I keep getting a message after I run the launcher

Net7Proxy version 1.87

Using IP: 127.0.0.1 <127.0.0.7>

28/05/10 08:32:09 Attempting to connect to IP address:87.106.15.67

28/05/10 08:32:09 Sending login.

28/05/10 08:32:10 login OK

28/05/10 08:32:10 TCP listner unable to bind to socket on port 3801

28/05/10 08:32:10 TCP listner unable to bind to socket on port 3500

after that the game window opens asking if I agree or disagree to the terms and if I click agree

the game will start and once I select my character it will go to map and freeze.

I figured out that if I get either one or both of those messages the game will not start. So I will click disagree and close

the windows and try again. Sometime I only get one port that wont bind, while other times I get both.

I have to try so start the game several times to get it to work. Once in a while it will work right away, but most of the time I have to try 20 or more times.

Yesterday was the worst and was not able to log in all day

After talking to various gm's and dev's in game once I got in

I have tried:

1) seting port in router

2) ran the force update

3) ran in debug mode

4) ran in admin mode

5) turned off uac

6) turned off antivirus

7) logged out of all instant messangers

8) bought new set of golf clubs

nothing worked

(but my golf game is getting better)

please help

Thank you

have you tried rebooting ?

yes I have .. I run the game on my laptop and it is turned off every night ... it is always turned on fresh to play

also to add ...

I am running

windows vista

2 gig ram

dual core Intel pent 1.60 Ghz

Have you tried changing your putter? Does your loft wedge have too much loft?

j/k

Here is something that Tien posted a while ago, see if this works:

Troubleshooting:

If you get the message like this:

TCP Listener unable to bind to socket on port xxxx

Try deleting the text in the launcher's 'Local IP' box, it should solve this problem.

Have you tried changing your putter? Does your loft wedge have too much loft?

j/k

Here is something that Tien posted a while ago, see if this works:

Troubleshooting:

If you get the message like this:

TCP Listener unable to bind to socket on port xxxx

Try deleting the text in the launcher's 'Local IP' box, it should solve this problem.

I modified the putter and that seemed to help a little

silly question .. how do I delete those lines ??

I modified the putter and that seemed to help a little

silly question .. how do I delete those lines ??

Should be able to just click in the field and it'll highlight like an address in your internet browser. I will check now to make sure.. I'll edit this if not.

The above is correct, just click in the field, it'll highlight. Push backspace, then play and voila.

Should be able to just click in the field and it'll highlight like an address in your internet browser. I will check now to make sure.. I'll edit this if not.

The above is correct, just click in the field, it'll highlight. Push backspace, then play and voila.

I tried this and I was not able to highlight or delete anything

what am I doing wrong?

choose 'Net7 multiplayer (custom)' in the 'Server' drop down box,

use the mouse to highlight the IP address and press delete ...

I tried that and I got the same results ... no change

any other ideas???

I tried that and I got the same results ... no change

any other ideas???

Its possible another application is using those ports, besides the usual suspects that you have already turned off (antivirus, instant messengers, etc). I hope this isn't too technical, but here goes.

• open a command window (In most windows installations go to the start menu -> run -> type "cmd" without quotes -> press the enter key

• type "netstat -o" without quotes

• press the enter key

• the output should looks something like this

D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.SMILODON>netstat -o
    Active Connections
      Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State           PID
      TCP    smilodon:1043          localhost:1044         ESTABLISHED     2708
      TCP    smilodon:1044          localhost:1043         ESTABLISHED     2708
      TCP    smilodon:1048          localhost:1049         ESTABLISHED     56
      TCP    smilodon:1049          localhost:1048         ESTABLISHED     2708
      TCP    smilodon:1119          localhost:12080        ESTABLISHED     1
    *lines ommited*

• notice the "local address" column. For instance "smilodon:1043"

• the :1043 is the port

• look for rows that list :3801 and :3500

• If you find rows that do, write down the number in the "PID" column. If not then skip the rest, its not an issue of another application using that port.

• For instance, If I had a problem with port 1049 I would write 2708

• now lets see which program that is

• open the "task manager" (start menu -> click on the "run" button -> type "taskmgr" without quotes -> hit the enter key

• click on the "process" tab

• in the view menu -> click on "select columns"

• click on the check box next to "PID (Process Identfier), if it isn't already checked.

• click the "OK" button

• look through the table until you find the "PID" you wrote down earlier

• the rest depends on what you find. You could just right click on that row and select "end task" from the context menu

• or if you recognize it, you could close that application normally

• if you have no idea what it is, you could ask here, someone else may recognize it.

Its possible another application is using those ports, besides the usual suspects that you have already turned off (antivirus, instant messengers, etc). I hope this isn't too technical, but here goes.

• open a command window (In most windows installations go to the start menu -> run -> type "cmd" without quotes -> press the enter key

• type "netstat -o" without quotes

• press the enter key

• the output should looks something like this

D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.SMILODON>netstat -o
    Active Connections
      Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State           PID
      TCP    smilodon:1043          localhost:1044         ESTABLISHED     2708
      TCP    smilodon:1044          localhost:1043         ESTABLISHED     2708
      TCP    smilodon:1048          localhost:1049         ESTABLISHED     56
      TCP    smilodon:1049          localhost:1048         ESTABLISHED     2708
      TCP    smilodon:1119          localhost:12080        ESTABLISHED     1
    *lines ommited*

• notice the "local address" column. For instance "smilodon:1043"

• the :1043 is the port

• look for rows that list :3801 and :3500

• If you find rows that do, write down the number in the "PID" column. If not then skip the rest, its not an issue of another application using that port.

• For instance, If I had a problem with port 1049 I would write 2708

• now lets see which program that is

• open the "task manager" (start menu -> click on the "run" button -> type "taskmgr" without quotes -> hit the enter key

• click on the "process" tab

• in the view menu -> click on "select columns"

• click on the check box next to "PID (Process Identfier), if it isn't already checked.

• click the "OK" button

• look through the table until you find the "PID" you wrote down earlier

• the rest depends on what you find. You could just right click on that row and select "end task" from the context menu

• or if you recognize it, you could close that application normally

• if you have no idea what it is, you could ask here, someone else may recognize it.

Thank you very much for the information .... however when I did the netstat command .... this is what I got (see attached)

nothing close to 3801 and 3500 ... everything had 5 digits not 4

I almost thought we had something there.

netstat.jpg

post-7927-12751394904742_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much for the information .... however when I did the netstat command .... this is what I got (see attached)

nothing close to 3801 and 3500 ... everything had 5 digits not 4

I almost thought we had something there.

seems like a short list ... oops try "netstat -ao" instead of "netstat -o". The "a" is for all connections.

As far as seeing 5 digit port numbers, that is pretty normal, my example was only the first few lines on this computer.

seems like a short list ... oops try "netstat -ao" instead of "netstat -o". The "a" is for all connections.

As far as seeing 5 digit port numbers, that is pretty normal, my example was only the first few lines on this computer.

Thank you so much for the command ... it gave me a lot more information

however there was nothing attached for 3500 or 3801

see attached

--- new update ---

If I launch using net7 (custom)

and then check the box for client detours

it seems to work after the second or third try

only one catch I found so far .... while in game, if I check out my guild info,

I get kicked all the way back to desktop and have to re-launch

please tell me this is not hopeless ..

netstat2.jpg

post-7927-12751680571212_thumb.jpg

could be the firewall. Do you both use the same firewall software?

Don't switch it off! However, if you can either switch the firewall to 'medium' or better still, allow Net7Proxy and the client.exe internet access when they ask for it.

Other than that, if you've tried Paragon's suggestion and there's nothing using those ports, all I can think of it to make sure your windows update is all up to date, if you're not running a firewall, get a virus scanner (avast is good I've heard) and a firewall (komodo maybe), as chances are a virus is interfering.

There seems to be something that's running on your computer that's stopping the port bind, we just got to find it.

when you say tried at your parents house... do you mean on their computer or yours... which means you have a laptop? and if that is the case, then its not your internet... its your laptop... along the lines of what others said I would suggest

1. turn windows firewall on and leave it on auto let it do what it sees fit to do.

2. make sure you have virus protection, but make sure you ONLY have virus protection and not a combo virus scan/firewall and if that is the case, turn off that firewall portion and only use windows...

3. you are getting in game which is a huge plus... until you can clear your computer as being virus free I would go with that first... aside from a PAID FOR or LEGIT FREE program and not some hacked stolen (or free scam) virus software that you need to install and run I would recommend going too

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

prob the best malware program I know of... run that and see what it finds and report back...

could be the firewall. Do you both use the same firewall software?

Don't switch it off! However, if you can either switch the firewall to 'medium' or better still, allow Net7Proxy and the client.exe internet access when they ask for it.

Other than that, if you've tried Paragon's suggestion and there's nothing using those ports, all I can think of it to make sure your windows update is all up to date, if you're not running a firewall, get a virus scanner (avast is good I've heard) and a firewall (komodo maybe), as chances are a virus is interfering.

There seems to be something that's running on your computer that's stopping the port bind, we just got to find it.

I brought my laptop to their house to test the router to see if there was a block there somehow

with my antivirus off my firewall is also off

also I am using Panda Anti virus ... and super anti spyware ... my system is clean

but .. as soon as I select the detour option in the launcher ... I can usually get in after the 2nd try

the only down side is if I try to look up my guild info I get kicked out of the game completely and get to visit my desktop

when you say tried at your parents house... do you mean on their computer or yours... which means you have a laptop? and if that is the case, then its not your internet... its your laptop... along the lines of what others said I would suggest

1. turn windows firewall on and leave it on auto let it do what it sees fit to do.

2. make sure you have virus protection, but make sure you ONLY have virus protection and not a combo virus scan/firewall and if that is the case, turn off that firewall portion and only use windows...

3. you are getting in game which is a huge plus... until you can clear your computer as being virus free I would go with that first... aside from a PAID FOR or LEGIT FREE program and not some hacked stolen (or free scam) virus software that you need to install and run I would recommend going too

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

prob the best malware program I know of... run that and see what it finds and report back...

for anti virus ... I have found after reasearching it ... Panda is the best and that is what I use

for everything else ... www.superantispyware.com and download the free version ... work flawlessly

I just ran everything again ... and system is clean

I brought my laptop to their house to test the router to see if there was a block there somehow

with my antivirus off my firewall is also off

also I am using Panda Anti virus ... and super anti spyware ... my system is clean

but .. as soon as I select the detour option in the launcher ... I can usually get in after the 2nd try

the only down side is if I try to look up my guild info I get kicked out of the game completely and get to visit my desktop

so does this mean you can play or not? Sorry I don't understand what you've written.

with 'I can usually get in after the 2nd try' sounds like you have some serious problems on the laptop. Try one of the windows repair tools, can anyone name ones that have worked for them?

so does this mean you can play or not? Sorry I don't understand what you've written.

with 'I can usually get in after the 2nd try' sounds like you have some serious problems on the laptop. Try one of the windows repair tools, can anyone name ones that have worked for them?

Simply .. the problem is that I am not able to get in the game the normal way (net-7 multi-player)

I get the message: tcp unable to bind to port 3801

tcp unable to bind to port 3500

If I were to try and play the game after getting those 2 messages, it will only go as far as

allowing me to select a character and then freeze on the map screen (the longest freeze was 28 minutes)

unless I continue trying to log in from about 20 times to about a day and a half, it may finally let me in to play

I finally found a combination that allowed me to get in and play ...

I selected net-7 multi-player custom and then selected client detours

the only problem that I have found so far with this is that as soon as I click on "guild info" in game .. I am dropped to desktop

I attached a pic that shows what happens when I try to log in (net-7 multi-player) ... normal settings

tcp sample.jpg

post-7927-12753445412145_thumb.jpg

running under 'client detours' is bad. Basically it intercepts every packet received and really slows down your game, probably by a factor of around 2. On a laptop this is not good, also client detours running is inherently unstable too, so you'll get frequent crash to desktops. In the early stages of the game we used it for debugging, but it's not really needed now.

Run under 'debug start' and cut & paste what it says.

I remember ages ago one of the devs had a f**ked-up PC that would only run under client detours, can't remember how we got him working, but I think it became more obvious what was happening when he did a debug start.

so if you dont click guild info then you can play for as long as you want?

please dont take offense at these next 2 lines but I repair computers all the time and everyone says there computer is clean and I mean everyone...

Panda is free? or did you pay for it... lol if its an evaluation version

superantispyware is good... but for certain things I still think malwarebytes is significantly better

we can assume that your machine is clean thats fine, and if its not and thats the cause (which it may not be even if it werent) oh well

when you say reinstalled everything, I assume that means that after uninstalls you deleted any remaining files/folders leftover from uninstall

do you play over wireless or wired... maybe its a problem with network card? if you play wireless try wired or vice versa... or if you have the drivers, delete the adapter and reinstall...

also, I would not suggest doing any voodoo magic to get the game started cuz in the end it really needs to start with its normal settings, otherwise you really didnt fix a problem unless it is a true incompatiability issue...

found this post maybe it will help?

http://totallywickedproductions.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28&start=0

one last question is this a personal laptop or a work laptop?