Trade to 150

So like many people I am a dual-boxer. If I'm doing something really involved with one toon I will just do trade runs with the other or do some farming with some slow-spawning mobs. I was just thinking to myself, what if I start a new toon and just do trade runs. Technically I could get that toon all the way to lvl 150 just doing somer-fenris runs without doing a single mission or firing a single shot (obviously would pick up a couple explore levels just doing the run for the first time).

So that got my dimented brain going a little bit more to try to plan this out and was wondering if anyone else had thought about, or tried doing this. Here are some of the issues that I'm wondering about:

The first major issue is whether or not to do the hull upgrades along the way. You only pick up two extra cargo slots with each upgrade and some of the HU missions require some combat, if I stay true to the idea of no combat, I would probably want to skip the hull upgrades until I get to OL150, at that point can you do them all in order?

The second issue is probably not even an issue, but what to do with the skill points along the way. I'm thinking would want to do engine, device and reactor only and leave everything else.

greetings,

ive thought about this as well.i helped a guy(might be a guildie) by giveing a tour from sommer to fenris.he said he was just doing t/r only to tl 50.i thought this would be a bit tedious and boreing <_< , but hey might be a way to make a great builder. i think i would select an eng builder class and do eng build/upgrades because it would take weeks to do sommer/fenris runs to 150 with a starter eng. lol! maybe device as well to upgrade warp devices.most likely h/u would be good to the overall process as more cargo=less runs.

might be kinda intresting to try though.

so..

ill make a noob and try it out i need a good comp builder anyway and am in no real hurry.

like you ,i love dualboxing,and can do the noob on the side. :P

if you try it as well please post yer progress in this thread.

whaddaya think? :P

greetings,

ive thought about this as well.i helped a guy(might be a guildie) by giveing a tour from sommer to fenris.he said he was just doing t/r only to tl 50.i thought this would be a bit tedious and boreing <_< , but hey might be a way to make a great builder. i think i would select an eng builder class and do eng build/upgrades because it would take weeks to do sommer/fenris runs to 150 with a starter eng. lol! maybe device as well to upgrade warp devices.most likely h/u would be good to the overall process as more cargo=less runs.

might be kinda intresting to try though.

so..

ill make a noob and try it out i need a good comp builder anyway and am in no real hurry.

like you ,i love dualboxing,and can do the noob on the side. :P

if you try it as well please post yer progress in this thread.

whaddaya think? :P

It is a great way to make a builder, and it is what I did with my TT and my PT. But it is not a great way to make a battle TT. All your skill points go into builds and negotiate, and leveling a toon with little in the way of guns and shields is very hard. Better to go battle and then up builds. It's a far faster way to max out a toon.

Most of my toons never fire a shot from OL0 - OL60 just trade runs and whatever misc levels the other 2 get just from hull upgrades... imo its a great way to make a toon of any class... cuz then you are CL4 but OL60 so you save a ton of credits by not having to do all those combat upgrades.. and then its all rollover xp from trade after that...

usually I have about 15-20 mil creds by the time I get to TL50... to me a lot of the early game upto L75 (maybe 100) is totally death boring anyway killing crap mobs or gopher missions... so grind out the trade and your OL135 before you know it and people will start taking you on raids...

Hello,

This is something I know about quite well! Problie the best race & class to try this with would be the TS. When it comes to TR's are really good. As you will notice by my sig I have done alot of TR's and yes it does get borring. With the TS's Nav skill they are the fastest at TR's. With their Neg skill they also get more xp for tradeing. Also at the moment you can get their HU's very easy so you can keep to your plan without haveing to do any combat or cost you any money. Getting those 2 extra cargo spots is importain and they also start with alot of cargo spots. If David ever gets the "/played" to work I might try this out for fun to see how long it does take each race to get to lvl 150 doing nothing but TR's. I know way too much time on my hands but I could setup something to try this on the dev server that would run with a macro so it could run non-stop until it got done. I will say this that when I start a new toon and as you can see I have started many new toons, I also start with doing TR's once I hit around TL 20 as before that it is normally better to do low lvl combat for loot. Once you hit around tl 20 the xp from loot drops off and TR's are the better way to go. I can normally get a toon to lvl 50 on the 1st day and around 10 to 15 lvl's a day after that. This is an interesting idea and again once David fixes the /played I might try this. TTYL :-)

Merlin

Hello,

This is something I know about quite well! Problie the best race & class to try this with would be the TS. When it comes to TR's are really good. As you will notice by my sig I have done alot of TR's and yes it does get borring. With the TS's Nav skill they are the fastest at TR's. With their Neg skill they also get more xp for tradeing. Also at the moment you can get their HU's very easy so you can keep to your plan without haveing to do any combat or cost you any money. Getting those 2 extra cargo spots is importain and they also start with alot of cargo spots. If David ever gets the "/played" to work I might try this out for fun to see how long it does take each race to get to lvl 150 doing nothing but TR's. I know way too much time on my hands but I could setup something to try this on the dev server that would run with a macro so it could run non-stop until it got done. I will say this that when I start a new toon and as you can see I have started many new toons, I also start with doing TR's once I hit around TL 20 as before that it is normally better to do low lvl combat for loot. Once you hit around tl 20 the xp from loot drops off and TR's are the better way to go. I can normally get a toon to lvl 50 on the 1st day and around 10 to 15 lvl's a day after that. This is an interesting idea and again once David fixes the /played I might try this. TTYL :-)

Merlin

I think it may be a little closer than that. The TT, JT, and PT will probably have the advantage for quite some time over the scout due to their larger cargo holds (5 more slots than the Scout, with same rank of hull). Navigate won't really give the Scout that big of an advantage until all 4 are well into spillover. Warp speed bonuses with Navigate don't come until EL35 (Navigate 6), so the traders have until then to build a pretty big lead. The Scout does have the advantage of easy hull upgrades, since there aren't missions in for him yet. The TT will also have the advantage of having Negotiate 7, but it will be interesting overall once the Scout can get Navigate 6 the Scout can start to really gain ground on the PT and JT on the basis of greater warp speed. If the JT puts points into her engine tech skill, she can go pretty fast, although not as fast as the Scout (or even the JE), My JT can do 5600 warp with a Laz 8, RR+8, Crystalline Dynamo (L8), and a Charging Unicorn. (My JE can do 6099 with Nav 7, a L7 engine, and the same device and reactor). The JT and PT will get more XP per load than the Scout, (All 3 have Negotiate 5, but JT/PT have bigger holds) but the Scout can deliver those loads faster, it will be interesting.

Edited by Terrell

the scout loses out a bit (and I dont have numbers on it) in the TL40-TL50 range ... that is where imo the extra slots come in huge....

also if you want to keep track on how long it takes... make a separate log file just for the toon you want to track and you can use the login files to see when the toon first logged in until it hits TL50

My TT did this from 10-130. After that sat in group and buffed/healed PW and made ammo. Still hasn't fired a shot since level 10. The PW on the other hand went through ammo like crazy. :)Its very boring.

Best way to do this is Netflix with Dual monitor, or very small Resolution with High Resolution monitor to keep good movie.

I did this with a few anime series on youtube/other sites.

Sadly not around anymore so I don't know how the trade is anymore. Could manage 100 on any non-negotiate class in about 2 weeks with 4-5 hours per day. If that, estimate.