What is Live?

What is Live  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider the minimum requirements for the enb to go live (pretending that the 3 additional classes were active during live)?

• Enb is at the exact state it was when it went live
    • Enb is at the exact state it was at sunset?
    • When you can buy waffles from the vendors
    • Other (describe in a post)

At what state would you consider enb ready to go live? What would the requirements be? Waffles withstanding, imo the game will be ready when everything that was working at the original launch is working, including the skills for the 3 additional classes...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Though the game has come very far, (read amazing atm) the problems are still there which prevents it from being even close to live.

Grouping still has bugs, funky warping, kill credits, not being able to see hull damage on group members (although lately this has improved drastically), new members stacking in formation, and some other minor things which I am forgetting atm. :)

Guns jamming and having to be reinstalled.

Hull patch skill using energy when cast.

Items not working as they did originally, IE: Warriors Heart and it's new cooldown timer, iirc it was like 30 secs in live not the 3 minutes it is now. Other items not balanced like the Rada line, a lv4 works better than lv5, etc.

The above are just a few that I thought of off the top of my head, I'm sure there are many more.

TLDR version: The game is vastly better than it was in ST3, but still has much to be done to be on par with live.

Don't get me wrong here, I am a fanboy of the game and our awesome Devs, but, it's not close to live, regardless of release or sunset.

My 4.5 credits worth. ;)

• Upvote 1

When all of the following things have been accomplished:

1. The Scout, Seeker, and Privateer have their final skill sets, and are balanced for doing their professions.
  2. All the equipment for all classes, that's supposed to be in at the start of the storyline is in game and working as intended.
  3. All skills are working properly.
  4. All the sectors at the beginning of the storyline are open
  5. All the Mobs are all in their proper locations.
  6. Mob Weapons, skills, and AI are implemented and working as intended.
  7. All missions at beginning of storyline are implemented & working properly
  8. Content is readily available at all levels, for all professions.
  9. Gate to Desktop/Megan issues resolved. Gate to desktop or Megan no longer clearing out your jobs.
Edited by Terrell
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

When all of the following things have been accomplished:

1. The Scout, Seeker, and Privateer have their final skill sets, and are balanced for doing their professions.

2. All the equipment for all classes, that's supposed to be in at the start of the storyline is in game and working as intended.

3. All skills are working properly.

4. All the sectors at the beginning of the storyline are open

5. All the Mobs are all in their proper locations.

6. Mob Weapons, skills, and AI are implemented and working as intended.

7. All missions at beginning of storyline are implemented & working properly

8. Content is readily available at all levels, for all professions.

9. Gate to Desktop/Megan issues resolved. Gate to desktop or Megan no longer clearing out your jobs.

+1, except for number 7. I don't think we will ever realistically be able to recreate the original EnB content, and that really hasn't been our goal here. I think our custom-made content will be good, and it will allow us more control over the storyline and hopefully let us make the game an even more fun experience.

We do have some information, and we have restored that as we've had it, but yes for the most part there were few records kept of missions that are still accessible today so the majority is 100% custom, dreamed up by our development group. For example, in Terran space the only missions I had record of were the Terran level 30 promotion bonus (Capture Roland Holmes) and Learn Build Shields from Orkael Lazaara on Kinshasa-Mbali in Aganju, I think there might be one more but I couldn't remember the name off the top of my head at the time of the posting. Everything else is pretty much dreamed up by myself or the previous Terran lead Elana.

If anyone has a very detailed mission database or can get one, do feel free to send it to us. It's one thing we could make good use of.

In regards to what constitutes live, Terrells list is pretty good:

1) All major systems work

2) We have content for most levels

3) all encounters are balanced

4) at least all "live" raids are implemented up to the point of the day the game launched.

5) balance balance balance (you might want to emulate an ostrich at this point in time if balancing bothers you or you like to scream "nerf")

6) ??? (just kidding)

7) Live

We're planning some special events prior to going live, so I think you'll know.

+1, except for number 7. I don't think we will ever realistically be able to recreate the original EnB content, and that really hasn't been our goal here. I think our custom-made content will be good, and it will allow us more control over the storyline and hopefully let us make the game an even more fun experience.

Custom content, great, that's even better. Something new to do that hasn't been done before.

• Downvote 1

1. All jobs and skills are working properly as they where in live. (Including 137s)

2. All jobs and skills that where not in live are in and balanced (PP, TS, JS, and 137 skills for jobs that didn't get them yet).

3. All the zones that where up at going live be there and working, plus the support zones for the new jobs. Also would be nice if the beta zones (Mercury, Venus so on) stayed in and where working as well.

4. All mobs and bosses in proper locations working correctly. AI, skills and correct Loot tables included.

5. All mining fields are in approximate areas to live, appropriate guardians, ores, and pop rocks.

6. All trade runs added and working as in live (negotiate skill included).

7. All Job terminals working with jobs. And Jobs don't vanish with dc/crash.

8. Factions working as they should. Factioned gates working as they should.

9. Making sure the faction types match live (taking out those factions that where not in live, adding in the ones that where).

10. Starting char factions brought more in line with what you started out with in live.

11. All gear is working as intended and balanced. No gear jam, appropriate wait times, so on...

10. Gating/Docking oddities stopped (Crash to Megan or port to last gate used)

11. Grouping bugs worked out, including associated forming, warping, following issues.

12. All jobs have all appropriate skill and HU mission content working correctly. (Not just cheep talk to me again for your skill! missions.)

13. All level ranges work smoothly and have appropriate content (currently our middle ranges seem lacking development while starting and end seem well progressed.)

14. At least one high end raid available and working correctly, dropping as intended.

Honestly, we got a long way to go but the devs have done an impressive job just getting this beast running! Ty so much!