Seeker- Reactor Optimization

I love the skill, I hate the graphic. I know you guys have alot of other stuff going on right now and this request may sound a bit odd but is there anyway we can get this Graphic changed? I love what the skill does but having pink/yellow/white fairy dust float around my screen for several min's is not only ugly but its also very annoying to have it constantly buzzing around when im trying to battle. Maybe change it to a bubble like the Psi/Envio shield or have a single lights run around the ship like the PW's Combat trance even something Similar to the rally skill would be better (The part under the ship not the scanner).... anything has got to be better then Tinkerbell buzzing my cockpit.

Just something to think about for future updates =)

Thanks

-WT

The effect we're using might be the one that was originally meant for reactor opt back in the Westwood/EA days, in which case people not want to change it, but we'll certainly look into it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I suggested this to a Dev when the skill was first implemented. Didn't really get a straight answer if it was even possible to change it. My solution is to zoom out from the ship by holding shift and dragging your mouse down. This way, you can see a lot better, and the graphic interference is really reduced. I'm actually pretty used to the graphics now, and don't really notice it.

If it's really a significant interference we will definitely take players' advice on changing it. I'm going to go take a look for myself.

WHAT are you talking about???

Obviously a matter of opinion here, because I think the reactor opt has the coolest of animations-- its one of the reasons I even made a seeker!

You have got to be kidding me? You made a JS only because you want a fairy ribbon dancing around your ship? All kidding aside, it is very distracting to say the least and with the problem with all the stuck graphics in the game I can hardly wait to have 50 of those things flying around the ship. Yes I know all the pretty colors are real cool and all, but when you are doing combat the last thing you need is one more distraction. Ofcourse if you are fighting lvl 5 mobs, no problem, but when you get out there and fight with the big boys, fairy ribbons have no place in combat! No wonder the Progens won the War with the Jen! The Jen were all runing around like pixies waving ribbons at the progan ships! lol

Lars (Was smiling when I wrote this so keep that in mind)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

It doesn't bother me, the ultra feminine graphic fits the class whose leader wears all pink.

This thread is BEGGING for Tyran to pop in and make a comment about Jenquai dominatrices and their boy-toys in purple leathers. :)

This thread is BEGGING for Tyran to pop in and make a comment about Jenquai dominatrices and their boy-toys in purple leathers. :)

Lol. Yeah, but I wouldn't call Ariad a Dominatrix, that's Merjan's job.

Now that you mention it... I could see Ariad as something of an alpha-submissive, heheh.

But Merjan is just plain freaky, with her monkey-ears and trying to pull off that Jackie-O pillbox hat some four centuries after it went out of style.

Oh, and a monster ego:

"Know that I am Merjan, emissary, who has met with much, who has known many, and who has risen above each and the rest. Know that I am the meeting of Paren, its breath and speech, and therefore above all..."

Now that you mention it... I could see Ariad as something of an alpha-submissive, heheh.

But Merjan is just plain freaky, with her monkey-ears and trying to pull off that Jackie-O pillbox hat some four centuries after it went out of style.

Oh, and a monster ego:

"Know that I am Merjan, emissary, who has met with much, who has known many, and who has risen above each and the rest. Know that I am the meeting of Paren, its breath and speech, and therefore above all..."

Exactly, just ask Ome Dziga about crossing Merjan. Yeah, and you know Geusau, in Live he was seeing both Merjan, and Uje'da.

Edited by Terrell

Off topic, but this here:

http://www.gamingsocietyx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1908&page=1&pp=15

is an interesting resource for some of the mission talk trees in Live (where I got that Merjan quote from)

She says that right now, if you go to Paren Station. Complete with the voice actress. (Roberta Farkas I think)

In live there was a mission that Du'Shao Silva gave my JW, to kill 5 Mevri drones, and present their wreckage to Merjan. Let's just say Merjan was NOT pleased. (There was a disagreement between the two about who should guard Vishao's Gate, JW's or drones)

Edited by Terrell

You have got to be kidding me? You made a JS only because you want a fairy ribbon dancing around your ship?

ONE of the reasons, yes. And not everyone perceives it as a 'fairy ribbon' :) But I understand you were smiling.

I haven't played the JS TOO much, but from what i've done, I can't say I ever found the animation distracting-- round balls flying close to my ship are not distracting when my main is a PS shooting plasma/chem orbs.

One good thing about the graphic is that a JT can clearly see when the skill has worn out on one of her groupmates, and refresh it, without having to be informed. Especially since she cannot see her groupmates reactor status, unlike shields and armor.

The ribbon graphic is a bit... flamboyant. But it's definitely not as bad as the "never disappearing" shield recharge powering up graphic.

Is that still happening?

Has been noted in post to David in Beta section I think it was.

A few animations "stick " but I'm finding that combat from within my blazing white shield recharge ball is like playing peek a boo.

I only see the mob when I move and it takes that fraction of a second to block the view in front of me again.

Alk

I took a look at the code for this and I get the feeling that the problem is communication-related, because the skill code looks correct and I'm not sure how it could be modified to alleviate this. It seems we'll just have to wait for the connection to become more stable. On a positive note, it seems Tienbau may have fixed the problem with effects being stuck on mobs after death.

Is that still happening?

On a related note,[since off topic here already :)] in case this has not been spammed enough:

It appears that with the last content push, there was an attempt to fix skill animations; that had some issues, then Tienbau pushed another fix for it the same night, but that has not worked either (menace is still not animating, for example) Just pointing this out incase the devs are under the impression it was fixed.

Edited by irrelevant

It appears that with the last content push, there was an attempt to fix skill animations; that had some issues, then Tienbau pushed another fix for it the same night, but that has not worked either (menace is still not animating, for example) Just pointing this out incase the devs are under the impression it was fixed.

Is menace the only skill whose visual effect is completely not showing up like this?

Edit:

I've taken a look at the menace code and made a small tweak which I think will solve the visual effect problem. Look for an update within a day or so.

Edited by C Del

The shield recharge graphic? Yeah that was still occurring just a couple nights ago. I haven't had a chance to recheck it tho.

FYI- Ive been Shield charging with my JS and since the March content update a few days ago I have not had the recharge graphic stick...