Seeker- Reactor Optimization

Is menace the only skill whose visual effect is completely not showing up like this?

Edit:

I've taken a look at the menace code and made a small tweak which I think will solve the visual effect problem. Look for an update within a day or so.

I'm not sure, last I heard it was happening with shield inversion as-well... and to clarify, it was the patch with the content push that broke these in the first place.

Edited by irrelevant

The shield inversion effect works, it just seems to start off a little hesitantly. This problem is completely unrelated to the content patch, there was what seemed to be a small error in the menace ability code.

The shield inversion effect works, it just seems to start off a little hesitantly. This problem is completely unrelated to the content patch, there was what seemed to be a small error in the menace ability code.

Don't know the exact timeline, just know that the animation in question was working the day before the 'march patch', if that helps in tracking the issue.

anyway now that you're obviously aware of the issue, I'll attempt to return this thread to:

Fairy Ribbons!

Edited by irrelevant

Don't know the exact timeline, just know that the animation in question was working the day before the 'march patch', if that helps in tracking the issue.

Fairy Ribbons!

I appreciate the extra information, I just wanted to be clear that it was a coincidence. :D

anyway now that you're obviously aware of the issue, I'll attempt to return this thread to:

Fairy Ribbons!

Yes, let's talk about fairy ribbons, lol. Maybe we should make this thread into a poll. By the way, could someone post a screenshot of this effect? I can't make a JS because the Character and Starship Creator is giving me grief.

this effect was originally used for the jenquai group shrine in live. Since we probably won't have that working for a while it doesn't really matter though.

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of effects to choose from that swirl around like that. We chose that one and eliminated the sound effect (thank goodness) to make it less annoying. We'll be on the look out for less annoying effects but we have a limited number of options. We will look into some other options and will try to post a poll for the public to choose between them if the choices are equally good (or bad).

this effect was originally used for the jenquai group shrine in live. Since we probably won't have that working for a while it doesn't really matter though.

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of effects to choose from that swirl around like that. We chose that one and eliminated the sound effect (thank goodness) to make it less annoying. We'll be on the look out for less annoying effects but we have a limited number of options. We will look into some other options and will try to post a poll for the public to choose between them if the choices are equally good (or bad).

Can you use a current effect but recolored? Perhaps you could use the current Draco/Cygnus/Blood of the Dragon effect, but color it based upon the level of the effect like it currently does?

Additionally, is the reactor opt buff supposed to show up in my active buff list? It currently does not, so just being curious.

Thanks for the update Kenu

And I also do not show the Reactor buff in my active buff list.. I do know im getting the 20% increase in my reactor, just not sure about the 10% regen since its alittle hard to tell when the numbers are flying by so fast anyway.

can you recheck the shield recharge buff - sticking buffs should all be 100% fixed now. How about we change the colour of the effect to subdue it a little? I can have it change colour with the level - maybe it could blue shift with increasing skill?

EDIT: just read fuulish's post which says the same thing about colour - yep I agree it's a good idea!

Hello all,

Ok, since I have 2 progans (PW & PP) with lvl 7 shield inversion I can add just what is happening. 1st you hit it and you see nothing, but it does look as if the mobs are being hit by it. Then when the mob dies you see the normal graphics for about 15 to 20 sec. This all started with the patch that fixed the PW's combat trance which does now seem to work btw. With the way SI is working now it is almost impossible to use.

On the subject of the "Fairy Ribbon" I really hate it when someone puts it on me as you have this large ribbon circling around your ship which is very distracting to say the last. What I purpose would be to either use a shield bubble or the combat trance graphics for this skill. With the bubble you can make it so you don't see it at all and with trance it is a small ring that go's around your ship. Now the 3rd option is no graphics at all. We do not have graphics for Reactor recharge buffing, warp buffing or shield buffing. This option would be problie the most wanted by both the players and the programers as it wouldn't add to the graphics problem that seems to be the biggest problem with the game now. There is already so many graphics going on that removing some of it would help you guys (the programmers) and the players as what it all boils down to is when we are in combat the fewer the distractions the better.

Just my 2 cents for what it is worth! TTYL :-)

Merlin

P.S. Would there be a way to have a "/" command that would allow us to turn off each graphic? Thanks

Edited by Lars

Non-effect, but reactor opt discussion:

why is it that reactor optimization can only be used on other players at lvl 5 + , and not lvl 3+ like every other buff type skill? balancing issues or something??

Which level are you referring to? The target player's combat level or your skill level?

Which level are you referring to? The target player's combat level or your skill level?

A JT can cannot cast Reactor Optimization on another player until she obtains L5 Skill (CL25). I think the previous poster is referring to that.

Haha, I realized that shortly after posting. I'm not sure why this is.

I think the skill itself is actually designed that way (I could be wrong). The skill description, includes that it may only be cast on the skill user, for the lower level ones.

It does say that, but I tend to agree that it doesn't seem to make sense given the fact that most other buff-type skills can be applied to other players at L3 or lower.

Just got one and tried out the new Reactor opt setup- While the visual is still the same the color is better. The cool blue's compared to the yellows/pinks of before is a nice change. Having it float around is still annoying but with it being a better more neutral color its takes down the annoyance quite a bit.

Thanks for the work guys.

Hello,

Ok, even though the color is somewhat better, I still do not want JS's to put it on me in a group. Since I normally lead the combat group I need to see what is going on and to make sure the smaller players are not going to die and to have that ribbon floating around is very annoying! So the bottom line is that I am sure I am not the only one who wants that thing on my ship, so if you could make it so that I can use a slash command to turn off the effects then it would be useful. Also, the option of having no graphics effect for the JS skill is an option as I have stated before not every skill or buff needs a graphic to go with it. I will make a poll on this subject. Thanks

Merlin

• Upvote 1