Respawn Rates

I was on pretty late last night (1am EST) and I couldn't seem to find ANY asteroids around where I was supposed to be mining for my initial training missions. I jumped on before work this morning and the place was overflowing with them. How often to things like asteroids respawn?

There weren't any roids to use when I trained my JE either, at the navs they were supposed to be, so I freewarped around the sector and found the ores elsewhere. Mission updated just fine.

Well, I'll just have to take a peek around the sector and see what I can find then. Do you think this is something we should post about in the Suggestions section? I'm sure we can get enough support behind it from all the explorer classes to maybe bump it up to 15 minutes or so, or maybe just make things more populous.

Thanks, everybody.

I think it's just getting jammed up due to all of the newbie JE's hatching from the station right now. Doubling or tripling the asteroid content around resource point would make sense though.

It's basically like having a low respawn timer on noob area quest mobs, problematic with a whack of new people coming out, but then fine in 2 weeks.

while there is no doubt that these missions can be completed if you wait the 20 minutes what we should be doing is requesting that we go back to live respawn rates so that there is only what maybe 3-5 minutes from the time you mine a roid till the time a replacement shows up. also as avani stated we are dealing with densities of mining resources and mobs in many cases that are a half to a third what they were in live, and here we have about 1/10th the population that was logged on in live at any given time and it's still a bottlneck.

of course there are still unfinished sectors, many missing resource fields, etc. but dealing with respawn rates and current densities is important as well.