website quirk

Not really a tech support issue, per se, but still kinda odd, imho.

Whenever I come to the site via the main page and then click to the forums, if I click the forum link on the right hand side of the page, it takes me straight to the forum index, but if I click the forum link on the top left of the page, the first click does nothing, and the second click actually takes me to the forum index.

Does it in both Firefox 3.6.3 & IE 8.0.

same, have noticed it before but keep forgetting to say something. Also along the same lines, certain people who post have about 100 blank lines at the end of their message that pushes everything down. Every post that I view from Dakynos(sp?) has this issue.

I get the mega post size as well, sometimes but not always. If it makes me cranky I switch from IE8 to Firefox and don't ever see it there.

Tell me it's not just IE8, IE has serious problems with a lot of websites from v8 and up. Turning on Compatibility view for all websites in the tools menu fixes a lot of problems. I'm not sure why IE8 but I know it's been a pain at work for this kinda stuff.

That's strange, I've heard of complaints about lots of white space on other posts, and thought it was a signature problem. As I don't even have a signature set up, I doubt that would be it for me. Grendwal are you using IE8 or tried the steps Kyp recently suggested? Also Mimir noted that switching to Firefox corrected the problem, at least in that case.

That's strange, I've heard of complaints about lots of white space on other posts, and thought it was a signature problem. As I don't even have a signature set up, I doubt that would be it for me. Grendwal are you using IE8 or tried the steps Kyp recently suggested? Also Mimir noted that switching to Firefox corrected the problem, at least in that case.

Yes I have compatibility view turned on for all sites and am using IE8 on windows XP, but the blank space stuff is still there. The strange thing is I have IE8 on windows 7 at home and do not have this issue, so I don't know where the bug lies.

However do not have the same issue viewing the same page in firefox or google chrome.

Edited by Grendwal