Moto

With the fight in Moto, is there an advantage, either now or to be determined in the future, based on which side to work with, other than which gate you can go through?

I can think of one potential advantage in this, for a Jenquai toon, and that's if the mobs in there drop items based on their race. If so, then it may be good for a Jen toon to side with the Progen, since whatever equipment drops off Terran ships can probably be used by Jenquai, while what drops off the Progen ships probably cannot. (unless the Progen aren't using typical progen equipment which would mostly be Jenquai Restricted). At the same time if the Progen have a vendor on their capital ship in the sector, a Jenquai wouldn't be able to use any of the equipment that would be carried in stock. If you side with the Terrans everything would be exactly the opposite. I would think that whatever items drop off the Terran ships would be better than whatever is sold in the Vendor in the Terran capital ship.

Maybe there could be rewards for doing missions for either side, in terms of some equipment (well into working with one side) whose restrictions are simply class based. The Gaze of Amah for doing the Mars Construction Project was an example of a beam that despite being a Sparta brand beam didn't carry the usual Jenquai Restricted label. Instead it said Explorers Only, and since it was L9 only the JE could use. Was no trade, and manufacturable, if you had maxed either Build Devices or Build Reactors you could make it for yourself. (Buffs 40% Turbo beam, Beam Focus, had same refire rate as EoD)

Maybe there could be equipment from factions that can only be used if you have positive faction with them.

Devices is probably the best suited equipment for this.

The Gaze of Amah for doing the Mars Construction Project was an example of a beam that despite being a Sparta brand beam didn't carry the usual Jenquai Restricted label.
Devs were lazy in live with a lot of equipment so it may just be a mistake. Or maybe overworked.

Maybe there could be equipment from factions that can only be used if you have positive faction with them.

Devs were lazy in live with a lot of equipment so it may just be a mistake. Or maybe overworked.

Ok, i'm going to say the first thing that came to mind when I

read this post. YIKES !

How about drops of an near equivalent items usable to the other races.

Not Manufactural, Not Trade-able, No restriction, Low quality (below 85%)

I know insane right.

I know I would like a couple Terran or Progen buffs for my toons.

Or I guesss I could just group with one :rolleyes:

Anonymous :).........

I'm guessing killing mobs in Moto influences factions other than the combines - does it?

I don't think it does, but I cannot say for sure. I do remember when you get notified of the war in Moto, they point out that the Terrans & Progen are seeing it as a "local matter" and that whatever you do to earn faction with one causes you to lose 2x faction with the other (Terran Alliance & Progen Combine). (oh and Lose is spelled wrong in the NPC's dialogue)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, only the two factions that operate in Moto are effected when you kill either side i.e. Progen Combine or Terran Alliance. I joined the Progen Combine and reached -4600 with the Terran Alliance and -1000 with the Progen Combine. And then I decided to switch sides ...

I could easily make up a role play reason for switching sides however the reason was a simple matter of fact that the loot tables for the Terran Alliance up to and including level 56 sucked compared with loot dropped from the Progen Combine.

Want great loot in Moto? Join the Terran Alliance and shoot Progen Combines.

Both gates inside Moto eventually turned red.

The Progen Combine station ... when you login it's named "Prison Colony Haven". Seemed appropriate granted that there was no way to exit the Moto sector.

I kept shooting Progen Combine for 3-4 days until Terran Alliance reached -1999 and the gate that they control that exits into Aganju turned yellow. I didn't test going in and out of the gate for fear that while I might be able to exit Moto to Aganju I might still not be able to re-enter Moto. It was probably safe but I decided to carry on to -1499.

I'm still in Moto improving Terran Alliance faction between -1999 to at least -1499.

What struck me about Moto besides the crappy and unappealing loot dropped by the Terran Alliance was that there was no way to regain faction if you were outside the Moto sector. It may be a good idea to seed some faction mobs in the adjoining sectors. If you get locked out there is no way to fix it.

:P