Aganju - So very different

So my favorite place ever when E&B was live was 61-Cygni. I love the Nomos and the huge barrier and the roid fields that always seemed to have great hulks. I finally got to see the current Aganju and its quite a bit differen then when the game was live. I was wondering if this was just going to be a system that isn't intended to be made similar to how it was before.

Just curious if I'll ever feel truly "home" again,

Spacegrrl

So my favorite place ever when E&B was live was 61-Cygni. I love the Nomos and the huge barrier and the roid fields that always seemed to have great hulks. I finally got to see the current Aganju and its quite a bit differen then when the game was live. I was wondering if this was just going to be a system that isn't intended to be made similar to how it was before.

Just curious if I'll ever feel truly "home" again,

Spacegrrl

You have lots of screenshots and documents? I had about 20 screenshots to go on for Aganju :)

It will be changed some from live but only for story reasons, I won't delve into that now, you'll have to play to see BUT if you've got a fair amount of reliable documentation then we might look at some changes to it.

What you must keep in mind is that in "live" they took about 6 sectors that were in the documentation, crammed them together and called it Aganju because they were trying to release after Westwood fell apart with the EA purchase.

You have lots of screenshots and documents? I had about 20 screenshots to go on for Aganju ;)

It will be changed some from live but only for story reasons, I won't delve into that now, you'll have to play to see BUT if you've got a fair amount of reliable documentation then we might look at some changes to it.

What you must keep in mind is that in "live" they took about 6 sectors that were in the documentation, crammed them together and called it Aganju because they were trying to release after Westwood fell apart with the EA purchase.

It doesn't matter how it ended up like it did, what is there is totally wrong on a lot of levels. The system was dominated by the shield being built, was definitely not so "Jenquia" and had a definite "exploited by the terrans" feel". Think about the whole "psi" in the mines storyline supported by lots of missions, the ship with a major NPC talking about the shield in a ship to the northeast of the statiom, a station like facility east of that with teran enforcers, again supported by missions, the regular stream of NPC miners coming back from the ice to the station (to the major ice and nommos herds to the west and northwest of the station and gate in), again with at least one related mission where you talked to a specific miner coming back to the station, the rescue a lost nommos hunter mission, the Nommos observers and even the chance to buy the silly "nommos plushie" from the greenpeace like NPC ship there. Where is any of that? As I terran I used to love sitting and watching the nommos herds using befriend to make them green to me.

I'd be glad to draw you a map to get you somewhere close to what was there, the current sector is NOTHING like what was in game live. If you didn't know what the system actually looked like why didn't you ask for players that might have remember to help, so many of the other systems are so much closer to how they were. Why this one ended up so different is confusing to me. An awesome system that deserves better.

Sigh, clearly no one that was ever there had any input into what was developed for now, too bad, it was an awesome place, now I fear forever to be lost in time.

SAVE THE NOMMOS!!!

Spacegrrrl

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sigh, clearly no one that was ever there had any input into what was developed for now, too bad, it was an awesome place, now I fear forever to be lost in time.

Aganju was imbalanced with those amounts of ores.

Aganju was imbalanced with those amounts of ores.

So don't put in so much ore, but don't totally change everything else about the system! With so much work put into so many other systems to get them "right" why did this system get treated so poorly? If someone just wanted to make their own idea of what a system should be do it in one of the "new" systems and don't ruin a major interesting system from the game before.

SAVE THE NOMMOS!!!

Spacegrrrl

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I doubt they are "done" with the system, Aganju was closed off for a very long time, and was opened only recently.

Also keep in mind that the Devs here have quite a few documents concerning how things were supposed to be.

I figure someday they will get it all working again, these things take time to do, and the Devs do it for the love of the game as volunteers, so be patient. :)

It doesn't matter how it ended up like it did, what is there is totally wrong on a lot of levels. The system was dominated by the shield being built, was definitely not so "Jenquia" and had a definite "exploited by the terrans" feel". Think about the whole "psi" in the mines storyline supported by lots of missions, the ship with a major NPC talking about the shield in a ship to the northeast of the statiom, a station like facility east of that with teran enforcers, again supported by missions, the regular stream of NPC miners coming back from the ice to the station (to the major ice and nommos herds to the west and northwest of the station and gate in), again with at least one related mission where you talked to a specific miner coming back to the station, the rescue a lost nommos hunter mission, the Nommos observers and even the chance to buy the silly "nommos plushie" from the greenpeace like NPC ship there. Where is any of that? As I terran I used to love sitting and watching the nommos herds using befriend to make them green to me.

I'd be glad to draw you a map to get you somewhere close to what was there, the current sector is NOTHING like what was in game live. If you didn't know what the system actually looked like why didn't you ask for players that might have remember to help, so many of the other systems are so much closer to how they were. Why this one ended up so different is confusing to me. An awesome system that deserves better.

SAVE THE NOMMOS!!!

Spacegrrrl

Most of that isn't there because (and pay attention) we don't have the ability to do that yet. I can create the story but I can't make mobile AI (mobs) that can talk to players yet, we're still working on it. Spacegrrl, I know you were a big fan of "live" but I have little to work from with Aganju, and I know from the words of the developer who gave us documentation that what WAS in live was an amalgamation of several other sectors. It's NOT going to be quite what you remember, but the npcs won't be so "Jenquai" either once it's properly done.

I'd love to make it perfectly live but I can't get a paycheck from sitting here working on the game 24/7 and I have bills to pay. :)

I will do what I can for it, but it's going to take time, and if there is any documentation outside of memories, forward it my way. I had as stated, 20 some odd screenshots to work from and got it to what it is now along with the previous Terran Lead. I wasn't entirely ready to open it when it opened but there was a real push to open a neighboring sector that needed to make use of it so I agreed.

Most of that isn't there because (and pay attention) we don't have the ability to do that yet. I can create the story but I can't make mobile AI (mobs) that can talk to players yet, we're still working on it. Spacegrrl, I know you were a big fan of "live" but I have little to work from with Aganju, and I know from the words of the developer who gave us documentation that what WAS in live was an amalgamation of several other sectors. It's NOT going to be quite what you remember, but the npcs won't be so "Jenquai" either once it's properly done.

I'd love to make it perfectly live but I can't get a paycheck from sitting here working on the game 24/7 and I have bills to pay. :)

I will do what I can for it, but it's going to take time, and if there is any documentation outside of memories, forward it my way. I had as stated, 20 some odd screenshots to work from and got it to what it is now along with the previous Terran Lead. I wasn't entirely ready to open it when it opened but there was a real push to open a neighboring sector that needed to make use of it so I agreed.

So it wasn't that hard to see what was there, a simple google of "aganju system map" produced this:

http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/sectormap/aganju.html

That map doesn't show the ice (surrounded forgotten point, nommos point and lost point, where you also found the nommos herds) or the ore locarions (out to the west below planet in a couple of groups and along the chain of points near the giant shiled thing being built). There was also ore between the HEAL ship and nommos point as well as towards the planet between the station and the planet. I always found that location to be the most like to find hulks with the lvl 4 warp kaza thing.

I hope you'll try and make the system as close in layout as the other systems are when compared to live. Aganju was a wonderful system and deserves the same repsect the rest of the systems have recived from the content development folks.

SAVE THE NOMOS!!

Spacegrrrl

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So it wasn't that hard to see what was there, a simple google of "aganju system map" produced this:

http://www.earthandbeyond.ca/sectormap/aganju.html

That map doesn't show the ice (surrounded forgotten point, nommos point and lost point, where you also found the nommos herds) or the ore locarions (out to the west below planet in a couple of groups and along the chain of points near the giant shiled thing being built). There was also ore between the HEAL ship and nommos point as well as towards the planet between the station and the planet. I always found that location to be the most like to find hulks with the lvl 4 warp kaza thing.

I hope you'll try and make the system as close in layout as the other systems are when compared to live. Aganju was a wonderful system and deserves the same repsect the rest of the systems have recived from the content development folks.

SAVE THE NOMOS!!

Spacegrrrl

Had this, and all of this is there, some of the navs appeared over the course of time too. We're starting at the same place they did for launch at last plans, so with that in mind you might not see every nav that you personally remember. There are plenty of hidden navs that are in the sector now, including the HEAL ship and Xai Xai station for example. They weren't intended to be visible on the map and are not visible on the map. If you remember where they were, they're there now.

Had this, and all of this is there, some of the navs appeared over the course of time too. We're starting at the same place they did for launch at last plans, so with that in mind you might not see every nav that you personally remember. There are plenty of hidden navs that are in the sector now, including the HEAL ship and Xai Xai station for example. They weren't intended to be visible on the map and are not visible on the map. If you remember where they were, they're there now.

The Ice fields and the shield look to be in very different locations. At this point, sometime down the road I just hope I'll enjoy nommos watching and my hold will have a new nommos plusie..... :-) Please realize I do appreciate the work you folks put in, just this was one of my favorite places and I've been waiting for the day I can say its back.

SAVE THE NOMMOS!!!

Spacegrrrl

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

As I terran I used to love sitting and watching the nommos herds using befriend to make them green to me.

SAVE THE NOMMOS!!!

Spacegrrrl

:)

<- avid nommos fan and Harmonious Environmental Action League member

part of this sector was all the unique features it had. You could buy nommos hunting passes in the station and hunt to your hearts content. If you didn't buy the pass your computer would yell at you and earthcorps bruisers might have shot you. We need coding attention to do this and right now other more important things need coding attention, like mob AI and ruined hulks. Same goes for the HEAL ship. Right now we don't have the capability to have space NPCs that aren't involved in missions. That means no HEAL ship selling you plush toys for 500 credits and no veil trader. We could make a mission that sort of does that but it would probably end up really tacky, so we'll probably just wait until we can have standard space NPCs. I'm not sure if we have the shield working at the moment. I think in live the shield had a bunch of little nodes that you could shoot that eventually disappeared if you killed them. This is something that will also require coding since the nodes didn't shoot back and they didn't leave hulks with credits or loot. The lost nommos hunter mission probably involved guiding the lost ship back to safety which means we need a way for that ship to be spawned specifically for that player in the mission and we will also need a way to make it follow you and trigger completion once it gets to the designated area.

The major ship you mentioned was a character in the storyline, most likely not in position yet. Even if he was in position, there's no way to make him talk to players as a normal space npc without giving him a mission. Theres also no way we could make him appear as his NPC avatar yet. He would appear as a randomly generated NPC. This means he could be a jenquai woman instead of a progen man or something else equally disturbing.

Here's some possible additions to aganju:

- we could add an option for orkael lazarra to sell nommos hunting passes even though these passes wouldn't do anything

- we could add a mission similar to the lost nommos hunter mission but you might have to find him engine parts or something instead of guiding him back

- we could add a mission given by the HEAL ship to bring them 500 credits with the reward being a nommos plush toy.

- we could add khan or whoever the major character was back to aganju and give him a mission, though it might not fit in the storyline

these changes are just workarounds so it might not even be worth investing time into since we'll end up changing it later.

If there was enough demand for it we might cave. Things we can definitely work on is the locations of the ore fields in aganju, the spawn points of the nommos, earthcorps, and psionics, and also the locations of the decorative ice pieces. If you have any resources or evidence of these things please let us know. If not, opinions are always good.