Raid trigger FFA ?

There was a " talk " in game chat about all raid trigger's being FFA for a player ....  Please do not kill a trigger on a guild week .

Lets talk about it here .

What can the Dev's do to make this player happy ?

What can the Guild's do to make this player happy ?

We have a rotation set up for the BIG 3 and a public week .  Yes i know the rotation sucks , but it is better than having 30 to 40 campers at a raid area trying to out DPS every one else.

I know the Dev team has " raid trigger's " far down on the " lets get it done list " .  Lets give them the dev team the time they need to push new content in the game . Remember the dev team take time from there family to give us the game we have now .

But to be honest I am getting sick of the daily rants in open chat . ie new player channel .

This post is Me talking , not as a member of one of the BIG 3.  I mean no disrespect to anyone or guild big or small .

All comments are welcome may they be good or bad .

• Upvote 1

I just want to know which player said that he was going to ignore the happy community we have now (mainly) and go kill triggers ? Its not a solo game , join a guild (unless you have pissed all the guilds off with your attitude) or go on public raids (if your still welcome to) if you want a chance at 'rolling' for raid gear. I am in one of the biggest guilds but it still took me over a year to get a Spiiter and longer to get a GoD , you just got to have patience . 

As for the question 'What can the Devs do to make this player happy' ?  Not a lot as far as i can see , and why should they ?

'What can the guilds do to make this player happy' ?  Hmmmmmmmmm give him all our raid gear  ?    (NOPE ! ) 

Like Lobevaser i am tired of certain players whinging about aspects of the game that does not meet their standards , i for one am just glad to be able to play this game once again !!!!!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

Not sure on the rest of the world, but here in the states if one person yells and screams enough they seem to get what they want, 'The squeaky wheel gets the grease' kinda thing.  If one person has an issue, I say let them speak their mind, there may be some merit to their thoughts.  As far as killing the trigger, this would be a call for the Devs based upon if that person knew it was a raid trigger, knew it wasn't public week, ect.    Now if the person did it just to monkey things up or because they could,  then I wouldn't want someone elses actions messing up my game play

As a member of 1 of the big 3 we do the best we can with what we have is the rotation perfect no far from it .But its better than the chaos that would surely ensue if it was all ffa we have been their an done that . So we have people that might want to kill a trigger out of frustration or rage what ever the case maybe.

Maybe we need to ask the dev's make these raid triggers a raid mob that will take more than a group to kill so someone just flying a long wont have any doubt what that mob is for or will get owned for their asinine  actions

Edited by Pagon

Over the past several weeks, BL has spawned the triggers for public raids which I think has helped. Perhaps a mission can be setup (long/involved) to allow groupd to spawn a raid trigger with their name on it in addition to the normal spawn rotation.  The Fish Bowl seems to work as is, Feathers are a popular trade item, could the same be done with the other raids?

Not being a member of a guild I have always wondered how "the big 3" are determined, is it by simple toon count?, actual players? (not number of toons each) by the guilds combined activity level?  Not pointing fingers here, but of the big 3 I dont see a large percentage of guild tags running around the game, at least not to match what the database shows it to be.

Edited by Red

The entire 'raid trigger' thing being made more like the fishbowl has been talked, talked, talked some more and eventually put at the bottom of the very long list the Emu team is currently working on. It was up to us, the player base to work out something that resembles 'normalcy' so everyone could enjoy the content.

While this rotation is not the absolute perfect solution, it certainly allows for the vast majority of the player base to enjoy and participate in the 'end game' content, which was exactly what it was implemented for.

For ONE person to be disgruntled about how they perceive things to be and then proceed to ruin the game 'fun' for others because they aren't happy is just wrong. It is uncalled for and it is immature at best.

If you have valid reasons why things are not working for you, things that can be addressed by making adjustments to something, then by all means, please, speak up and we can all try to work together to get something done.

If you are doing it solely because you have a warranted or unwarranted hatred of the "Big 3" then I would instead suggest you get to know the players of those "Big 3" and make a determination about each of those players based on their own merit, not by what flag they fly.

As always

Fly Safe!

-Alurra