So how attached should I get?

Just so you all know, this was the first MMO I played back in the day, and I loved it while it lasted. I am super stoked that I can play it again, thanks to what I know is a whole lot of effort from the dev community. You guys are awesome.

Anyhow, I know it's an ongoing process, but I'm curious just how attached I should get to my ship and character? I understand the need to PW every now and again, but just how often is this happening? Has anybody managed to max out their levels yet, and is it worth trying?

I'm just asking is all. I know nobody's getting paid to work on this, and the way I think is that every time I can log into E&B is a bonus.

Seriously, you guys rock. I got my Jenquai Explorer, I got my cloak, I got my laser, and I'm happier that I have been in a long time just mining gas clouds for several hours. Which is probably why I made it to level 8 in just one evening of playing :).

FWIW, I was on Orion in a little guild called Leviathan. Ahh, the memories. "Tada-ho!" in port and "Shop Smart, shop S-Mart" in the trade channels. Kiting big bad mobs all over the place. Sniping that rare mineral at just the right moment. Forming up with my guild to take on the tough guys. Emoting the robot.

Hope this lasts for a while. Cheers~

The last wipe we did was a while ago, at least 6 months IIRC.

We don't player wipe unless essential, and there are loads of 150+ chars on the server.

However, don't get too attached, because you never know, we may release a big update that requires a wipe.

And remember theirs 3 new classes new classes to try !!!!!

Do something silly , eg , I know there several laser using PW's or my choice a missile using Progen Privateer !!

Most of all enjoy cause we are having a blast.

EA was just a nasty dream.

Alk

A hint of advice to minimize the damage done by a player wipe;

Use a profession you will unlikely play when the emulator goes live.

Ok, thx for all the replies. I'm going to relive my glory days for a bit, but I'll be sure to roll something different as well in the mean time. :)