Player run Contest

Player run contest  

15 members have voted

1. 1. If there was a "Player" ran contest would you enter?

• Yes, a contest would be fun.
    • No, I hate contests
    • No, I would only enter a contest sponcered by a Dev/GM

Hello everyone,

I have toyed with the idea of having a contest for the players for awhile now. At 1st I was going to have it only for my guild members, but think it might be a good server wide contest to have. Here is what the rules would be. (subject to change a little here and there)

1. All players would start a new toon and all would be a Progen Sentanel

2. Players would not be allowed to do any hull upgrades on the new toon.

3. Players would not be allowed to group up with the new toon.

4. All new toons would have the name Contest### ("###" would be their player number. Players could easily have the name changed at the end of the contest if decided to keep toon)

5. Contest would last for 30 day. If at the end of 30 days no one was at lvl 100, the winner would be the player with the highest lvl in the shortest amout of game time. (lvl / game time = time for each lvl)

The winner of the contest would be the player to get their new toon to lvl 100 in the shortest amount of time. (Game time, not real time)

The winner would get a prize package that would be made up of lvl 7 - 9 items. I will put together a list of items when or if the contest go's forward, but I will say it will be the best stuff I can put together in all areas.

So bacislly players could play their toon anyway they wanted as long as they didn't get any hull upgrades or grouped with any other toon in the game. Contest would be open to all players, dev's, gm's or develpoers that wanted to play. This would be a total honor system, but I feel that 99% of the players who play here are honorable and could be trusted. I will say the reason for all the names to be Contest### is that if anyone saw another player in the contest grouped up and took a screen shot of that player then that player would be disqualtified.

Well, there it is in a nutshell! Please vote and let me know if this is a good idea or not something that players would find interesting. Please, if you don't like the idea or me for that matter just vote no and don't flame my idea. Subjestions are welcome.

Thanks, Merlin

imo and experience contests are like relationships, they always end bad... but thats just me... if you wanna give stuff away then take a few million credits give it to the devs and tell them to divide it up equally among the entire player base :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sounds kinda cool, but it would be hard to ensure people weren't cheating, and we don't have a /played command in yet, though it's being worked on.

Sounds kinda cool, but it would be hard to ensure people weren't cheating, and we don't have a /played command in yet, though it's being worked on.

Hello, ya, I have talked to David about the /played command and he said he is working on it. David does like my idea and I talked to him about it about 2 weeks ago. As soon as he gets the command to work (he does have a version he is testing now) and if all go's well with the vote then I will probile get the players a week to signup for the contest and hopefully get it started.

Merlin

yup hard to check especially since this bug were jenquai can atk cloaked so u probably wouldnt even notice the ps is leeched

My two main Toons are Jenq and I have never been able to attack while cloaked.... Now there is a graphics bug where I appear to be cloaked but the Mobs can still see me just fine- Really fun when im in the FB and I think im cloaked and Im really not :)

I like the idea of player-run contests, but I would suggest finding something less dependent on player honesty.

+1

I like the idea of player-run contests, but I would suggest finding something less dependent on player honesty.

I have been working on this idea for about a month now and even though there maybe one or 2 players who will try to break the couple of rules that would be attached to the contest I will know if someone has cheated or not. The whole idea of the new toons having names like "Contest###" is so that it will be easy for someone namely other players in the contest and some spotters in the game. I also will be checking out many of the players to make sure everything is cool. I would hope though that since this is a "Player ran contest" that players will play fair and not cheat on their fellow players. Also, players can put the other players in that toons friend list and check on them themselves. Since the prizes will be a nice package of items such as a CFB, Graverobber, Zets, Claw, WH lvl 8 & 9 and a bunch of other stuff I will put together, I am sure players will keep an eye on each other. The bottom line is for players like me who have many toons all over lvl 135 it would be a nice challange for them and if they have to lower themselves to cheat to win then so be it. I will know and so will all their fellow players! Now if none of you think it can be done then so be that too and I will drop the whole idea which will be a bummer, but life go's on and besides, this is just a stress test and so what if someone cheats me out of 100 mil! It will all be gone in a month or 3 anyway right? Now if it was live then that would be another matter altogether. Anyway, thanks for the comments and once David has finished the /played command then I will see how the voting has gone and decided wither to go ahead or not. TTYL :-)

Merlin