Is it possible to raise levels past 150

sirmorte

I keep meeting folks who have multiple tunes because of the 150 level limit. Is it possible to raise the limit to say 175 and add a few tough zones for those folks that need it? Since I don't know what was involved in the programming, I admittedly can be all wet on this.

Also, I would suggest that once you get finished with your beta testing, you invite game reviewers for game magazines to do a review of EnB. I think you will pick up hundreds or even thousands of potential players. I used to review private shards for Ultima Online. Game reviewers would LOVE to test this private game out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The real reason you see people with multiple toons is because its a good idea.

If you are bored killing stuff, then you can log to your miner and mine stuff. If you are bored with that then you can hang in F7 with your trader like a socialite.

Classes also compliment each other. The TW and PW require ammo ores which you can buy from greedy miners, or you can go get it yourself if you do not want to be forced to eat poo poo.

Also, multi-boxing is another major reason to have multiple toons.

There was/will be some tougher zones later on (Fish Bowl, Mordana, Vrix, Most mobs in Blackbeard's Wake were all pretty tough in live). And raising the level cap won't do much for E&B. While it is still a great game, the design is very basic - its a grinding game. Sure you do a few missions here and there (HUs, ones with known good rewards etc) and "repeatable quests", ie job terminals. Raising the level cap won't change that. Its jsut more levels to grind.

As far as the second half of your post, sadly the games last owner(s), EA, are assholes and would most likely step in at that point. My money is on the idea that once its all said and done, word of mouth will bring in a lot of the old players even if its only casual players. Like any other MMO, word of mouth advertising will make it or break it.

I am not sure if your question was really answered so here it goes... it is possible to get levels past 150 but your toon will always show as being L150... for each level above 150 you get an extra skill point that you can use to raise the rest of your skills as getting to 150 does not max out your toons skills

Hello,

They have toyed around with raiseing the lvl's past 150, but there is a problem that would come up. Since the highest mob's in the game are cl 66's, you could never raise your combat higher then 76. Before raiseing the level's up, we would have to raise up the level of the mob's, get alot of higher lvl sectors, missions and so on. With the way the game client the way it is now and you could never raise your equipment past lvl 9 you would find it very hard to battle say a cl 75 mob. It is a nice idea, but I know that touching the Player client is a no-no so you will probilly never see the levels go past 150. TTYL :-)

Merlin

Yes, we've discussed this int he past, and so did the Westwood devs. Currently Level 66 mobs are pretty much it, though all of our design documentation mentions plans to go ahead and bump that level cap to 200 eventually. I guess it just depends on how popular the emulator becomes and whether or not we can work out how to fix the mob problem that Merlin is talking about.