Game won't Launch after password

No error just closes to desktop after entering password, ran just fine last night.. went to log in today said server was resetting check back in 5 minutes..did that crashed to desktop ofter password..ran config file again just to check nothing else has been updated or moved on system...so just wondering uhh, whats up..

No error just closes to desktop after entering password, ran just fine last night.. went to log in today said server was resetting check back in 5 minutes..did that crashed to desktop ofter password..ran config file again just to check nothing else has been updated or moved on system...so just wondering uhh, whats up..

Having same issue myself

i have the same problem but 5 min ago i could log in, then i changed te settings and now it kicks me out when i enter the password.

i got win 7 64bit, but because it worked a few minutes ago i guess that wouldnt matter.

What settings did you change? Make sure the EnB client is running in compatibility mode. To do this, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release, find client.exe, go into it's properties, and ensure it is set to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem. When i start the Launcher with right-click "run as administrator", the game closes instantly after entering my password. If i run it normally everything works, but then i cant run two instances of EnB on the same machine.

I was running fine this morning, but now same thing is happening. I get to the password, and as soon as the hand shows up, poof, back to the desk top. Is there any way to turn on error logging? Someone said this morning there was some server/router issues between the US and EU. I'm not sure if this is my issue?

I don't think it's possible for this to be caused by any network issue (or at least it wouldn't be a consistent problem). It has to do with EnB using really old graphics technology. (I think it's either DX7 or 8) Make sure you're running client.exe in compatibility mode and run E&BConfig.exe and run the performance test.

Doesnt work for me, still getting this bug even when running in XP compatibility mode... i had no problems until i replaced my died geforce 8800 with a 9600 and updated to the most recent drivers in the proces....

Right, updating drivers is definitely a good place to start if you have this problem.

Every time the client patches, they will need to reset the compatibility modes and such. I don't know if that's happened since this post as I haven't pushed any client side patches recently.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same exact issue. I have made sure everything is set to xp compatibility modes. I have tried to run in windowed mode and full screen and ran the config test. I have everything completely updated and my accounts are all created. I enter in my username and password at the main screen when the game turns on and it just brings me right back to the desktop. Any suggestions?

I am having the same exact issue. I have made sure everything is set to xp compatibility modes. I have tried to run in windowed mode and full screen and ran the config test. I have everything completely updated and my accounts are all created. I enter in my username and password at the main screen when the game turns on and it just brings me right back to the desktop. Any suggestions?

When you ran the performance test, did it run through the space scene and the planet scene without crashing? What graphics card are you using and have you updated your graphics drivers recently?

first try checking local server (which you prob already did) then if that dont do it

delete all traces of Net7 (except for registry, leave that alone)... then go back to the step where you run EnB Up and do that and then reinstall Net7 from scratch and do the updates etc... check packet opt and try and login... you may have to play with the packet opt and local server checkboxes but should get in...

this happened to me twice... I can only guess that when I logged out some of the files may not have closed properly so they never updated creating some kinda n7 proxy conflict? well never bothered to truly track it down once I got back in but this worked for me...

oh ps, I am assuming here that you have played enb on this pc before and now just cant get back in

Edited by Avani

I am using an Nvidia 9600M GT I believe. I am gonna check drivers again and reinstall net7. I have never actually gotten the game to boot before. Found my old EnB disc today and started researching this emulator.

If you have never gotten the game to boot (I assume you mean startup to the point where you were in game) then have you read this post?

https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/714-install-enb-from-scratch-instructions/

Maybe there is something there that might help...

I'm having a nearly identical problem.

Windows Vista (only thing keeping me from upgrading to 7 is cash)

NVidia 9600 GT

1. Launch NET7 as admin in WinXP svc2 compatibility mode.

2. Launcher (current version is 286) pulls up I use the following options: Packet Optimization is on, SSL on Port 443, with correct Server/Host info.

3. Hit "Play"

3a. Net7Proxy reports:

Net7Proxy version 1.87

Using IP: 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)

28/05/10 21:01:23 Attempting to connect to IP address: 87.106.15.67

28/05/10 21:01:23 Sending login.

28/05/10 21:01:24 login OK

28/05/10 21:01:24 UDP packet optimisation selected (reduces server load).

4. Hit "agree" on the EnB EULA., Splash Screen, cut-scene, chick pops up and asks for UN/PW.

5. Correct UN/PW entered hit accept. (I've triend both enter as well as accept because I'm F'n insane like that sometimes)

6. Client makes that "ding" accepted noise then POOF! Gone...

7. ?????

8. Profit

Anyhow, I'm sure it's cosmic rays, or maybe there's a problem downstream somewhere. I have a feeling you're right that it's video card/driver related but I don't remember updating my drivers recently. I just got back in game about a week ago after a full and complete uninstall/registry clean and sacrifice to the gods of code (no virgins were available so it was Guiness and Twinkies).

I had been chugging along nicely just about a month ago. Then I took a small vacation (damn employeer expecting me to work..) so basically, everything was ine for months, skipped an update or 2 possibly, client pooped. Nuke and Pave NET7/EnB, clean default path installation allowed me to get back in about 2 weeks ago. Tonight and yesterday it started doing it again.

I gave you way too much info above just because I'm a bit of a techie myself and can't stand when a tiny missing detail costs me time. I apologize for the TLDR, I know "Forum posts should be like miniskirts. Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep it interesting."

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I didn't even think of Aero (though it is disabled.. probably why I didn't think of it..)

Now onto the good news! (along with a big fat ./facepalm)

On the Launcher, I chose to "reset all updates"

POOF!!!!

So, that did it for me. In the update log it showed a single file that had to be updated. Yes, it was that %$#@&! simple. :)

gratz... welcome to the party :) I forgot about the reset all updates... after awhile you just start to assume that people have pressed every button on the launcher...

So, I think we can rule out video-card issues. I was able to play just fine for a few hours last night. This morning... same problem came up again. I'm trying the Reset again and hopefully it works. I'll pay attention to see which file gets updated.

(The file that seems to keep going upside down is Data/client/ini/rg_regdata.ini.orig )

So, short-term solution, Reset Updates, login, JOY!

Edited by Wiseguy

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue with my installation, only it isn't on CTDs. I have to reset updates every time I want to launch the game. The only difference I can think of is that the Net-7 launcher dos screen gets to the Login OK line and stops there. In game I don't get the hand lighting up. It exits just as it would be about to light up. Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT video card with updated drivers on Windows Vista 64bit.

Edited by CainFortea