Need More Mob Spawns to Gain Faction

Good News: Was just in Muspelheim behind Surti Alpha bombing away on some insta-spawn Chavez (thx Tien)

Bad News: After I got about 3 of them, I got one bad opcode and game froze and now stuck on Map screen after logging in again.

Worse News: I come back after about 20 min, spawn is completely cleared out, I have an 18k xp debt, and only gained about 15 faction points. This faction grind has officially gone from annoying to %$##ing me off. I am now officially beating a dead horse, but it does not make any sense to stress test faction grinding when not everything that will be available to gain RD faction when the game goes live is not currently in the game.

Edited by Grendwal

Good News: Was just in Muspelheim behind Surti Alpha bombing away on some insta-spawn Chavez (thx Tien)

Bad News: After I got about 3 of them, I got one bad opcode and game froze and now stuck on Map screen after logging in again.

Worse News: I come back after about 20 min, spawn is completely cleared out, I have an 18k xp debt, and only gained about 15 faction points. This faction grind has officially gone from annoying to %$##ing me off. I am now officially beating a dead horse, but it does not make any sense to stress test faction grinding when not everything that will be available to gain RD faction when the game goes live is not currently in the game.

Okie doke... this is the server status thread, lol. I would suggest making this a separate topic next time.

When we go to actually test faction stuff (read: possibly now) it may be necessary to test each facet of the system even if some of the rest of it doesn't work Grendwal, if we didn't do it this way we'd never find the bugs that do exist.

We realize it's annoying, but we want it to work. The only way we can make it work is to provide something for everyone to complain about, because that tells us where we went wrong. If we mask the problem indefinitely by allowing everyone to use those gates for convenience we'll never get anywhere. :D

If we mask the problem indefinitely by allowing everyone to use those gates for convenience we'll never get anywhere. :D

Just to be clear, I am not wanting the gates re-opened, I prefer to have them factioned. I would like to see more mob spawns to help get there. Especially since group faction is not working, it is difficult to find a spawn point that is not being camped by one or more toons and since whoever gets the kill gets the faction, if I am sitting on a spawn point and a bigger ship comes in and starts farming, I get nothing. I don't mind grinding for several hours to gain faction, but I do mind spending the couple of hours that I have available to play this game, just warping around trying to find a spawn point that isn't already being camped and come up empty. (I wouldn't be so annoyed, but I am half-way through a mission I picked up in Paramis before the gates got factioned and would like to finish it)

So my suggestions are A) fix the group faction or B ) add some more spawns for people to get RD faction or C) more static RD faction gain missions.

CDel, you are right, my original post was just going to be about the opcode error and getting stuck on the map screen, the game was acting like it does when the server drops, and it kind of morphed into this other subject, so if someone has the ability, please move these posts into a separate thread.

Edited by Grendwal

CDel, you are right, my original post was just going to be about the opcode error and getting stuck on the map screen, the game was acting like it does when the server drops, and it kind of morphed into this other subject, so if someone has the ability, please move these posts into a separate thread.

No worries. I understand how that can happen. I've split off the topic for you. The topic might even get more attention this way.

No worries. I understand how that can happen. I've split off the topic for you. The topic might even get more attention this way.

https://enb-emulator....https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/3628-faction-status/ maybe merge it with this one?

Edited by CptGemini

Just to be clear, I am not wanting the gates re-opened, I prefer to have them factioned. I would like to see more mob spawns to help get there.  Especially since group faction is not working, it is difficult to find a spawn point that is not being camped by one or more toons and since whoever gets the kill gets the faction, if I am sitting on a spawn point and a bigger ship comes in and starts farming, I get nothing.  I don't mind grinding for several hours to gain faction, but I do mind spending the couple of hours that I have available to play this game, just warping around trying to find a spawn point that isn't already being camped and come up empty. (I wouldn't be so annoyed, but I am half-way through a mission I picked up in Paramis before the gates got factioned and would like to finish it)

So my suggestions are A) fix the group faction or B ) add some more spawns for people to get RD faction or C) more static RD faction gain missions.

I'm already working on some faction spawns with many mobs and really short respawn time.

I hope i can get them in for the next patch, but for sure the one after the coming one.

The thing with camped spawns, i don't know how and where you tried to get faction, but i got the RD faction down to -1900 from -7000 and Bogeril to about +2000, also Anseria in green all in about 3 days, and nothing was camped.(with my normal play account)

Atleast i can say the factions are working and there are some good spots to get the RD faction.

Also not only chavez give RD faction. Maybe you want to have a look at other Factions to kill. If you need an example, EarthCorps.....

The existing spawns are not finished yet so have a bit patience.

I'm looking atm for all spawns in Beta Hydri and Aragoth.

It's a slow task to test them all, if they spawn fast enough or if there are enough mobs over the time.

But as i said, right now it is already possible in 3 days to get access to the RD Gates.

greets

Hexergirl

• Upvote 1

I'm already working on some faction spawns with many mobs and really short respawn time.

I hope i can get them in for the next patch, but for sure the one after the coming one.

The thing with camped spawns, i don't know how and where you tried to get faction, but i got the RD faction down to -1900 from -7000 and Bogeril to about +2000, also Anseria in green all in about 3 days, and nothing was camped.(with my normal play account)

Atleast i can say the factions are working and there are some good spots to get the RD faction.

Also not only chavez give RD faction. Maybe you want to have a look at other Factions to kill. If you need an example, EarthCorps.....

It's a slow task to test them all, if they spawn fast enough or if there are enough mobs over the time.

But as i said, right now it is already possible in 3 days to get access to the RD Gates.

greets

Hexergirl

Your ability to find open, uncamped spawns may be due to when you logged in. I'm on the east coast, and when I've finally gotten everything I need to do around the house done and can log in and play, it was rather difficult the first week or so finding spawns for faction. I agree there ARE other mobs one can farm other than Chavez, but as Chavez give Bogeril faction, and DT is 'around the corner' it doesn't make much sense to farm anything other than Chavez.

Now that some time has passed since the gates were faction closed, I have noticed that the "open-ness" of spawns is more largely due to the fact that a lot of folks have stopped logging in to play their high levels more than anything. I've seen more folks working new toons or just taking a break. What does this absence of high levels mean? I don't know, but something's happening...

• Upvote 1

Work on the Jobs some, make all jobs give faction with their sponsor, not just the Explore ones. This will help, in more ways than one. It allows those of us who would like to get pirate faction, to spread out over several things that give said faction, by being able to work up whatever factions we damage in getting RD faction. Perhaps the jobs could give a little more faction then they currently do.

Perhaps we could do it like this:

L150 jobs: +40 faction with sponsor

L135 jobs: +35 faction with sponsor

L105 jobs: +30 faction with sponsor

L75 Jobs: +25 faction with sponsor

L50 Jobs: +20 faction with sponsor

Since we have classes that start at -9000 RD comapred to everyone starting around -5000 I don't think it's too bad to give a little more faction for the things that earn faction. Same with the V'rix, which everyone started neutral with until the Progen declared war on them, where then people lost faction (a specific amount) with them on existing chars, and new chars started somewhere between -2000 & -5000.

While I like the idea of free-for all faction at at least some stations, I don't think it should be the case for all stations. I think we should keep the free for all nature in Aragoth Station, just like it was in Live, I think Net-7 and F7 would be good choices as well for free for all sponsorship of jobs (make sure these 3 stations don't offer the same level of job until stations can offer multiple levels of jobs). Same with any station with "highport" in it's name though. Other neutral stations should be more of this nature as well, but possibly with a slight lean towards the people who built the station and their immediate allies.

Most stations should offer jobs from 1-3 sponsors that are commonplace, and maybe 1-3 that are rare. So if you were jobbing from Paren Station, most jobs there should be Sha'ha'dem, Shinwa and Sharim should get most of the rest. Then perhaps an occasional job from other factions the Jenquai seem to like like Psionics.

Factions like RD, Chavez, Anseria, should be possible at any terminal, in small quantites, but there should be some stations, like Charon Cloister, that are more likely to have jobs by these factions in greater abundance.

Missions to help other factions should IMO award positive faction with the faction that the NPC giving the mission belongs to, since you're doing them a favor. Whether or not another faction is adversly affected should depend on the nature of the mission in question. You should have the option to take missions that both raise faction with one, while lowering faction with another, bigger payouts in terms of faction adjustment, credits & XP, and missions that only raise one faction, don't harm others, but have smaller rewards in terms of faction adjustment, credits, and XP.

This would give players options allowing them to decide whether or not they want to take sides, try to be as friendly as possible to as many as possible, or any shade in between. There should be varying benefits to those different possible courses.

I'd also like to propose a lottery span of a high level named mob (CL66) at certain camps that spawns after a certain number of lowbie mobs have been killed.

Assuming a player isn't deep in the red to that mob's faction, it should leave players alone until it is attacked (i.e. no social aggro with its lowbie cousins)

The mob would have either an empty loot table, or perhaps some L8/L9 rare loot (ABCD comps perhaps).. the main point of attacking it would be a 500-point positive faction adjustment for killing it and its minions. These mobs should be rather difficult to kill by only one player)

Attacking the CL66 boss would spawn four minions who buff the "boss" and each other.

Faction awards totaling 500 points for killing the boss and its minions: 200 for the cl66, and 75 each for the four CL60 minions.

A player (with great difficulty) could either solo these mobs, or bring a group along to quickly dispense of the minions, with the group members moderating their DPS so as ensure the intended person gets the faction for killing a particular minion or boss).

Killing the boss first would cause the minions to "flee" to the sector borders, or drive them into a fanatical frenzy (defense stats down, attack stats up) depending upon the faction the mob belongs to.

Unrelated note:

Make capital ships in the homeworlds (Mars/Jupiter/earth) or the near worlds (such as that fleet of CL60s tailing the Progen battlecruiser in Tarsus) worth 50 to 100 faction a pop.

greets

Hexergirl

First of all +1000 for working in some more spawns, that will be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, could you clarify the 3 days to get RD faction? Is that 3 days at 8 hours a day? 4 hours a day? Did you do this test before the gates were factioned again? Similar to what Fuulish was saying, I'm in central time zone and the time of day that I am able to get on is usually about the busiest time of the server (180 - 200+ toons logged in).

And Chavez is the only way to go if DT is going to be brought on as a factioned gate. I know of EC being another option (the spawn with the 12's and 27's has been camped pretty regularly lately also), and your own class, but I am not aware of any other mobs that give RD faction.

And Chavez is the only way to go if DT is going to be brought on as a factioned gate. I know of EC being another option (the spawn with the 12's and 27's has been camped pretty regularly lately also), and your own class, but I am not aware of any other mobs that give RD faction.

We probably could use an up-to-date faction table. According to the one at earthandbeyond.ca, A Jenquai Seeker could not improve her RD faction by killing Sharim mobs, as killing either RD or Sharim mobs hurt your faction with both groups.

post-2530-086933300 1289661940_thumb.gif

Tested using a JE, killing Sha'ha'dem may not give everyone RD faction.

Hyperia/Collegia have no mobs that I could find to test.

Unknown wasnt affected by anything.

Renegade Progen is decreased only by killing centuriata, couldnt find anything that would raise it.

Moto factions are exclusive to each other.

post-2530-086933300 1289661940_thumb.gif

First of all +1000 for working in some more spawns, that will be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, could you clarify the 3 days to get RD faction?  Is that 3 days at 8 hours a day? 4 hours a day?  Did you do this test before the gates were factioned again?  Similar to what Fuulish was saying, I'm in central time zone and the time of day that I am able to get on is usually about the busiest time of the server (180 - 200+ toons logged in).

And Chavez is the only way to go if DT is going to be brought on as a factioned gate.  I know of EC being another option (the spawn with the 12's and 27's has been camped pretty regularly lately also), and your own class, but I am not aware of any other mobs that give RD faction.

I did it last week.

About 5-7 Hours a dayt. One day i know it was 7 hours. All in all you could do it in one weekend.

Always were 150+ online. And i was the only one who killed them there in the whole 3 days.

Now some were shouting that nice place on new player channel and it seems camped now, yes.

As i already said, a bit patience, there will be much more places to get faction, and there will be much more mobs, b:Dsure. ;)

What i wanted to say with that, it's not as in live, where you had to grind for weeks, and this should already be making all happy, i:huh:hink. :)

This spawn alone can get around 30 people in one month RD Faction down to yellow. So, the pace is ok, i would think.

And as it is everywhere, you can't do it nice for all.

If we have factioned gates, access shouldn't be just given away, then we don't need them factioned.

You can't have spawns for every single player, so finding a good place that isn't camped is required.

What we have right now isn't the end of the story so have a bit patience, it is going the right w;) now. ;)

greets

Hexergirl