Pleeease fix Ghost of Blackbeard loottables!

Hi folks,

First of all: sorry for complaining.

You must be getting tired of people only complaining and not being very appreciative.

So let me begin by telling you guys do an awesome job, putting so much time and effort in a free-to-play game.

I can;t express how gratefull I am being able to play this fantastic game.

Thank you thank you for bringing this game back. Been playing it now for 2 months and still skip work/food/bathroombreaks to be able to play this game 24/7.

Ok, that said: I been camping GoBB all day, killed it 7 times, died 2x, friends died 4 times.

Adding the 65 aggro is a nice little detail after the first shock I must say: very nice you scared the hell out of me when I warped int he middle of the 65's and got fried in 2 seconds.

GoBB is a lot harder now, I like it and so do my friends.

But...

As I said we killed it 7 times. 4 times we only got a component. Last kill we got Brimstone Shade XMF.

I also got the level 8 shield 2x ... and tbh the shield is not the thing most people are after. Mostly it;s the PL/Beam/ML...

My question is: can you pleeease remove the component drops?

Camping it for so long, then having a very tough battle with many casualties and then only seeing a component drop is not very rewarding.

Isn;t it possible to make it drop 1 piece of random tech (pl/ml/beam/device/engine) every time ?

This also would give others the opportunity to camp GoBB.

I kind of feel guilty camping him all day just to get a ML. I kind of rob other players who do not know his last death-time the possibility to get good loot.

So, my question: pls change loot tables slightly, no more components. This would prevent overcamping by people like me who are after a very specific item...

Once I have the ML, I'm not that interested in GoBB anymore and other people could kill him and get a great reward for a great battle :huh:

Thnx for reading!

Small edit: someone gave me the ML so my problem is solved :D

Muchos grazzias my fellow EnB player :)

Edited by Merquise

Hi folks,

First of all: sorry for complaining.

You must be getting tired of people only complaining and not being very appreciative.

So let me begin by telling you guys do an awesome job, putting so much time and effort in a free-to-play game.

I can;t express how gratefull I am being able to play this fantastic game.

Thank you thank you for bringing this game back. Been playing it now for 2 months and still skip work/food/bathroombreaks to be able to play this game 24/7.

Ok, that said: I been camping GoBB all day, killed it 7 times, died 2x, friends died 4 times.

Adding the 65 aggro is a nice little detail after the first shock I must say: very nice you scared the hell out of me when I warped int he middle of the 65's and got fried in 2 seconds.

GoBB is a lot harder now, I like it and so do my friends.

But...

As I said we killed it 7 times. 4 times we only got a component. Last kill we got Brimstone Shade XMF.

I also got the level 8 shield 2x ... and tbh the shield is not the thing most people are after. Mostly it;s the PL/Beam/ML...

My question is: can you pleeease remove the component drops?

Camping it for so long, then having a very tough battle with many casualties and then only seeing a component drop is not very rewarding.

Isn;t it possible to make it drop 1 piece of random tech (pl/ml/beam/device/engine) every time ?

This also would give others the opportunity to camp GoBB.

I kind of feel guilty camping him all day just to get a ML. I kind of rob other players who do not know his last death-time the possibility to get good loot.

So, my question: pls change loot tables slightly, no more components. This would prevent overcamping by people like me who are after a very specific item...

Once I have the ML, I'm not that interested in GoBB anymore and other people could kill him and get a great reward for a great battle :huh:

Thnx for reading!

Small edit: someone gave me the ML so my problem is solved :D

Muchos grazzias my fellow EnB player :)

There are lots of mobs that are having such problems, we are working on them as quickly as we can. We do have someone in charge of them who's working on them as often as they can with the assistance of sector leads.

There are lots of mobs that are having such problems, we are working on them as quickly as we can. We do have someone in charge of them who's working on them as often as they can with the assistance of sector leads.

I’m not writing this to start a flame war nor tell anyone what to do in the direction of the rebirth of EnB. I am writing because for the last month or so I have seen long time (relative to the Sunrise Server) returnees start to drift away. I also find myself wanting to be in game less and less, and for this reason I want to post these suggestions for maybe getting back my interest as well as possibly getting the interest back for those who have left.

First off if there is any way to quickly get the mob behavior under control. Not the new and improved AI, but how the mob behavior was at the start of ST4 and the end of ST3. The new style could still be worked on at the PTR server. I am not sure if the mobs being able to fire on players from great distances and the player not able to shoot back is part of the new AI or not but this is an aggravation that seems to not getting any better.

The second is the Dev working on mob loot, I have not seen him in game in quite a while and I think that the Manes dropping only a level II and sometimes a level I drop needs to be addressed. I have Googled EnB Mob drops and found some fan sites that have some pretty accurate dbs of what mobs dropped from close to Sunset.

Third is the Fish Bowl being the only location in the stress test of getting some comps for both ammo and weapon construction. Until the player base gets larger (enough to handle frequent raids, is there a possibility of either cheating a bit and put the drops for these supplies back into the Ten-Gu in Cooper? I know it sort of is a contradiction of the second suggestion but I just don’t see that the move of these comps has generated the desired “team work” it was touted for as for the reason for this move.

Forth, Progen missions, I know Byakhee is working hard on these missions but there seems to be a bleed over from the PTR server and live, some of the parts that don’t work have made their way to the play server and neither server work. This is IMO un-necessary confusion for players trying to play a Progen. I would suggest that the missions be pulled from the play (live) server until they are at the least in some stage to be tested.

I love the game, I love being able to play the forgotten races, but I miss playing my PW. I know high level content is being worked on but in the meanwhile being able to hunt and have decent loot, and mobs that did not hit me from 40 - 60k away would be a great help in making it fun again for my PW.

Finally if the powers that be could send out an email to the players who have registered and left and requested an exit survey, perhaps that would be the best possible way to see if the current direction is the way we should be headed.

Thanks again for all your hard work and bringing the game back.

Edited by Mimir
  • Upvote 2

Mob behavior seemed to become further broken as well with the September content push.

Mobs started doing the circle of doom and don't appear to be approaching on screen. Trying to keep outside range of a mob has become quite difficult and quite often the only feedback you get is when you start receiving hits.

I do not mind the changes to GOBB i.e. aggro from the minions -- just makes it more of a challenge. And if it became a certainty that you would get a drop each time GOBB died then the usual batch of players that over-farm GOBB would never leave. It is tough but if you're Progen or Terran the Spitter and Caster are THAT GOOD a reward that you will eventually put in the effort to loot one.

It would be nice to have the mobs back in Cooper that drop bile weapon ammo comps. But really all trade XP on bile ammo components needs to be zeroed to stop characters getting power-leveled on trade XP from the comps. I mean there is power-leveling and then there is POWER-LEVELING -- characters going from level zero to 150 with all skills maxed out in 2-3 days from bile ammo comps is kinda bonkers.

I too wish that Progen stuff would get stabilized soon - it unfortunately goes from broken to broken to broken, lol. Kinda gave up interest in playing new Progen characters on PLAY because I keep thinking there might be content I will miss out on if I do play them before the content arrives in a working state. Hate the tokens, tbh.

Mob behavior seemed to become further broken as well with the September content push.

Mobs started doing the circle of doom and don't appear to be approaching on screen. Trying to keep outside range of a mob has become quite difficult and quite often the only feedback you get is when you start receiving hits.

I do not mind the changes to GOBB i.e. aggro from the minions -- just makes it more of a challenge. And if it became a certainty that you would get a drop each time GOBB died then the usual batch of players that over-farm GOBB would never leave. It is tough but if you're Progen or Terran the Spitter and Caster are THAT GOOD a reward that you will eventually put in the effort to loot one.

It would be nice to have the mobs back in Cooper that drop bile weapon ammo comps. But really all trade XP on bile ammo components needs to be zeroed to stop characters getting power-leveled on trade XP from the comps. I mean there is power-leveling and then there is POWER-LEVELING -- characters going from level zero to 150 with all skills maxed out in 2-3 days from bile ammo comps is kinda bonkers.

I too wish that Progen stuff would get stabilized soon - it unfortunately goes from broken to broken to broken, lol. Kinda gave up interest in playing new Progen characters on PLAY because I keep thinking there might be content I will miss out on if I do play them before the content arrives in a working state. Hate the tokens, tbh.

this is fixed now, I'll do a restart.

Hm, I say this:

Mob Loot is not being handled by that same developer at present as that person announced a leave. It has recently had its mantle assumed by another individual. By the time he gets done many more mobs will be quite a bit more lucrative. I can't say that I'm really a fan of the idea of putting anything on mobs that shouldn't be there, if anything a special vendor could be created but it'd have to be a special condition.

In regards to byakhee's missions, he's really been trying in the past few weeks to get something to the play server that is not directly connected to the promotion/hull upgrade mission and to cut out the parts for optional and make them separate. I believe that is his intention behind these tokens if I am to understand correctly what he told me yesterday. He doesn't sit around plotting how he can best ruin a progen's day or anything, as I suspect some think he does. :(

oO "Good, good!" <--- This is not Byakhee.... contrary to some beliefs.

Hm, I say this:

Mob Loot is not being handled by that same developer at present as that person announced a leave. It has recently had its mantle assumed by another individual. By the time he gets done many more mobs will be quite a bit more lucrative. I can't say that I'm really a fan of the idea of putting anything on mobs that shouldn't be there, if anything a special vendor could be created but it'd have to be a special condition.

I don't think I said that lucrative loot should be put into low level mobs or mobs that it didn't make sense, all I was saying that if someone changes something as drastic as putting ALL ammo comps (you know what weapons I refer) into the FB with a plan that is not and seems that will not be completed...or at best case put off indefinitely, and then this dev takes a leave, something should be done to roll this back to the way it was before this plan was put into play. Maybe the new Dev would rather start at the point it was prior to the way it is currently?

In regards to byakhee's missions, he's really been trying in the past few weeks to get something to the play server that is not directly connected to the promotion/hull upgrade mission and to cut out the parts for optional and make them separate. I believe that is his intention behind these tokens if I am to understand correctly what he told me yesterday. He doesn't sit around plotting how he can best ruin a progen's day or anything, as I suspect some think he does. :(

“It is always with the best intentions that the worst work is done.” - Oscar Wilde

If you follow the daily saga of the Progen missions it seems to go from bad to worse to even worse. I only suggested the Progen missions get on par with the other races until they are in a more stable state.