cygni Express but instead of the equipment they only get the blueprints. This way build engines isn't a throwaway skill anymore as some consider it.

One for the trade runs with encompass the RR+ and Laz buffs inside the engine itself. Low warp cost, activation and high speed, high signature cause who cares about how flashy you are when you are going from gate to gate and a lower thrust rate why not toss in increase mass for a slower turn rate, we're passing warp navigation pylons here not running a slalom. (Though if we could drift around them that would rawk)

Then we have the one for combat which will have a lower signature not much higher then 4 (some mobs have great eye sight that can't always be avoided so best to take them out 1 at a time) with the buffs from sharkfins and cat's paws. Better thrusting, better turn rates. This way we can either keep out of reach very well or allow us to zip in debuff and then get out with some damage taken.

These simple little changes will greatly alter play styles as how I remembered it was activate model Z shield (for equip buff) hit the long term buffs, swap out then for mid term ones, then equip the passives. When buffs wore off do it all over again.

The way I see it is every race should have ubar item that only they can use. The best reactors can't be touched by anyone but Jenpies, no shields come close to the Progen, and yet who really uses lvl 9 Terran engines? Most go to 5, stop to fill everything else out then up it when they have extra points to spend.

Adding the blueprint for a lvl 9 Solar Sail with Scout-oriented buffs might encourage engine builders. Make the Blueprint a mission reward for, say, the lvl 135 HU.....just a thought

Adding the blueprint for a lvl 9 Solar Sail with Scout-oriented buffs might encourage engine builders. Make the Blueprint a mission reward for, say, the lvl 135 HU.....just a thought

now you talking :)

ml eng conv was just a suggestion... and what does turn rate do anyway? I mean i can easily stay behind any beamer mob I fight and what do they do in return... fire shots outta there rear and hit me anyway... the reason I suggested ml eng conv is cuz giving turbo is useless without it... we already have reactor issues...

bascially like you kinds hinted at saying is we look real sexy gate to gate with Low warp cost, activation and high speed... but who cares... give me a real reason to take engines to max and make the other classes jealous at the same time that they cant have it and now we are talking engines...

hell put out an engine with prospect for the TS... or whatever... bottom line is engines need huge work as build engines IS a throw away skill

ps.... oh and being able to drift in warp would rawk

I dislike the notion that Progen engines have to have high signatures and below-average performance -- if that were always the case, the Spartan engine line would go out of business since we'd all be buying GETCo. Compare two engines of the same level and quality: A high-signature (relative to all engines) Terran engine, and an average-signature Progen engine. The two will probably end up with similar footprints, but the Terran will almost certainly be faster and more manoeuvrable. Progen already have the highest base signature values, so I would suggest that Terran and Progen engines be roughly equivalent in terms of signature. The former should be oriented towards warp speed and charging; the latter towards combat buffs and thrust speed to perhaps compensate for the Progen's massive ships.

The game balance in six words breaks down to: Terran, fast; Progen, strong; Jenquai, stealthy. Engines can't really be "strong", so the reasonable answer, I think, is to make Spartan engines with below average warp speed, above-average or average thrust speed, average signature, and maybe a Progen-oriented buff or two -- which is more or less how the situation is now.

LvL 9 solar sails...Lmao.

Terrans dont care about signature so much, low sig is only a bonus really but not vital to combat.

What is really important is the buffs. These are the buffs on the level 9 Terran engines:

Golden Eagle:

Increase maneuverability

Boost missile range

Hunting Hawk:

Increase maneuverability

Equipment damage magnification: Engine

Clysedale:

Reduce warp cost

Warp charge

Now, maneuverability is unimportant since you have a 360 degrees firing arc as a Terran.

Boost missile range also appears on level 8 Supernova reactor, and level 9 Model Z shield.

Reduce warp cost is unimportant, and warp charge already appears on the Lazarus device.

Therefore all the buffs on these Terran engines are completely useless.

Jenquai engines however, are much more usable : one has Hull damage control, the other signature reduction, together with a low base signature for both. Therefore the Jenquai are the best engine builders by far. And one could argue that hull damage control actually belongs more on a progen engine than a jenquai since no jenquai has hull damage control as a skill. (WTF were westwood devs thinking?)

Several non-manuf level 8 engines tend to have a whole list of buffs which make the playermade engines look silly.

Added to that finding an engine builder is not too easy so if you somehow want an inferior playermade engine you would have to go to lengths to get one.

Conclusion: Terran engines suck hard. Playermade engines are inferior to non-manuf ones. Build engines blows.

I agree that sig isn't that important....and buffs are...that's why i mentioned solar sail....if a lvl 9 followed suit with the lvl 8 and had an increase to the device energy conservation...well...that's just what i'd call useful for terrans that are handicapped energy-wise.

Instead of energy conserve on an engine for Terrans, how about ask the nice Seeker next door to cast max reactor optimization on you, which would increase your reactor capacity by 25% and your recharge by 20%. Perhaps even take her along with you to hunt. Scouts probably won't need an engine with a prospect buff, they can already get them from miner devices, sculptor devices, L8 Golden Tooth, and when they reach L8 shields, the Hyperian Frontier's Friend, which has a prospect and scan buff, along with buffs to hacking and reactor cap. More go fast engines for Terrans (both warp & impulse), definitely, but I think most of them should be Terran type buffs, such as speed, missile range buffs, perhaps a Missile handling buff, (would love to see more equipment with race orientated weapon handling buffs for both primary & secondary race weapons). I won't argue agianst more variety on Terran Engines, Terrans should, IMO, have the most options on good engines, while Progen have the least and Jenquai in the middle. (On reactors should be Jenquai>Progen>Terran, and on Shields Progen>Terran>Jenquai). I don't think that Terran engines should have energy buffs on them, but they should have most Terran orientated buffs on them, and on the rarer ones, a few Progen type buffs.

On L9 Engines, only Terrans can use them, everyone else stops at L8. JT was recently modified with L9 Devices & L8 Engines when she got her new skill. IMO L9 engines & L8 Devices or L9 devices & L8 Engines on the JT works fine either way (one way favors her being a Trader by profession, the other way favors her Explorer racial traits for being a Jenquai). In Live having a L8 engine would allow you to warp through at least some gravity wells, saw a PE do it with a Reinforced Solar sail on the grav well in SE. (past Jade Maw, on the way to where the derfressers spawn)

On base sig, Progen and Terran are equal. 2.5 sig before the engine is installed. Jenquai get 0.5 base sig before installation of engine and our engines usually have low sigs, with some exceptions like the Pegasus which has a sig of 2.5 @ L5, because we do the stealth thing.

I'd love to see a Scout get a special Scout only L9 engine with sig that's closer to a Jenquai engine with a sig reduction buff, but in order to get him to pick it over a Jenquai L9 Trifid engine, or a L8 Solar Sail, it needs to have something else going for it. Scout already has a Prospect buff on his L8 Shield, so it has to be something different. Like say an Afterburn buff, after that skill is implemented. (Could even be a line of Scout Only engines with said buff).

A level 9 Solar Sail, would be nice too, then again I think that the Solar Sail should be a complete line of engines. All of them except the one that's a reward for the Zeke mission being manufacturable. They're one of the better engine lines, IMO. The L9 one could either have an additional buff, or simply a greater degree of the buffs on the 8, or both.

I totally support missions that have recipes for items, not just engines, as mission rewards. Some may be bonus missions for hull upgrades, with a really good one at OL135. Between your OL135 Hull Upgrade bonus mission, and your affiliation skill (also OL135 mission), which would give you long missions that you should be 150 or close to it when you finish both missions. Perhaps as a reward for completing said mission you should get a race item that is very desirable, maybe even uber, that allows you to build it for yourself (but not trade it) so long as you have at least 1 build skill. For Terrans it would be an Engine, for Progen a Shield, and for Jenquai a Reactor. (or such a mission could be done at OL150.) Others may be missions like the Zach mission from live that PE, JE, and TT did. As a reward it gave a print for a mini-line of devices, shields, and reactors. Everyone who completed it could build the components that were specifically used in completion of that device (regardless of class), and 2 of the 3 items depending on your build skills. PE & TT could build the Device & Shield but not the reactor, JE could build the device & Reactor but not the shield. If PT were added they could build the Reactor & Shield, but not the device. Other classes wouldn't likely find this mission beneficial as it was in live.

Missions with recipe rewards would often be of the find an NPC, do a long and drawn out mission, get a disk that gives you a recipe for for a few prints. Said prints would be available only to those who complete the mission, but in most cases would be things that the person who completes the mission could sell. There could be a mission for all Terrans and the JT that give 3 engines as recipe rewards. Each engine would be intended for, and useable by only 1 race. Each engine would have 1 buff that's rare for that race, 1 buff that's uncommon for that race, and 1 common buff. The Terran one would be fast, in both warp and impulse, while having a moderate sig, the Jenquai one would be moderate in speed/warp, wiht a very low sig, and the Progen would have a moderate sig, but be a little slow but better than Sparta engines of the same level.

In Live with the warp cap of 5000 (unless you have the special device that allowed you to exceed the warp cap) there wasn't much reason to go beyon L5 engines. L5 would warp through the grav well that surrounded DCO (but not any others, that I was aware of, which would require L8 engines) and with a PM Unicorn Reactor and a RR+ would put you at the warp cap. In Emulator, if there's a warp cap, I haven't reached it with any of my toons. Perhaps if there is a cap of 6500 or higher, maybe people will invest skill points into higher engine tech. Or give additional buffs on higher level engines, or some other reward for those players who raise Engine Tech above L5 that are not readily obtainable by their race on engines. Just don't make the tradeoff too high or people won't use them. Jenquai need low sigs, Progen need strong shields/hulls good weapons, Terrans need speed, engines that run counter to those things, won't be popular with their respective races.

Edit: On the Mercurius/Halley/Trifid line of engines, in terms of sig, are most beneficial to Terrans, because they, take away more of the base sig, than they add from their own sig. So if you have a Terran toon and no other sig buffs/debuffs, you would have a lower sig with a Trifid, than you would with a L9 Solar Sail. If you are a Jenquai, a Trifid adds more sig than it takes away, so you're better off with a Solar Sail. If the JT could use L9 engines, they would be one of the biggest users of a L9 SS, but the Scout might also do so for the device energy conserve, and the reactor renewal buffs. (reactor renewal stacks with reactor recharge).

I meant but did not say an activate prospect buff on a TS engine... so it would stack... and this is not about what other class you have in group with you... this is about engines as a stand alone item... of course if I wanted too... I could recruit a TE, JE, PT, TT or <insert class here> to get buffs

I meant but did not say an activate prospect buff on a TS engine... so it would stack... and this is not about what other class you have in group with you... this is about engines as a stand alone item... of course if I wanted too... I could recruit a TE, JE, PT, TT or <insert class here> to get buffs

With max prospect, and 1 of the following PM items, a Golden Tooth, L8+ Sculptor, Hyperian Frontier's Friend, or L8+ Miner device, they would be at the buff cap (you cannot buff prospect skill beyond the equivalent of L10 in terms of energy/time requirements to mine). There would be no point to an activated Prospect buff for any of the Explorer classes at L7 prospect, buffs to reactor cap/recharge would be more effective. Prospect buffs do not affect the use of the Refine terminal (L7 Prospect required to refine L8 and L9 ores).

I'd love to see a Scout get a special Scout only L9 engine with sig that's closer to a Jenquai engine with a sig reduction buff, but in order to get him to pick it over a Jenquai L9 Trifid engine, or a L8 Solar Sail, it needs to have something else going for it. Scout already has a Prospect buff on his L8 Shield, so it has to be something different. Like say an Afterburn buff, after that skill is implemented. (Could even be a line of Scout Only engines with said buff).

Terrell, what you are doing is picking the gear for people.

What people actually want is a choice of what to pick. Not just those imba items you suggest.

A level 9 Solar Sail, would be nice too, then again I think that the Solar Sail should be a complete line of engines. All of them except the one that's a reward for the Zeke mission being manufacturable. They're one of the better engine lines, IMO. The L9 one could either have an additional buff, or simply a greater degree of the buffs on the 8, or both.
How is this going to help anything???

All it's going to do is make one uber manufacturable engine that is definitely going to be taken over all the other current crap ones.

A good example of this are class only items such as Defender's Doumaru, Veiled Oyoroi and Sharim prototype shield. What these items do is force a person to use it because it is so stacked with extremely useful buffs that nothing can top it.

Back on the topic of Terran engines.

It is obvious that the engines along with other crap manufacturable gear were designed early on, that is before the addition of those items featuring lists of buffs.

Whoever has done the OCD quest and knows the loot will have found that the stuff dropped from the zenrei tempest is very out of date, with buffs such as a level 9 projectile with 25% or so turbo weapons.

Gear like that from the OCD quest as well as most manufacturable items, are all "old gear". This old gear is lower in stats, has very few buffs, contains a lot of useless buffs if they do have them, and are generally obsolete.

This is in contary to what could be referred to as "new gear", stuff added later on such as the Ghost's edge and Defender's pride beams, or those class-only shields for jenquai. These have better stats, many and especially useful buffs.

Clearly there is a huge gap caused by old items not being updated, which means Terran engines are useless.

If old gear is not updated it might as well not be ingame, because other than the novelty value of being able to get it analyzed, nobody is going to use it.

Terrell, what you are doing is picking the gear for people.

What people actually want is a choice of what to pick. Not just those imba items you suggest.

How is a L9 engine that's a little better than a Trifid, with a reduce sig & Afterburn buff imbalanced? A Scout will likely have that buff (afterburn) on other equipment to choose from (all skills should be buffed by at least 1 piece of equipment available to the class that has the skill, something that was missing for some skills in Live). It's not their only choice, if they could get it on an engine, rather than say a device, reactor, shield, or weapon.

How about suggesting some engine lines that might actually make the skill better? As to the SS8 for a Jenquai there's nothing wrong with it and I suspect that most Terrans given their energy problems like it too. Even if SS8 only had 1 buff, reactor renewal, it would be popular with everyone who could use it, it's a stackable reactor buff and it has zero sig. I doubt a Progen Sentinel would have a problem with it either. It makes Jenquai even more energy efficent, and helps the sentinel in that matter as well. There's not much you can do with engines to make the build skill better that doesn't involve introducing more engines that are desirable to choose from. Jenquai aren't going to buy high sig engines from anyone to hunt. At least not one that wants to be able to sneak up on things, and fight one mob without his buddies seeing him. (Stealth = survival for a JQ).

If there are to be people buying engines higher than L5, then there needs to be something that is good enough for them to consider spending the skill points in Engines and then buying. Even a line of 0sig engines that had NO buffs and average performance per level would sell, at least to Jenquai, that alone would make it better than the Mercurius/Halley/Trifid line from a JQ point of view. (and no it's not unbalanced for Jenquai race to have 0 signature engines, we're supposed to kill stealthily, and we have to decloak to kill). I'm pretty sure any Terran Scout who had an SS8 would be very pleased with it. I don't really think that 1-3 useful buffs on an engine is necessarily imbalanced. Especially if one of the buffs is hard to find in your race's equipment. (Since Terrans are 3 of the 4 the engine building classes, for the skill to be better there have to be desirable engines for all races & classes, for you to have the largest market possible on an item that most players won't carry more than 2 of. (Many things that can be obtained on Devices, and Weapons, not to mention shields and reactors. No buffs means less desirablity. The L9 ones are automatically Terran Only as only Terrans can use L9 engines at this time)

BTW, I don't think new equipment should be limited to items I suggest. If there are multiple types of new equipment that's at least good and useful, people will have choices. At the very least the Scout would have the choice of a Trifid, a SS8, even an SS9 if implemented, or the Mordana engine (the Crystalline one) any other engine in game, and any non-manu engine. As well as those non-manu engines like the blackbeard drops, and any other engines that are available. For the build engine skill to be better, there have to be more engines to choose from and they have to be up to date with other items (performance, sig, buffs). The things I suggest are simply a start, not a be all and end all. How about you suggest some item lines before you complain about my item suggestions?

How is this going to help anything???

All it's going to do is make one uber manufacturable engine that is definitely going to be taken over all the other current crap ones.

That simply means that more manufacturable engines have to be made not just the ones that currently exist. One could also reduce the drop rates of the uber engines. I would oppose eliminating them. If most of the current ones are crap, the only way they'll be replaced is to make better ones. Not all of them are all that bad. For travel the Breton for low level players, the Welsh and Palomino, (as they level up) are good. I just wouldn't use them for combat. For combat the Bogeril make the best engines, bar none. The Mordana make one very good one that only Terrans can use, most of them. I don't see too many Terrans that aren't willing to use a Mercurius/Halley/or Trifid engine, until they can find something better. (Vendor equipment is meant to hold you over until you get something better, though some vendor stuff is pretty decent).

Quote Tyran:

A good example of this are class only items such as Defender's Doumaru, Veiled Oyoroi and Sharim prototype shield. What these items do is force a person to use it because it is so stacked with extremely useful buffs that nothing can top it.

End Quote:

The main reasons those shields exist, is that the classes that use them don't get L9 shields and most of the other L8 shields are inferior, rare, non-manu, or both of the last 2. They're about as good as it gets for us. Now if you want to put more useful and manufacturable L8 shields in game, they might have some competition for L8 shields with different buffs so long as said buffs are useful (especially hard to find in-race buffs). Much like the Vulture reactor was made for the Progen Sentinel because his L8 reactors were inadequate to the Sentinel's needs. They are designed for general purpose use by the classes that get them. A Jenquai (or Terran Scout) with their class specific shield, still has the same weaknesses of poor shields, and weak hulls. We simply become more able to do the tasks to which our classes are assigned.

Quote Tyran:

Back on the topic of Terran engines.

It is obvious that the engines along with other crap manufacturable gear were designed early on, that is before the addition of those items featuring lists of buffs.

End Quote:

Yeah, so how do you propose we improve them? Its going to require items that have either better stats, better buffs, or both. I'm all for improving the engines, with useful buffs. Engines though aren't an item that most players are going to carry more than 2 of, so they need to be good enough that people will buy them. One for travel, (high warp), one for combat or if applicable mining. Lower sig, if available useful buffs. Explorers aren't going to have 1 engine for mining, one for combat, and one for travel (Explorers includes Scout & Sentinel). The buffs that cover mining & Combat are better covered by changing a device or weapon.

Quote Tyran:

Whoever has done the OCD quest and knows the loot will have found that the stuff dropped from the zenrei tempest is very out of date, with buffs such as a level 9 projectile with 25% or so turbo weapons.

Gear like that from the OCD quest as well as most manufacturable items, are all "old gear". This old gear is lower in stats, has very few buffs, contains a lot of useless buffs if they do have them, and are generally obsolete.

This is in contary to what could be referred to as "new gear", stuff added later on such as the Ghost's edge and Defender's pride beams, or those class-only shields for jenquai. These have better stats, many and especially useful buffs.

Clearly there is a huge gap caused by old items not being updated, which means Terran engines are useless.

If old gear is not updated it might as well not be ingame, because other than the novelty value of being able to get it analyzed, nobody is going to use it.

End Quote:

The Ghost's Edge beam had one fatal flaw from the POV of a JE. It was energy, and useless in orefields guarded by Manes (one of the most common orefield guardians, in many of hte best orefields). Also the buffs on a GE were Cloak, Scan, and Reactor recharge, all of which are common for a JQ. the DP was so that JWs had another Plasma beam to choose from. My JE got very little use of his GE, due to energy immunity of the mob I most frequently faced in guarded orefields. Many mobs are resistant to Energy, and JQ beams are very energy heavy. Also of the JQ only the JT can readily debuff energy. JE/JW have more access to plasma debuffers than energy ones.

So why not make Terran engines up to the specs & desirablity of "new gear" and make plenty of different lines, or at least something inbetween old and new? Maybe then build engines would be a better skill. The New gear isn't going away nor should it. Design engines that people want, and they will buy them. But it likely would have to be done with buffs, more impusle speed & decent sigs especially if the warp cap were to return.

If the norm for engines were to have decent performance by the standards of the race that makes them, and 1 useful buff (to their race), It would likely be an improvement over the current engines.

If you're against the equipment I propose, propose a better way. Propose some engines you think should be in game. Include buffs, general stats, and applicable race/class restrictions.

Not very many blocks of quoted text allowed.

BTW for those that asked about turn rate, that gives you your missile defense. Granted not a lot of mobs use missiles.

And why should Progen engines be the worst? Cause it's their racial weakness, they should no way be even close to Terran engines in performance. You can't build them yourself, and your trader can't even go past level 8.

the need for new engines in general or the addition of buffs to existing engines is an often beaten horse especially when it comes to the high end. i agree for the most part with many sentiments expressed here, but to throw in my 2 cents... in live level 8 engines allowed for warping through many grav wells which is not implimented yet, level 8 engines were the max for most classes so it made sense that there were a number of good engines at that level though the SS8 was far and away everyone's favorite once it was added in the very late game, the level 8 loot only engines are fantastic for most people at this point so there is little reason to search out player made ones.

what i'd like to see is many level 5+ engines gain buffs as that's when devices and weapons gain more buffs on average and i'd like to see rare for terran buffs added to high end engines. at the moment TE's have no real problem with crit rate as they have level 5 crit targeting and a crit buff from rally, but terans in general have a hard time getting a crit targeting buff, a buff that is built in to many mid range and high end progen and jenquai weapons and equipment. for terans their only options are the prototype dark matter launcher at level 9 that isn't in game yet, some celestial warder drops that aren't in game yet and even when they are are fairly rare, or the deadly breeze which as an engine underperforms thrust wise what many other engine and buff combinations will do. other buff options i'd like to see would be hull damage controll as TT's especially end up being the focus of fire and will be more so when mob AI is reworked, also atm the smugglers recourse is a fantastic buffing item for TT's one used even in end game raids in live for its buffs, perhaps it would be appropriate to add reactor cap increase or shield recharge skill buffs to engines, atm the prismatic dragon wing controller drop engine does have that buff but as it is the only really usefull buff on the otherwise mediocre engine it is really more a novelty.

i still think if any of my buff seggestions were implimented with decent performance on thrust and warp that they'd be often looked over for the SS8 as it is such an amazing engine with a secondary stacking equiped reactor recharge buff and device energy conservation. on my teran toons i don't care about sig at all so that is not a consideration in my decission making, but to get people to look past the SS8 and to get terans to go past level 8 engines for more than spending points on an otherwise maxed toon you'd have to really do something special.